• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Another scam from an ebay seller

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do what MOJO says...i was almostscammed the same way except i went with the route of them not being able to provide a signed confirmation....but what MOJO did is BRILLIANT!!!...fugging scammers!!

Hey guys, thank you all for your advice. I got my money back today. I just had to fax the letter I got from the post office (that took a while) , stating that the package was not mailed to the mailing address I provided. I was lucky the customer service lady I spoke to was nice enough to write it for me, cant thank her enough. Btw, the sellers name is (got his name from Paypal with the refund):

Neal Forrest

[email protected]

Beware of this scammer.

Last edited:
i went through this and posted here about it------
this is a ez spam-----the seller can send anything to your city and it will show on usps the city and delivered on usps.com and when you call paypal they will say you got the item and the buyer is screwed if he/she does not play the smart game on this scam---- only 2 ways to deal with this scam.
first if the item is over $250.00 the seller has to prove the address it was shipped plus signature confirmation.....this is paypal rule---
second the only way to win this is opening claim as item not as described -------send back a empty box to this scumbag and get refunded....................this is how i got my funds back on the scam ----i senT my cats used litter to the seller who thought he could scam me.................
if you already called paypal and did not find any solution what you need to do is say that you did find the item and that is was delivered to your neighbors house and it is not correct at all, open a claim as item not as described i am 100% the seller will not respond which will take 7 days, ebay will send you a shipping label pack up some good **** from your pet, the box of popo is delivered it says that on usps.com =-------your funds back----------------
again this is the only way------------TRUST ME.....
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Couldn't stop laughing at this. Best solution ever.

Actually, FYI for anyone that cares-

All initial eBay complaints are outsourced and policy is that if a tracking number is provided to automatically rule in the sellers favor. Also all initially calls are outsourced. But if you ask to speak to a manager/supervisor, or file a complaint about the initial "investigators", those are all handled by actual eBay employees in the USA. Which means they have to actually investigate and handle things according to USA law, as they can not claim they are overseas, or didn't know, or didn't understand because of language barrier, which they uses as a legal tactic. And you need to go thru eBay for this calling part. Not Paypal. Paypal has the same tiered setup, but it's harder to get that USA person.

I went thru a massive fight with eBay and Paypal a few years back, where we ended up in court a dozen times. I sold a rare comic that was cgc graded for tens of thousands of dollars due to not working at the time. Needed the money for bills and mortgage and whatnot. Was my prized possession so I was torn about it to start. Well after I sold it, this like 10-12 years ago now and things where a lot different then, the buyer contacted paypal ( this was before eBay owned paypal if I recall correct) and filed a complaint . Like days after. Obviously no way it would have made it at this point. Well anyway, I provided tracking to paypal but they froze the funds anyway. Well few days later item arrives and buyer then contacts paypal and says its a knockoff/counterfeit. This is a cgc comic mind u. Which has a bar code to verify its legit. Well the paypal policy on counterfeit goods is that if it's determined to be fake the buyer destruos it, provided proof it's destroyed, and gets money back. So the investigator looks at a blurry image provided by buyer, of what is some German copy of same comic reprinted, and tells the seller to destroy it and provide photo of destroyed comic. At this point all I know is there is an open case though. So seller provides photo of paper waste after a shredder was used. Can't tell what was shredded and obviously no cgc slab ever goes thru some shredder. So I get a message from Paypal stating case rules in buyers favor and they provide the two photos and close case. Funds returned.

I'm instantly livid and calling paypal and eBay and a lawyer. I ask the normal questions u would given everything but get the run around. Eventually I end up suing both eBay and Paypal, and the buyer. The documents and statements and affidavits eventually show that the person who ruled the comic fake had no knowledge of comics, and had in fact never seen one in person she could remember. She ruled it a fake because she couldn't believe a comic could ever be worth more then a few dollars and thought it had to be a scam. And she had no boss that had to approve the ruling. She was 18. Well it turned out to be moot, as the buyer "destroyed" the comic after getting guidance based on policy. So the court rules in favor of eBay/paypal/seller but tells them they need to fix the policy and procedures. I appeal. This is taken four years to that point. After another 10-12 months I'm about to loose my appeal, when the idiot buyer lists the comic on eBay (under a new account) for sale. Still in the same cgc slab. I dig out my reciept from CGC since I was the one that initially had it graded, and the photos from the auction, and some screen grabs and the sellers sworn affidavits. Call my lawyer who calls his DA friend where this numb nuts is from and he gets arrested. I eventually got the comic back but if he had takin it out the original slab or not been an idiot I would never have gotten anything. So both buyers and sellers need to document and be aware.

Actually, FYI for anyone that cares-

All initial eBay complaints are outsourced and policy is that if a tracking number is provided to automatically rule in the sellers favor. Also all initially calls are outsourced. But if you ask to speak to a manager/supervisor, or file a complaint about the initial "investigators", those are all handled by actual eBay employees in the USA. Which means they have to actually investigate and handle things according to USA law, as they can not claim they are overseas, or didn't know, or didn't understand because of language barrier, which they uses as a legal tactic. And you need to go thru eBay for this calling part. Not Paypal. Paypal has the same tiered setup, but it's harder to get that USA person.

