Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the bloody claws version which seem based on the earlier claws. I've seen some claws on eBay that look more angled and mansgold like. However the claws flatten as the curve down and I think become sharp again at the point. Keep ups posted on the JX claws as I would love a better pair

Simplehappylife from eBay's suit is not screen accurate, it only have 3 buttons on the cuffs and as far I know every suit gives you a silver belt buckle when it should be a square brass buckle

It was at Japan. It was for cosbabies?

I asked Jingobell if they are making cosbabies and they aren't. He made some artwork after the initial movie release but it was just artwork... nothing more.

Logan 01.JPG

Logan 02.JPG

Logan 03.JPG

It seems the JX claws are the best route right now. I'll have mine in on Monday/Tuesday and I can give you guys some details on them then.

From my understanding, the claws are not Manigold accurate, but they are to other films like DOFP. The Manigold accurate claws come mounted on right ****e looking hands, at least from the eBay imagery. So you'll have to pick between the two in that regard.

ahhh thks!
i see wht your sayin on the manigold vs other style claws and how the mani ones do look all jacked up on bay, either too thick/too big or connect to hand is shoddy. in lookin at the HT's DOFP and The Wolverine figs they do not have the manigold style claw, so the bootleg JX and others are based on that shape. yeah? assuming so. i cant tell in the movie Logan stills if they are mani or DOFP/The Wolv style. wish i owned the bluray to have a look.

yes pls do post reaction/review of your JX set comin. :) will wait to see wht you think of those before i make a move.

the JX ones you have comin, via bay?

Simplehappylife from eBay's suit is not screen accurate, it only have 3 buttons on the cuffs and as far I know every suit gives you a silver belt buckle when it should be a square brass buckle

thks. glad i went the Kit route i think.

Can anyone recommend a good blue denim shirt? The MC toys one isn't accurate for a 'Charles burial' custom. The upcoming Burning Soul/MC toys team up doesn't really do it for me at that price either. Thanks

No problem, glad I could help. I've been working on my Logan for a while; I'm relatively new to the hobby and had hoped that the community would be more constructive. Unfortunately It often feels like a sink or swim mentality. I haven't gotten my ganghood body or suit, but based on the 2 photos they provided and contacting kit. the jacket is correct - a 4 button cuffed english vented blazer.

other then that I won't know till it arrives other then for that the belt should be brass and not silver.

ahhh thks!
i see wht your sayin on the manigold vs other style claws and how the mani ones do look all jacked up on bay, either too thick/too big or connect to hand is shoddy. in lookin at the HT's DOFP and The Wolverine figs they do not have the manigold style claw, so the bootleg JX and others are based on that shape. yeah? assuming so. i cant tell in the movie Logan stills if they are mani or DOFP/The Wolv style. wish i owned the bluray to have a look.

yes pls do post reaction/review of your JX set comin. :) will wait to see wht you think of those before i make a move.

the JX ones you have comin, via bay?

thks. glad i went the Kit route i think.
Yeah man, that's exactly it. The hands themselves are just cruddy on the Manigold style claws, but you get nicer hands on the DOFP styled claws. So accurate, slightly angular blades, aren't happening unless you cobble the two together. Fingers crossed, if all goes well, I'll take the drop in accuracy if the overall presentation is better in the JX claws.
Can anyone recommend a good blue denim shirt? The MC toys one isn't accurate for a 'Charles burial' custom. The upcoming Burning Soul/MC toys team up doesn't really do it for me at that price either. Thanks
I think @Mr.E is going to be the guy to point you in the right direction. But it'll take work, he dyed his if I remember right.

I like accuracy, but I'm not a stickler, so I may have missed this with the shirt: why is the MC shirt inaccurate? It should be the same shirt as the hotel, just weathered and with the sleeves rolled, both are things that are pretty easy to do. At least I think.

The blue MC shirt only has one breast pocket and its not flapped; the shirt is supposed to have to flapped breast pockets. The one shown by Burning Soul in their next (and first) full figure release in conjunction with MC Toys appears to have the accurate pockets. However, the color is wrong. The shirt is more a chambray blue than the light blue closer to a dress shirt hue.

