Let The Right One In

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
This is what a Vampire movie should be, truly fantastic, just a beautifully crafted and touching tale. On the box for the Blu-Ray it says, "Best. Vampire Movie. Ever.", I don't disagree. I recommend this movie to anyone who likes Vampire movies, I loved it!

let_the_right_one_in_poster.jpg

*Mods, I didn't find a thread for this anywhere, so if there is one already existing, please merge.

Yep this movie was shown in select theatres and must admit I enjoyed this very much.
I heard about it a while back and I got it on Blu-Ray from Amazon today, best blind purchase of a movie I've ever made. All the good things I heard were definitely well deserved.

Amazing film, yes. This deserved some kind of recognition from the Academy for best Foreign Lang. film. Best horror film I've seen in years.

Netflix description:

Let the Right One In
Låt den rätte komma in
(2008) R
Twelve-year-old Oskar (Kåre Hedebrant), the constant target of bullies, spends his time plotting revenge and collecting news items about the grisly murders plaguing his town. Things change for Oskar when he meets new girl Eli (Lina Leandersson), a misfit vampire who steals his heart. As a serial killer continues to prey on teen boys in the small village outside Stockholm, Sweden, Eli helps Oskar find the courage to stand up to his tormenters.

Available onDVD and Blu-ray

Amazing film, yes. This deserved some kind of recognition from the Academy for best Foreign Lang. film. Best horror film I've seen in years.
I would love to see this film get that kind of recognition, it truly does deserve it. And I agree, one of the best horror movies I've seen in a long time. Being that the two stars are children you'd think that they would hold back a bit, I'm glad they didn't, they don't pull any punches! :rock

I personally didn't find it all that special. Maybe I was expecting more given all the praise I was hearing for it.

I've wanted to see this one for a LONG time, but haven't gotten around to see it. Now that it's out, going to put it to #1 on my netflix queue.

I personally didn't find it all that special. Maybe I was expecting more given all the praise I was hearing for it.

Completely agree. It was good, not great like i've been hearing. The part where she attacks the woman who turns was just silly and stupid. My girlfriend and I both agree, it was watchable, but SO OVERRATED.

Completely agree. It was good, not great like i've been hearing. The part where she attacks the woman who turns was just silly and stupid. My girlfriend and I both agree, it was watchable, but SO OVERRATED.
I don't see what was so stupid about it, she just attacked and bit her, nothing over the top about it. Typically in movies if you get bit by a vampire you turn, so I don't get why you feel that way. It's not a conventional Vampire flick and that's what I liked about it, I really don't think this movie is overrated as it doesn't go by what Hollywood says this type of movie should be.

You a Twilight fan? :lol

Last edited:
I don't see what was so stupid about it, she just attacked and bit her, nothing over the top about it. Typically in movies if you get bit by a vampire you turn, so I don't get why you feel that way. It's not a conventional Vampire flick and that's what I liked about it, I really don't think this movie is overrated as it doesn't go by what Hollywood says this type of movie should be.

You a Twilight fan? :lol

UMMMMMM....no. Haven't scene or read those books. Personally, the last Vampire film I liked was Bram Stroker's Dracula. Nobody can stop Gary Oldman, not even horrible acting by Keanu Reeves.

I can't explain exactly why I didn't care for it. My girlfriend was the one who noted that "it was a better made Twilight".

I haven't scene Twilight YET, "she who must be obeyed" is making me watch it sometime next week. Something about making me suffer or she secretly likes it and doesn't want to admit it, being a 27 year old woman I think she's ashamed :lol

Back