Let the speculation begin...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very excited!!! SS is doing another great thing to keep my LOTR collection going strong and keeping my LOTR dollars. :D

Disappointed on Christmas morning...blah. Definitely not what I was hoping for. At one time, I collected LOTR, but I pretty much sold it all with the exception of a lone Eowyn figure, and I have no interest whatsoever in these even though I'm sure they will be good.

Guess I'll have to give up my dream of getting 12 inch Harry Potter figures. Oh well, at least Majestic made my first dream come true with Dark Shadows figures.

At least I'll have the few hundred dollars I likely would've spent on HP line.

Last edited:
I'm so happy because of 12" LOTR!!!:wacky I couldn't afford PF and wanted LOTR very much!!Now I can have it:joy :joy :joy

Well, not what I was hoping for either. I guess it falls under a new license, but with all the other LOTR stuff that Sideshow has done, any LOTR just doesn't seem like a new license. I guess there may be some kitbashability built in but its just not what was on my Christmas wish list.
Congrats to you rings fans!!
Betcha a Giles announcement would have brought holiday cheer to plenty of folk though.

Kind of makes you think that SS really does like the LOTR fans out there and they know that they will sell like hotcakes! But, to do them all? Oh dear! Do we want dollies? Or do we want the PF? Both? Oh, my poor CC! It is really nice to know that SS appreciates the Ringers this much though! Thank you SS!

Ironman1188 said:
I guess it falls under a new license, but with all the other LOTR stuff that Sideshow has done, any LOTR just doesn't seem like a new license.

I don't think of it as a new liscense, either, and that's what I was hoping for. It's like Angel in a way - an extension of an already existing line. Angel didn't surprise or excite me because it's basically Buffy part 2 and I expected it. LOTR...I was just hoping for something new, something that hasn't been made in 1/6th scale yet.

Harry Potter was my major hope, but I could think of other lines I would've liked to have seen this turn out to be over LOTR as well (Pirates of the Caribbean, to name one).

I'm just thankful Majestic is giving me my Dark Shadows figures. I never thought I would get those in 1/6th scale.

With the level of hype Sideshow w as giving it, I knew it had to be 1/6 LOTR. I'd probably be excited for this if the Angel line hadn't been anounced. I might pick up a Gandalf the Gray though.

I'm very excited about this - I've bought all the Toybiz and DiD LotR 12" and this goes with the Star Wars and Buffy 12" as the most interesting stuff SSC is doing.

And as much as I love Harry Potter, there are really only about 10 characters that I'd be interested in as 12". But LotR is almost as rich with visually interesting characters as Star Wars.

Back