LOST episode 2.1 *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the magnet that pulled the key from around Jack's neck. Seems to be pretty powerful. I guess this explains why the compasses were not working properly in season one.

And was the guy who was in the crash with Jack's wife Shannon's dad? Didn't he die in an accident?

Mutant Enemy said:
If you want more spoilerific fun that ties into the clones/twins theory check this out. Go to this website: https://www.oceanicflight815.com/ then click on the barcode to the left of "Theory Board".
When the box to type in comes up type: theislandiswaiting

This will bring up a script page from the episode "Man of Science, Man of Faith" which was the name of tonights episode (I think) Thing is, what is written in this script page didn't happen in tonights episode. So maybe its bogus or maybe it is still to come. Read at your own risk!

Ok, that is all too creepy considering the #'s theory. :horror

At the risk of total scurging, how did I miss that the woman was Jack's wife, I didn't get that somehow --- can someone fill me in on that. :peace

In season one it was said in Jack's flashback that his wife was a crash victim he operated on. Here I lifted this from Wikpedia, it helps explain his wife and a recap on the character for you:

Prior to Oceanic Flight 815
Jack is a neurosurgeon who lived in the United States. He traveled to Sydney to find his missing father, Dr. Christian Shephard.

Apparently early in his medical career, he operated on a car crash victim named Sarah. He was forced to perform surgery, but seemingly failed and told her her back was broken. However, she was able to move her toes and feel in her legs, so she could walk again. They eventually married, although by the time of the flight, he is unmarried and no longer wears his ring.

Christian had operated on a woman while under the influence of alcohol; when Jack discovered this he relieved his father of the surgery. He was unable to repair the damage, however, and the woman died. Christian pressured Jack to sign a report saying the woman was beyond medical assistance, but during the inquiry Jack discovered the woman was pregnant and revealed the truth. His father fled with his medical career shattered, eventually ending up in Sydney. While there, Christian encountered Sawyer in a bar and told him that he wanted to apologize and tell his son that he did the right thing, but was too weak to call him. Christian Shephard later died of alcohol poisoning. When Jack left the United States, he knew only that his father was missing. Eventually he found him, in a Sydney morgue. Jack had trouble getting the casket onto the plane but was eventually successful.

On the plane, he was seated next to Rose. When the turbulence struck, Rose's husband was in the bathroom and Jack promised to take care of her until he returned. Before the plane's tail section broke off, Jack fell unconscious.

[edit]
On the island
At the beginning of "Pilot: Part 1", we see that Jack was thrown into the woods and had multiple gashes, including a large one on his back. Upon finding the plane's wreckage on the beach, he tends to many survivors but is unable to save all of them. He enlists Kate to sew the gash on his back, marking the beginning of their friendship. He leads an expedition with Kate and Charlie to find the cockpit and the plane's transciever. Together they find it but also witness the pilot's death at the hands of the "monster".

Jack is quickly thrust into a leadership role by the other survivors because of his medical training and take-charge attitude. He quickly develops a rivalry with Sawyer, mainly over Kate and her feelings towards them. Starting in "Walkabout" and continuing in "White Rabbit", Jack begins glimpsing his father distantly. He chases the image, which eventually leads him to a cave shelter and source of fresh water. He also finds his father's casket, empty. Jack gets some of the survivors to join him in the caves, while others remain on the beach, hoping to spot a rescue ship.

Until "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues", Jack is mainly seen performing medical duties, such as trying to help Shannon with her asthma, or Claire with her false labor pains. In that episode, he hastily tries to find Ethan after he abducts Charlie and Claire. When they find Charlie, Jack attempts to save him with CPR, but to little avail at first. Even when Kate tells him to give up, Jack continues until he resuscitates Charlie.

When Kate tries to get a case that was the U.S. Marshal's, she gets Jack to help exhume the Marshal's body to find the key. After Jack finds the guns in the case, he takes it and the key and hides it. He first takes them out when he, Sawyer, Charlie and Sayid decide to trap Ethan. In "Deus Ex Machina" and "Do No Harm", Jack works furiously to save Boone, who had suffered fatal injuries in the previous episode. However, he finds himself still having trouble letting go, a problem we have seen foreshadowed in most of his flashbacks. Boone eventually tells Jack to let him go, to which Jack agrees. Since then, Jack's distrust of Locke has grown due to Locke not telling Jack everything that's going on.

In "Exodus", Jack is part of the team that retrives the dynamite at the "Black Rock" and that plans to open the mysterious hatch. Before he leaves, he and Sawyer make up when Sawyer tells him about the encounter he had with his father. Jack and Locke put aside their differences in order to open it, although Locke says that the reason they don't get along is because Jack is a "man of science," while Locke is a "man of faith."

