Lone Survivor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty excited to see this movie, it just kinda sucks the title kinda spoils it abit.

"I don't go home, you don't go home" That line's been stuck in my head for weeks.

Debating about seeing this or 'American Hustle' tomorrow night. I think it's going to come down to my mood at the time of ticket purchase. One sounds gripping and intense. The other...is the 70s and there's a really tight perm - with curlers included in the package! - on Cooper and that's rad, and that's gotta count for something.

Probably one of the dumbest movie ive seen in a while.
Horribly shot, hardly played, over the top stupid violence.
I almost choke myself several times about how cheesy it was.
Inspired by a true story ok but seriously the tone was ****ed up.
It does contain the funniest scene ever, several peoples falling off cliffs non stop edited like in a never ending skit.
I have the upmost respect fr soldiers doing their job right but this badly played, directed movie is not the Best hommage.
The movie pulls every tricks in the hollywod book to get some cheap cries, and sexy cool action sequences.
Movie should had a less stupid and flashy director.

Last edited:
It does contain the funniest scene ever, several peoples falling off cliffs non stop edited like in a never ending skit.
I have the upmost respect fr soldiers doing their job right but this badly played, directed movie is not the Best hommage.
The movie pulls every tricks in the hollywod book to get some cheap cries, and sexy cool action sequences.

An interesting take.

I went and saw this with someone who has read the book and researched Operation Red Wings heavily and said he found there to be very few Hollywood "liberties" in the movie. He named Dietz living after being shot in the neck as one. I'm curious how it was horribly shot and what does "hardly played" even mean? Over the top violence? Reality maybe..each guy was shot around 10 times or more, except Marcus. Each death depicted with realism in the way their bodies were found. You do realize they really jumped of cliffs and off mountain sides 4 times not only twice as depicted in the movie. Not really funny...but I dare you to try and tell me how it feels. And the editing in that scene..you could feel every bone breaking. So great. I chalk your comments up to being hilariously misinformed. Read the book. I plan too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Red_Wings

Last edited:
I know people would use the "this is real" card...
Like i said i dont question the real story, but the way it was portrayed.
The fall was just ridiculously staged to me, the ultra cut editing, the sound design felt out of a comedy.
You can show violent acts without being over the top.
Peter Berg liked cool **** he likes to make sexy flicks.
The film lacks class to me, it ´s shot and acted like any other fictional entertaining war movies.
Shouldnt have been done that way. Something more sober , with less "ths is how you must feel" music for exemple.
I discovered only at the end that it was a "true" story, it does not change the fact that its a bad movie for me.
Black Hawk Down felt more clinical, real and its a Ridley Scott movie lol one of the most visual director.
Come on ending the movie on an indie cover of Heroes to get everyone tear eyed.. Just cheap...
I feel no sincerity coming from that director.
Im usually very kind with these movies but here i felt insulted by all the Hollywood trickery.
Also i love how the real guys were ordinary looking guys being turned into buffed jocks in the movie...
That not showing respect to me... And the integrity behind the project.
Im not insulting or mocking the event, im saying its a bad movie, real story or not dont matter to me.
Glad for those who liked it tho :)

*I meant badly played.

Last edited:

The fall was just ridiculously staged to me, the ultra cut editing, the sound design felt out of a comedy.
The film lacks class to me, it ´s shot and acted like any other fictional entertaining war movies.
Shouldnt have been done that way. Something more sober , with less "ths is how you must feel" music for exemple.
I discovered only at the end that it was a "true" story, it does not change the fact that its a bad movie for me.
Black Hawk Down felt more clinical, real and its a Ridley Scott movie lol one of the most visual director.
Come on ending the movie on an indie cover of Heroes to get everyone tear eyed.. Just cheap...
Im usually very kind with these movies but here i felt insulted by all the Hollywood trickery.
Also i love how the real guys were ordinary looking guys being turned into buffed jocks in the movie...
Im not insulting or mocking the event, im saying its a bad movie, real story or not dont matter to me.

*I meant badly played.

Well I could not disagree more with about every single thing you said. It's like we did not see the same film. Everything you said was wrong (from my view). Perhaps you laughed at the men falling down the hill. I though it was brutal. I have no clue what you are talking about when you refer to the sound design. Sorry you did not enjoy it.

Almost cheapens it to call it a movie. This was the best story I have seen on film in a long time. I never cry watching films but I had to fight back the tears in this one more then once. Even though I knew about some of the thing going on before they happened, I was still on the edge of my seat praying for people that I knew were not going to make it.

Nuka - I also had a friend who read the book that went with me. He said the same thing your friend said. Pretty straight story telling with a few changes. He said the biggest changes seem to come at the end (won't say what they were). Overall 10 out of 10.

Last edited:

*I meant badly played.

i find your assessments FUNNY. i wont even consider the action scenes over the top.
the fall scenes were teeth cringing and not funny at all.

i did find Lt. Murphy's death scene overly dramatic.

An interesting take.

I went and saw this with someone who has read the book and researched Operation Red Wings heavily and said he found there to be very few Hollywood "liberties" in the movie. He named Dietz living after being shot in the neck as one. I'm curious how it was horribly shot and what does "hardly played" even mean? Over the top violence? Reality maybe..each guy was shot around 10 times or more, except Marcus. Each death depicted with realism in the way their bodies were found. You do realize they really jumped of cliffs and off mountain sides 4 times not only twice as depicted in the movie. Not really funny...but I dare you to try and tell me how it feels. And the editing in that scene..you could feel every bone breaking. So great. I chalk your comments up to being hilariously misinformed. Read the book. I plan too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Red_Wings

Best to chalk it up to hating the subject matter or, more likely, the protagonists. :lecture

Back