I went thru a massive fight with eBay and Paypal a few years back, where we ended up in court a dozen times. I sold a rare comic that was cgc graded for tens of thousands of dollars due to not working at the time. Needed the money for bills and mortgage and whatnot. Was my prized possession so I was torn about it to start. Well after I sold it, this like 10-12 years ago now and things where a lot different then, the buyer contacted paypal ( this was before eBay owned paypal if I recall correct) and filed a complaint . Like days after. Obviously no way it would have made it at this point. Well anyway, I provided tracking to paypal but they froze the funds anyway. Well few days later item arrives and buyer then contacts paypal and says its a knockoff/counterfeit. This is a cgc comic mind u. Which has a bar code to verify its legit. Well the paypal policy on counterfeit goods is that if it's determined to be fake the buyer destruos it, provided proof it's destroyed, and gets money back. So the investigator looks at a blurry image provided by buyer, of what is some German copy of same comic reprinted, and tells the seller to destroy it and provide photo of destroyed comic. At this point all I know is there is an open case though. So seller provides photo of paper waste after a shredder was used. Can't tell what was shredded and obviously no cgc slab ever goes thru some shredder. So I get a message from Paypal stating case rules in buyers favor and they provide the two photos and close case. Funds returned.

I'm instantly livid and calling paypal and eBay and a lawyer. I ask the normal questions u would given everything but get the run around. Eventually I end up suing both eBay and Paypal, and the buyer. The documents and statements and affidavits eventually show that the person who ruled the comic fake had no knowledge of comics, and had in fact never seen one in person she could remember. She ruled it a fake because she couldn't believe a comic could ever be worth more then a few dollars and thought it had to be a scam. And she had no boss that had to approve the ruling. She was 18. Well it turned out to be moot, as the buyer "destroyed" the comic after getting guidance based on policy. So the court rules in favor of eBay/paypal/seller but tells them they need to fix the policy and procedures. I appeal. This is taken four years to that point. After another 10-12 months I'm about to loose my appeal, when the idiot buyer lists the comic on eBay (under a new account) for sale. Still in the same cgc slab. I dig out my reciept from CGC since I was the one that initially had it graded, and the photos from the auction, and some screen grabs and the sellers sworn affidavits. Call my lawyer who calls his DA friend where this numb nuts is from and he gets arrested. I eventually got the comic back but if he had takin it out the original slab or not been an idiot I would never have gotten anything. So both buyers and sellers need to document and be aware.

Wow!!

Awesome story with a happy ending.

I had a user try to scam me after some previous successful transactions (Through Yahoo auctions)

I called the seller's local police station, explained I was in the Army, and this guy was trying to Con me of some merchandise. An officer went to his house and I got a phone call back from the seller himself and his voice was quivering as the officer stood present lol

Wow!!

Awesome story with a happy ending.

I had a user try to scam me after some previous successful transactions (Through Yahoo auctions)

I called the seller's local police station, explained I was in the Army, and this guy was trying to Con me of some merchandise. An officer went to his house and I got a phone call back from the seller himself and his voice was quivering as the officer stood present lol

That's hilarious.

Anyone ever have this situation happen? I am in the midst of having to sell something to someone with a feedback of 1 and they contacted me numerous times asking me to sell it to them. I placed it up on ebay only to have it sell to them. They pay, however are asking me to send to a different name and address that is listed. I tell them I can not as I will not be covered by ebay. The thing that scares me is I send it signature confirmation and they get the item, only to open a case that it is not what it is supposed to be, then ship a piece of junk back. I will be out the item and the money.

I feel my spidey sense tingling. I might back out to be safe. Any information or help appreciated.

Anyone ever have this situation happen? I am in the midst of having to sell something to someone with a feedback of 1 and they contacted me numerous times asking me to sell it to them. I placed it up on ebay only to have it sell to them. They pay, however are asking me to send to a different name and address that is listed. I tell them I can not as I will not be covered by ebay. The thing that scares me is I send it signature confirmation and they get the item, only to open a case that it is not what it is supposed to be, then ship a piece of junk back. I will be out the item and the money.

I feel my spidey sense tingling. I might back out to be safe. Any information or help appreciated.

There's a boardie on here that want to buy my stuff. He's from Thailand and wamted me to ship the statue to another address in the US. My spidey sense was tingling when he sent me the first pm regarding the item. The first thing I reply back was " I only ship to the address that's on oaypal and it has to be a confirm address " he send pm all sort of pm and I just blew him off. I'm not taking any chances.

I am probably going to cancel the transaction. His ebay name looks like a bunch of random numbers and letters. Gave me a said tale that he was a vet and wanted it.

Some guy on this forum try to buy my Capatain America PF. He's from Thailand and wanted my to ship the statue to a US address. I just blew him off.

Some guy on this forum try to buy my Capatain America PF. He's from Thailand and wanted my to ship the statue to a US address. I just blew him off.

Well, that is not necessarily a scam... there are many companies in the US that receives packages to send to the overseas buyers, when the sellers can't (or don't want to) send it by themselves. It's very common to use it on websites like Bestbuy, Target, and other stores that don't ship to most countries. Actually, it's quite similar to the Global Shipping Program Ebay just developed.

At some point god people get scammed. I also purchased an item "Robocop Figure" The seller built up his score by seller small items. To make a long story short he sent me a package from China which contained a Hello Kitty Cell Phone cover. I had paid by paypal with a credit card as I knew ebay would side with him as "It showed delivered". I had saved the original packaging and filed a claim with the credit card company for fraud. The seller had the &*&^ to reply to my credit card company with the delivery confirmation printout. That irked me more so I went to the USPS and filed a mail fraud case against him. I guess what I want to put out there is. Check what the seller is selling. If he sells a lot of small price items to build up his score beware. If the seller has only been selling a short time beware. Check the order details to ensure your package is being sent to a good address. If you et a small fist class package from China with a Hello Kitty cell Phone cover get pissed but save the package as it will have the tracking number on it. Pay with credit card to add an extra level of security as ebay only cares that the package was delivered. Finally follow thru and file a mail fraud case against the AH so that they will think twice about ripping someone else off.

Back