LOTR 10 Year Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Freakzoid
Reaction score
It's been 10 years since the start of filming on the LOTR trilogy.

40.jpg

Check out the latest Weta webcast celebrating the 10th anniversary and announcing The Red Eye of Sauron pin

https://www.wetanz.com/listen-to-the-weta-cast-episode-xiv-rings-10-year-anniversary/

https://www.wetanz.com/the-red-eye-of-sauron-pin/from/brand

lotrbadgeredeyealrg2.jpg

Saw the film on opening night back in December 2001. The tragic events of 9/11 was still fresh on everyone's mind. I was 28 years young then, and was preparing for war.

I was in 5th grade so I don't remember how old I was at the time.

I did not get into LOTR until 2003 but I love everything about it and my love and passion for what Tolkien and Jackson created will never diminish.

10 reply, 150 views.

Yep the lotr franchise is weak.:monkey1

10 reply, 150 views.

Yep the lotr franchise is weak.:monkey1

"The trilogy grossed $3 billion in worldwide theatrical boxoffice, plus an estimated $3 billion from DVD, TV licensing and merchandise sales. " It is estimated that The Hobbit will gross over $2 billion in combined sales.

I wouldn't base the franchise strength on a thread:lol

ok the franchise collectibles appeal then.

Like everything else the appeal of any franchise collectible is dependent on the quality of the specific item. I think if you were to try and tell SS how weak their LOTR licence is based on items such and the Berserker and Legolas PF's, or the Shades of Mordor dio. they'd probably think you're ready for the looney bin.:duh Getting excited about a 2" lapel pin, well that's a whole different story altogether.

I miss going to the theatres every Christmas to watch the next LOTR picture. It was always a big event. I look forward to doing that again when The Hobbit comes out.

Hey Tim, I think you should include this with every pin order so that we can celebrate properly...

steinlagerwatertin.jpg

:D

I ordered the pin, just because it was nice to order something from somewhere that the canadaian dollar is higher than, it's been so rare over the years to be able to do that. Pin and shipping was less than 15$.

Back