Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea but he sung Star Wars back in the 70s, not at this one? Unless you're talking about something else I missed? He sang Jaws this time.

One thing that was kind of interesting to me was seeing the audition tapes and how many characters that made it on the show were created before they were cast.

Wish I saw this live, looks like Hulu butchered it :slap

If you're referring to the fact that it's only an hour and a half, they split it into two parts. I thought the same thing, at first, but then I discovered there's a second hour and a half long segment.

like most on here, Jeopardy was fun as hell, the rest of the show was just crap.....other than Seinfeld.....

Murphy really hasn't done anything for decades and when given a chance to do something, he decided to back out and not do the skit they wanted him to do......Sorry the whole not kicking a guy when he's down doesn't cut it with me, that's what SNL and pretty much every other comedy variety show does.....he's just lost it and cant or doesn't want to find it......he knows it and is basically pouting imo

Look at Cosby, hell they're trying and may end up hanging him, and he's still out there working and trying to make others laugh.....Murphy just wants to cry himself to sleep every night...

Honestly, I don't think Eddie hates anyone or is sad about anything, I just think he's, well, done. I was reading an article in Rolling Stone from 2011, where they basically asked him why all of his movies over the past decade have sucked, and he pretty much said, he made all his money and all of the good films he wanted to make, and that he was just content enjoying his wealth and occassionally doing a project that he thinks would be fun and make him a few more bucks to add to his collection.

Why does Eddie hate SNL/Lorne Michaels?

^
David Spade made a crack on his SNL news segment back when Murphy's vampire movie came out, showed a pic of Eddie in costume and said something like "Oh, look kids, a falling star."
Murphy took it as a personal insult against his whole career, and since Lorne gets final approval on all material that make the show, he felt Lorne approved of the shot and that the SNL fraternity let him down. Pretty childish really.

David Spade as the obnoxious usher again was great. It looked the crowd didn't get into it though, I was shocked.

Where was Rob Scheidner?

One thing I liked was the tribute to all the past SNL Cast that past away. It reminded me of the quality they do the memorials for the Oscars.

So what's with Jon Lovitz

Was he really supposed to have died before? Does anyone follow his story because I remember a few years ago they did a commercial with Jon Lovitz and Kevin Kline saying that they died.

Last edited:
I like Spade, but, the point is, as time goes on, if I were in Murphy's shoes, having seen some of Spade's ouevre, I probably wouldn't lend much credence to such a joke.

I like Murphy when he was in his prime, but there was always the diva part of him that turned me off, and I think a lot of people in the industry as well.... I know when he was making 48 hrs he was a total jerk to everyone and held up production many time cause of his attitude and playing the diva.......Of course that's the norm now a days, but back then I think it really turned people off of him and everyone viewed him as a spoiled little brat.....Now people accept it as the norm....

Back