Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The soosoo looks like it's 90% there. I like the different expression but I'm probably with the 2 eleven's I have at this point.

edit. Looking again the nose is too big, that's what it is to me.

Yes, I'*d be interested in seeing that too. Don't know why they didn't add any grey. Maybe they didn't see the movie [emoji38]
Maybe Eleven is trying to sell a second version of the Vimal sculpt with more grey added into the beard. Keyboard Warriors mentioned Eleven added better or different painting techniques to the sculpt that came with their recent figure set. I was wondering if they used the new technique on the Vimal sculpt. I'm not sure if they did or not.

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

Maybe Eleven is trying to sell a second version of the Vimal sculpt with more grey added into the beard. Keyboard Warriors mentioned Eleven added better or different painting techniques to the sculpt that came with their recent figure set. I was wondering if they used the new technique on the Vimal sculpt. I'm not sure if they did or not.

I think better painting techniques (or an "evolution" I believe they used) was mainly referring to the skin tones etc. That's the difficult stuff. Adding some grey to the hair is more or less dry brushing, so no ground breaking techniques there I'd say. I'd even potentially try that myself.

I think better painting techniques (or an "evolution" I believe they used) was mainly referring to the skin tones etc. That's the difficult stuff. Adding some grey to the hair is more or less dry brushing, so no ground breaking techniques there I'd say. I'd even potentially try that myself.
I didnt know that. When I saw the 2nd version of their first Logan sculpt, I saw a difference in the look of the beard. The skin tone probably improved but the new look of the beard caught my eye more. It couldve been just the lighting in their vid that made the beard look better idk.

Hey guys here are some bad iPhone pics since I had a couple requests to see the gray. I did it very subtly and only in the beard I think the rest was correct.

Also I mentioned I’m extremely anti gang hood body. My Logan is on a the Wolverine body with the gang hood jeans (tailored) and pop toys shirt and jacket which is far superior.

Also shown how the X24 looks so much better, clothes included on the wolverine hot toy body.

I hope to replace the x24 ganghood body (with snowtrooper leg fat padding) which is a bit better because of the Hairy/ longer forearms on this end scene Logan with one of the new seamless bodies coming out.

C4AA082B-2FCF-4532-8344-5F96C5A1896E.jpeg61C55830-0D0B-414D-895E-9DCD618B2EC0.jpegBAE36B81-0863-498D-B462-AEC8BA5A1AE8.jpegBF330C9E-2832-4D8F-A10F-4167A9FF0B3D.jpeg013067E7-E81F-49AC-AB59-8CEE9ED4766E.jpegAFE78032-C3FF-4E3B-A61B-D2092F8EE819.jpeg

Attachments

• 49FEC9D7-A489-4B59-B717-B00E1769E4CE.jpg
    49FEC9D7-A489-4B59-B717-B00E1769E4CE.jpg
    818.8 KB · Views: 193
Thanks Raymond. I think a bit of grey certainly does help.
I think Keyboardwarriors mentioned that on the Vimal sculpt the new painting technique was used. Since I have the first Logan sculpt from Eleven, I could tell the difference now. After you mentioned that it was mainly the skin tone that changed I took a closer look and the skin tone looks more realistic and has less of a red color to it

The sculpt goes so well with that black suit. Did you use the hot toys Wolverine body? That really looks like a hot toys figure now. Thanks for the pics☺

Thanks! Yes he is on the “The Wolverine” body.

As far as paint goes there is more refinement and small detail in the freckling and the eyes are cleaner and glossier.

The skin is indeed more yellow and less magenta but I prefer the skin tone of the original eleven, it looks more consistent to hot toys figures.

I think the newer paint better shows off the sickness Logan has in the film. Not quite jaundiced but it gives that feeling something is off about this guy. I guess the original is shows off more of the boozing:lol

This is the cigar oldman figure body and outfit from eleven which utilizes a practically identical ganghood body that x24 did. I have customized the body and shirt with film accurate battle damage (from halfway though the final battle). The Vimal eleven head fits perfectly. Here’s a couple more pics.

Logan had that look when he first encountered X 24 at the house. I like it. I want to use the Vimal sculpt to make a 2nd figure of Logan that looks exactly like that if Eleven releases their Logan body.

Logan had that look when he first encountered X 24 at the house. I like it. I want to use the Vimal sculpt to make a 2nd figure of Logan that looks exactly like that if Eleven releases their Logan body.

Yeah I’m anxiously waiting to see if there’s a new body released or what the deal is. I also think this body and outfit works pretty well for either the final battle or the farmhouse fight but I made the battle damage specific to screencaps to the final fight. Other than that I think it can be fudged pretty well.

Thanks! Yes he is on the “The Wolverine” body.

As far as paint goes there is more refinement and small detail in the freckling and the eyes are cleaner and glossier.

The skin is indeed more yellow and less magenta but I prefer the skin tone of the original eleven, it looks more consistent to hot toys figures.
Yup. I can see the improvements in the areas you mentioned. I'm really happy with my purchase. I prefer the Vimal over Eleven's first Logan sculpt.

Ok thanks. There were some Youtube reviews describing it more as an off-white or light gray, but in all the pics I've seen it definitely looked white. Unless maybe different batches were made in a different shade or something.

You can always dye it. Just put it in some coffee and you'll be fine.

I really hope the Vimal sculpt will be available a little longer. The wife's driving skills set me back an unexpected 4k. Not much left for collectibles for now.

Back