I found a couple loose German-style WWII officer shirts with the right kind of pockets, did a few mods here and there as well as dyeing and aging the fabric itself. It all really comes down to personal preference in regards to how accurate you want to be. Personally, I try to get them as close as screen-accurate as possible, but that's just me.

ALSO, I received the Ganghood suit set the other day. Its a decent set in-hand. As per usual, bad futzing and lackluster photography made this set look rather unimpressive. The suit jacket fits TTM19-style bodies, which is a much better body for Logan. The pants are wrong, but if you're not a stickler for details this won't bother you. The boots are great and I wish these were made available on their own. I would definitely pick up a few pairs. Overall, the set could use some TLC and some relatively easy mods and it would really shine. Like I said before, this isn't a bad set for "one-stop shoppers" who don't feel like hunting down parts (that's half the fun).

I just can't get on board with the ganghood body being the perfect body for Logan. It isn't. The build is wrong for him and works better for bulkier characters (Like Arnie).

ALSO in regards to some members not feeling "welcomed" or encountering perceived hostility, here's my take on it. Many if not all of the questions new members are asking have been answered before. The information is all there for the taking. Go through the thread. Don't be lazy. Read. If you want something, go get it. Don't expect every piece of information or resource to be delivered to you on a silver platter. It gets old. Although I must sound like a dinosaur or a cynical grouch in this on-demand, instant gratification world we're currently "living" in, I don't particularly care. Cheers.

Oh, and one more thing: Learn to write complete sentences that actually make sense.

Last edited:

I know. Don't really care to go through a bunch of custom parts, so I'd love to get an official Logan in one fell swoop and be done with it.

Maybe the truth is that they really aren't licensing Logan. I haven't even seen a single poster, T-shirt, or Pop figure for it. Nothin'.

So, I've finally put my Logan together... (bought all the pieces from Ebay seller "simplehappylife", seller is legit, even got the comic with the sculpt)
I'm pretty happy with the results...
But is was a bit concerned with the knees on then ganghood 1.0 body....
To anybody's who might have a gang hood bodydo ,do the legs- knees feel kinda loose on yours?
The knees-legs on mine feel delicate, not very sturdy

IMG_4315.jpg

That looks great man. The outfit seems to fit perfectly. I can't wait to get mine!

No problem, glad I could help. I've been working on my Logan for a while; I'm relatively new to the hobby and had hoped that the community would be more constructive. Unfortunately It often feels like a sink or swim mentality.

It's not a sink or swim mentality. I can see how you'd think that. And yes, you're going to run into members that aren't as helpful as others. But what do you expect? In all fairness, short of having an official figure made by a company like Hot Toys, I don't know what kind of constructive responses your looking for. And I take offense as I've tried to be thoughtful in all my responses to your concerns. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Yet it seems like you're looking for a "perfect" or "end all be all" bash when it comes to putting this figure together. It's really not going to happen bub. There are a lot of quality Logan bashes on this thread to reference but like I said before, it's all going to depend on what you're ultimately happy with.

If you eventually put together a bash that looks great you can share it here. And guaranteed, there are going to be members who will ask you questions as well. But on that flip side, it really get's old when people ask the same questions and ignore your responses.

Anyway, cheers! Hope you're having some fun at least.

YESSSS!!!!! Great fit! :clap

The shoes from that gang hood set are the most accurate I've seen. Can't wait to get mine. Should arrive from Kit in the next few days.

Yeah, I love the boots from that set. I want more! That's not actually the ganghood suit though. That's a ToysCity suit coat, RedMan shirt and jeans on the WorldBox "Haired" TTM19-style body.

Yeah, I love the boots from that set. I want more! That's not actually the ganghood suit though. That's a ToysCity suit coat, RedMan shirt and jeans on the WorldBox "Haired" TTM19-style body.

Awesome!

Yeah, I might have to just pull the trigger on the hairy version. I've been looking on eBay for the ttm19 worldbox equivalent, but the only ones available at this point is the hairy version, black male, and Zombie Shane.

Back