Lost

Well... darn darn darn darn darn... I was only an Alias addict and this show... I watched the whole season one in three days... I was mad when a customer came in to look at the sets because I could not finish my episode... did not want anyone interrupting me. So yes I saw the season opener yesterday and I just cannot describe how this show got me sucked in to the mystery of the island. It is really weird how all the people some way are connected. You guys are so smart with all your theories... I don't even get close to thinking about what it will be.

Thanks Mutant, I do remember that now -- I appreciate your time. :D

I can't believe they moved that fast either...

Having just watched all of Season 1 on DVD for the first time in the last two weeks, nothing was worse for me than commercials! UGH! lol...

Anyway - I can't believe all the stuff we got to see in that episode.

I manged to connect the dots with Desmond before it was revealed, as well as Jack's wife.

What got me was Walt. That was just plain freaky.

My theory, based on a spoiler-free existence, is that the 'disease' of which the french woman speaks might be something that develops over time. The whispers and halluncenations are just part of that.

Desmond must have quarantined himself from the disease, along with the antedote in the bunker. (Like others, i thought it was roids at first too)

I briefly thought Desmond was going to be the French lady's son, Alex...but I guess he was too old.

Anyway, this is the best show of its kind to hit the airwaves in years. I just wish it was on Sunday's at 9pm...;p

BTW - Avoiding the big posts...

BTW - I'm avoiding the long posts from other boards and stuff, cause I REALLY REALLY don't want to be spoiled by someone who actually knows what is going to happen.

Anyone else trying to remain spoiler free for each episode?

I like your idea of the serum Chris, that sounds just as plausible as most things with this show. :wacky

As for Desmond, that didn't seem to come as too much of a surprise, but what was is how the heck he got in there? :confused:

Man that clone theory is certainly cool, aahhhhahhha I can't wait! :google

Where is the real Locke? He was in a plane crash, silly! They ALL died in the crash.

And like Chris I'm trying to stay spoiler free, although I did read that script page
:thwak

I'm thinking that too Dave...

Until the last episode, I was under the same impression.

The crash killed everyone, and this is their own personal hell. It seems that each person, no matter how nice they are, have some 'major' moral flaw in their past that might just send them ot the nether regions.

I can't imagine mass media today, however, using a concept of Hell.

*shrug*

Yes Chris believe it or not I think most of us are trying to be spoiler free, but I think it is fun to bounce ideas and theories around. When it come down to it I take most of the stuff I have seen on the web with a grain of salt. Not sure any of it is really on point. Even the script page that seems semi-authentic, the one spoilerish thing I did read, wasn't in the episode it was supposed to be in. (proving it as false?) I guess time will tell.

and back to speculating...

So anyone have any predictions on the fate of the people on the Raft, and how they will make it back to shore? Hopefully they will show them somewhat in episode 2.2 , guess its gonna take like half the season for them to get back according to what someone posted here.

pitchin said:
One bad thing about the first episode is..........CAN'T GET THAT BLOODY TUNE OUT MY HEAD NOW!!! :joy :joy

"MAAAAAAKE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC!"

hehe... you think that is bad.. watch "Weeds" and try and get THAT song out of your head!!!!

As for the fate of the "rafters" I doubt we will see ANYTHING of them until they suddenly wash up on shore. I think the Island will bring them back, floating on debris and such.

Can't wait to get these mysteries solved!! Of course, in their place... more mysteries will arise!

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read ABC is going to re-air the second-season premiere this Wed :banana I missed it last WED cause I was still watching the first season DVD's and didnt want to screw-up the storyline.

Wish ABC was like FX...

For those of us without TIVO yet - i really wish ABC would repeat the LOST episode of the week after hours or another night. FX does a great job of this with The Shield and their other shows. In fact, USA too...I can always catch up on some of those shows if I miss the original air date.

I do realize that network tv is harder to handle than cable - but it would be nice. Maybe even on another cable network they happen to own.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Remember the guy that died on the opporating table? The guy that Jack DIDN'T go help and because of that he died? Well, watching it (and knowing the nature of the show) I was thinking that this wasn't just "something that happens." There had to be more to it... hehe.. welllllllllll

His name was Mr. Rutherford. Sound familiar? Well it should. Rutherford is the last name of Shannon!!! Shannon Rutherford! And remember her dad is dead! Jack's wife hit his car and in the hospital, Jack saved her and in doing so allowed him to die. So now Jack is semi-responsible for Shannon's dad's death.

Also, Mr Rutherfords time of death was 8:15!!!

Lookin4Precious said:
HOLY (No point bleeping bc no word exists for this...)

Check this out.. this was from IMDB...

"I recently found an interesting, natually occuring theory found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probability and other natural occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory.

Sorry to drag up the beginning of the thread (I just watched last weeks episode) but isn't Roussau the French Woman's name?

Back