• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Another scam from an ebay seller

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with K'

The seller is not covered if the item is not shipped to a confirmed PayPal address.

I would call PayPal.

Well one policy change with eBay is that the address doesn't even need to be confirmed anymore, but it is supposed to be associated with EBay Payment or the Paypal transaction page.

https://pages.ebay.com/paypal/seller/

"Use a shipping method that provides tracking information and/or valid delivery confirmation to the address in the PayPal transaction details or eBay order details page."

If you sell outside of eBay I think Paypal still requires a confirmed address for protection, though.

If you change the address when printing the mailing lable from paypal, it does say you are not covered when changing from a confirmed address. :dunno

Ebay owns them but they are still a seperate company with their rules so.....I would call PayPal.

I am really sorry- live and learn. Hard lesson to take, I know. ZERO feedback on seller? You are taking a big gamble on a high ticket item.
Hope you are able to recover from this. I know these things occur..don't get me started on Ebay....

Yes, sometimes buyers ask to send to a different address after they pay, and for that reason I have to say, "only if you resend payment with the correct address attached."

I would call Paypal as well just because eBay seems to be unhelpful. I had an issue with some incompetence at eBay's customer service recently, so that could be an issue.

Whats the ebay name so we dont become a victim?

His ebay user name is:

fenfightguess

He ships from Santa Ana, CA. His return address name is Albert Gomez (could be fake). the postmaster also gave me the returned address, but I didnt write in down, Im going to try and get it from her when I talk to her.

His paypal address addy is:

[email protected]

I am confused. Wouldn't the tracking# show it was at Flat Priority Mail envelope? It always lists the type of package. Clearly its not a DX11. Did you file a PayPal claim? Just because it says delivered doesn't mean anything, regardless you didn't get the item.The same thing once happened to me (bought from China). The tracking# showed delivered but I got nothing at all. I opened a Paypal claim and pointed out that the the tracking # said "letter" and mine was supposed to be a package. Paypal sided with me and I got a full refund.

The tracking just says priority mail. I was told by the postmaster that the tracking matched a picture of flat priority mail.

Sucks bro. Did you use a credit card through PayPal?
I used half from Paypal balance I had after I sold a Darth Maul, and half from my bank account.

Was the total cost OVER $249.99 that you sent? He has to send it with signature that way if it was.........

It was 275.00 shipped. He didn't have signature confirmation.

Just the simple fact that Paypal/EBay always tell sellers they have to send to addresses associated with the payment makes me think eBay isn't getting the full story here. From my understanding, you (buyer) should certainly be covered if the item is sent to the wrong address. Take it to Paypal if EBay isn't helpful. They're owned by the same company but have some different policies.

I honestly think Ebay doesn't care. I dont think I can get anywhere until the post office helps me out somehow. I dont know if there is a document they can give me to prove that the package was delivered to the different address. At the moment Im waiting for a return call from the post office. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
This is troubling. I thought for items over $250 signature confirmation is required, otherwise eBay/PayPal would side with the buyer.

Have you tried to contact Paypal directly? The $250 signature confirmation thing is also supposed to be part of seller protection, so things are definitely looking in the buyer's favor to me at this point.

Owned by the same company, related policies, but different ones and different customer service agents. It's possible they'll force you to deal with eBay customer service, but I'm guessing they will try to assist on their own.

Keep trying. Don't go through Ebay go through Paypal.
If the seller did not ship the item via Signature Confirmation then its on him.

I was told by paypal that tracking is not enough the seller must ship with Signature confirmation to be covered.

If the person at paypal tells you otherwise ask to speak to someone else.

Don't hang up until you get the answer you want.

This is a bizarre story, considering the guy had zero ( 0 ) feedback. Aren't these guys supposed to prove themselves. I clearly remember when I opened my new account like 7 years ago. The first few big transactions, they held all my funds until the seller actually left me positive feedback. They need to be harder on new user's for this very reason. Not sure how these people can get away with something like this.

Just out of curiosity, how does your feedback look? Considering I am a top rated seller and have been on ebay for years, paypal for over 10. I have to imagine they would side with me in this situation.

This is a bizarre story, considering the guy had zero ( 0 ) feedback. Aren't these guys supposed to prove themselves. I clearly remember when I opened my new account like 7 years ago. The first few big transactions, they held all my funds until the seller actually left me positive feedback. They need to be harder on new user's for this very reason. Not sure how these people can get away with something like this.

Just out of curiosity, how does your feedback look? Considering I am a top rated seller and have been on ebay for years, paypal for over 10. I have to imagine they would side with me in this situation.

1172, no negatives.

i went through this and posted here about it------
this is a ez spam-----the seller can send anything to your city and it will show on usps the city and delivered on usps.com and when you call paypal they will say you got the item and the buyer is screwed if he/she does not play the smart game on this scam---- only 2 ways to deal with this scam.
first if the item is over $250.00 the seller has to prove the address it was shipped plus signature confirmation.....this is paypal rule---
second the only way to win this is opening claim as item not as described -------send back a empty box to this scumbag and get refunded....................this is how i got my funds back on the scam ----i senT my cats used litter to the seller who thought he could scam me.................
if you already called paypal and did not find any solution what you need to do is say that you did find the item and that is was delivered to your neighbors house and it is not correct at all, open a claim as item not as described i am 100% the seller will not respond which will take 7 days, ebay will send you a shipping label pack up some good **** from your pet, the box of popo is delivered it says that on usps.com =-------your funds back----------------
again this is the only way------------TRUST ME.....

Last edited:
this is a ez spam-----the seller can send anything to your city and it will show on usps the city and delivered on usps.com and when you call paypal they will say you got the item and the buyer is screwed if he/she does not play the smart game on this scam----this is the only 2 ways to deal with this scam.
first if the item is over $250.00 the seller has to prove the address it was shipped plus signature confirmation.....this is paypal rule---
second the only way to win this is opening claim as item not as described -------send back a empty box to this scumbag and get refunded....................this is how i got my funds back on the scam ----i send my cats used litter to the seller who thought he could scam me.................

:exactly:

:rotfl :yess: Genius!!

All BS aside, you need to go ahead and file that claim :monkey1

strange story. Ebay is supposed to hold the funds of new sellers/sellers with zero feedback until positive feedback is sent for the transaction, or a certain number of days have passed without a claim. PayPal and Ebay require signature confirmation for anything over $250. There is no way they should have sided with the seller in this case. :dunno

this is a ez spam-----the seller can send anything to your city and it will show on usps the city and delivered on usps.com and when you call paypal they will say you got the item and the buyer is screwed if he/she does not play the smart game on this scam---- only 2 ways to deal with this scam.
second the only way to win this is opening claim as item not as described -------send back a empty box to this scumbag and get refunded....................this is how i got my funds back on the scam ----i senT my cats used litter to the seller who thought he could scam me.................
if you already called paypal and did not find any solution what you need to do is say that you did find the item and that is was delivered to your neighbors house and it is not correct at all, open a claim as item not as described i am 100% the seller will not respond which will take 7 days, ebay will send you a shipping label pack up some good **** from your pet, the box of popo is delivered it says that on usps.com =-------your funds back----------------
again this is the only way------------TRUST ME.....

:lol :lol :lol

Brillant!!

I hope you get your money back man, really sucks dealing with these ****** bag scammers on eBay.

Back