Lifesize han in carbonite 1:1 illusive concepts review and gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got my Toyrocket Han last week, and the front Han part is perfectly accurate. It's just a shame that it came with several cracks mostly along the top of the piece and is also made of a very thin material. If it wasn't for the damage, I probably would've been happy enough with the piece. The good news is I'll be getting a refund and am going to try and get an illusive one, hopefully for not so absurd a price.

Not so bad from afar:
IMG_4924.jpg

Let's take a closer look:
:monkey4

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

The damage probably happened during shipping, as it was shipped ups ground in a box filled with foam peanuts and plenty of room to shift around. But good news! I got an illusive one coming from ebay for not so bad a price compared to others I've seen listed. It does have a small scratch on the bottom left corner but is nothing I can't live with. This one will be crated and will hopefully arrive safe and sound.

Oh man what a mess. I can't believe that they packed it like that. Well Congrats on your find (illusive) on ebay though!

I got a fan-made Admiral Ackbar bust from Toy Rocket a while back and it also arrived damaged. They don't seem to be very good at shipping large fragile items. But at least you're getting your money back.

I got it for just under $3400 including the crazy shipping costs. Maybe not the best deal but certainly the best I'd seen after looking around for a while. It definitely means I'm going to be taking a break from collecting any high price tag pieces, at least for a little while. It's the most I've ever spent on a collectible, but it's a grail piece for me and I couldn't pass it up any longer.

Awesome, i think you will be more satisfied with it in the long run. Btw, have any of you looked at the virtual tour of Michael Jackson's Juliens Auction virtual walkthrough of his arcade? He had this piece in his collection at Neverland. Its in the virtual tour along with several other illusive concepts pieces like the yoda and darth vader revealed and the Boba Fett life sized. He even had the Don Post r2d2 and c3p0. Kinda cool to know there are only about 1500 of this piece since they finished making them. I think if this was more widely known the value would go up even more.

Finally got my Illusive Han yesterday! This thing is really great. Much better than the one I returned. From now on, I'll think twice before buying fan made when there's an officially licensed product out.

:rock

IMG_5499.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

I know a few of you have been asking for these for a while so here ya go! All the documentation that comes with the Illusive Concepts Han Solo in Carbonite!

scan2-1.jpg

scan3-1.jpg

scan4-1.jpg

scan5-1.jpg

scan9-1.jpg

scan8-1.jpg

scan10-1.jpg

scan11-1.jpg

scan6-1.jpg

Last edited:
I recently contacted lightwave000 concerning my story of how I obtained the Illusive Originals Han Solo in Carbonite and he asked if I would post my story here.

As you know, the original trilogy returned to the big screen in 1997 in the form of the Special Editions. During that time Taco Bell had various promotions for the re-release. You could get various toys by purchasing kid's meals, win food or other items from the Feel the Force tabs found on the soft drink cups, or you could take part in the Intergalactic Draw for the chance to win high-end Star Wars collectibles. 1st prize was a lifesize Darth Vader, 2nd prize was a lifesize Stormtrooper, 3rd prize was the Han Solo in Carbonite, 4th prize was a studio scale model of an X-Wing, and various other prizes.

My best friend from high school and I decided to take a chance with the Intergalactic Draw. We both grabbed 5-10 of the mail-in forms from Taco Bell. I went home that evening and filled out each of mine and placed each in its own envelope. For 2 weeks, I stopped by the local post office each day to mail one form as only 1 could be postmarked per day. 2-3 months went by and I was approaching high school graduation and then preparation to leave for college so the Intergalactic Draw left my mind.

Then in the middle of May 1997 I received a letter in the mail stating that I had won the Han Solo in Carbonite. I was ecstatic as I had long been a Star Wars fan and the Carbon Freeze Chamber scene had always been one of my favorites. I had the micro collections Bespin Freeze Chamber playset as a kid and always enjoyed playing with it.

Shortly thereafter I received a packet of papers in the mail with numerous forms to fill out and to be notarized. About a month went by and the day for Han to arrive finally came. It was the middle of July 1997 and the delivery truck arrived. The driver with the help of my dad and I unloaded the large box and laid it in the garage. My dad and I unpacked it and carried it into my bedroom where Han resided during my college years.

My Han is #495. It came with the Certificate of Authenticity but all of the other pamphlets and paperwork which lightwave000 recently posted were not in the box. I assume the folks at Taco Bell had probably taken Han out of the box to take pictures for promotional purposes and may have thrown those items away in the process. On another note, if I recall correctly there was a Taco Bell commercial which aired in early 1997 promoting the Intergalactic Draw. I believe the lifesize Darth Vader was shown in the commercial but I don't remember if the Han in Carbonite was in it. If it was I am interested in tracking down a video of the commercial as my Han would likely be the one shown in the commercial.

Below are a few pictures of my Han in Carbonite. I plan to post some scans in the near future of the paperwork I received from Taco Bell when I won. Enjoy.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This was part of the paperwork Taco Bell sent. Note the misspelling of Han's name.

picture.php

Last edited:
Back