Let the speculation begin...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bluesparrow said:
Any of those three would be fantastic news imo. Not sure which I'd prefer... given one figure it'd be Indiana, no doubt, but I'd probably buy more LOTR figures. Harry Potter I'd just get the three main kids and Snape.

With Harry Potter I would get Snape (one of my most wanted in 6th scale), the main trio, Dumbledore, Sirius Black, Lupin, and some of the other kids like Luna Lovegood, Ginny Weasley, Draco Malfoy, Tom Riddle - and a Voldemort as how he appeared in Goblet would be cool. I really hope they do HP some day. It would be one of the few lines that I would get most of the figures.

I don't want to get my hopes over this announcement. It would be a great Christmas present from SS if I found out they were doing Harry Potter though. I think it could be Indy, but I'm not expecting LOTR 1/6th.

indy

I'm hoping for the Indy 12" line, the whole reason I got into collecting/custom 1/6 scale figures in the first place. As for numbers of figures in the line there would be plenty.
Indiana Jones (from each film as the outfit is a bit different in each.)
Indiana Jones in german disquise
Professor Jones
Dr. Henry Jones (Connery)
Young Indy
Marion Ravenwood (in white dress)
Marion (in Raven bar outfit)
Marion (in Streets of Cairo outfit)
Willie Scott
Short Round
Ilsa
Sallah
Marcus
Belloq
Jock and Reggie
Cairo Swordsman
German Mechanic
Lao Che
Chattar Lau
Captain Katanga
Hovitos warrior
Deitrich
Mola Ram
Grail Knight
German solder
a few, just of the top of my head.

Thanks a lot, Murder! Now you've got my imagination working, and if it's not Indy, I'm gonna be disappointed! Of course, I am running out of space to display stuff, so I was actually a little relieved when I saw the Angel announcement and thought that was the new license (because I wouldn't buy any of those). If it's a third LOTR license I can pass, and I could probably pass as well on Harry Potter. But Indy...

There's absolutely no reason to think it's Indy. Given that everything else in the list is a new line from an existing license I think it will be more of the same.

Not that I wouldn't love to see an Indy line...but don't get your hopes up.

I wouldn't mind an Indy line but I would love to see a LOTR diorama line or another LOTR statue line.:D

Darklord Dave said:
Given that everything else in the list is a new line from an existing license I think it will be more of the same.

I think that's likely, but I hope not. That would leave it to be something like LOTR 12 inch figures or Marvel 12 inch figures.

Now that I think about it, Indy doesn't seem all that likely, because I don't think it would be a major enough line. When compared to LOTR and SW, I don't think it would offer enough popular characters. Indy's popular, yes, but I don't see it as on the same level as LOTR and SW.

I see no reason the new announcement has to be from an existing line. I know Sideshow in the past has announced major new licenses at Toy Fair and Comic Con but It's possible they'll break away from that tradition.
Raiders of the Lost Ark does have it's 25th anniversary next year, and Sideshow has a better relationship with Lucas Film, so I think Indiana Jones in 1/6 or 1/4 is a possibility.
But LOTR or Marvel 1/6 figures would be as equally desired to be the new announcement for me.
I just hope it's in 1/6.

screamingmetal said:
Raiders of the Lost Ark does have it's 25th anniversary next year, and Sideshow has a better relationship with Lucas Film, so I think Indiana Jones in 1/6 or 1/4 is a possibility.

I just hope it's in 1/6.

And lest we forget Star Trek's 40th next year.....

Ironman1188 said:
And lest we forget Star Trek's 40th next year.....
Hey, Sideshow Star Trek 12" figures would be great as well!
I just wouldn't expect them until the 50th the Anniversary. :acme

I forgot all about Star Trek. It never even crossed my mind. Then again, I'm a casual fan of the original series, but I'm not a fan of much of anything else to do with Trek.

3 more days...the suspense is killing me. Did they push it back a day? It seems like I remember thinking it was going to be announced Christmas Eve.

According to the latest newsletter -

Check back with us this weekend as our cyber gift unwraps to reveal Sideshow's newest 12 inch figure line!

Now wasn't the package supposed to unwrap on Friday? Now it's not until Xmas (or Dec. 25).

I remeber reading somewhere that Toybiz no longer has the LOTR license so my guess would be 1/6 LOTR.

Well the bottum word seems to spell Figures so that would make sense. The starting letter looks to be an L. It almost reads as Lost....

Back