Let The Right One In

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all the hype I rented this movie this morning. Although good it was far from "the best vampire movie ever". The movie had scenes and subject matter that no US movie would touch. I'm still trying to figure out the relationship between Eli and the old man. I'd like to read the book if I can find it.

I've been dying to see this! I went to blockbuster but they were all out. I'm going to call and see if it's in and if it is I'm gonna go get it.

After all the hype I rented this movie this morning. Although good it was far from "the best vampire movie ever". The movie had scenes and subject matter that no US movie would touch. I'm still trying to figure out the relationship between Eli and the old man. I'd like to read the book if I can find it.
yeah me too...i finally sat down to watch the end of it today. its good, but not a complete masterpiece like the box suggests.
~~the pool scene was pretty great because you didn't expect it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
I had an idea that was the case, she was looking for Oskar to take his place.

BTW, I bought this movie on a recommendation you made a while back!

...I wonder how many people picked up on what Eli really is. (Besides being a vampire)
I have my theories, but does anyone else know what Wookilar means?

I had an idea that was the case, she was looking for Oskar to take his place.

BTW, I bought this movie on a recommendation you made a while back!

I have my theories, but does anyone else know what Wookilar means?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
I kinda caught on to that, but wasn't 100% sure if that was the case or not.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ah... interesting stuff...
you know, my wife mentioned a few times during the movie that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow... deep movie indeed, I want to read the book now...

Damn, I searched for this title all over last night and it wouldn't bring it up??!! WTF??!! Well, at least I didn't start a new thread. Mods, could you look into why this wasn't picked up when I was searching for the title when I typed it in exactly as the title of this thread is??

Well, I downloaded this movie last night, as I wanted to see the subbed version and this movie is absolutely amazing!!!! So awesome!! I hope they bring this to the big screen on a big opening here in the States so I can see the subbed version on the big screen!!

Nevermind, Ill says there is a BR verison!!

Ill, is the Swedish sub titled version on the BR?? I don't want to watch the dubbed version. I hate them!! Ruined CT,HD!!

Last edited:
I saw this back in October during a horror-movie marathon and I thought it was fantastic. My local movie theater also did a limited run of it a month or two ago. It's not your typical vampire film that moviegoers have gotten used to. I really enjoyed the fresh take, but the movie as-is, or even more in line with the book, would never fly here in the states. Which is why there will be another adaptation of this, and probably toned down significantly. Such a shame too.

Yeah, I hope they keep it as ballsy as this version and take it even farther into the book, which from reading the spoilers you guys posted up even crazier!!

Gotta get the book now. Hopefully I can hit up BnN this weekend.

This is what a Vampire movie should be, truly fantastic, just a beautifully crafted and touching tale. On the box for the Blu-Ray it says, "Best. Vampire Movie. Ever.", I don't disagree. I recommend this movie to anyone who likes Vampire movies, I loved it!

let_the_right_one_in_poster.jpg

*Mods, I didn't find a thread for this anywhere, so if there is one already existing, please merge.

I checked out this movie from my video store. Odd seeing a little kid as a Vampire, but I liked the movie.

I recommend it as well.:D

Back