LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Les, it has been a while since I touched base with you. Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather.

Could you please offer a ballpark ETA on the Joker heads? I've been waiting very patiently and would just like an update.

Blake PM sent. Thanks for asking.

Not well today. Very tired. This last bout of FP has me totally worn out. Still trying to do some work though. Can't see too well. Just tired. (having trouble typing too! LOL!)

Should have an update as soon as I can. Thanks all.

Thanks for the comment about my Clouseau. He was a long time ago fun one.

Les

That Clouseau is awesome. Love Peter Sellers. Get well soon, Les.

Thanks Karatka for posting that Predator. I did paint the body some time back, and had to match that head and his medikit from the second release, to that previous armor repaint. Not sure if you guys can see it, but that P2 is COMPLETELY repainted, body, armor and all. Like mine. Like Reiny's is being done, and others. Doing Preds and Aliens amongst all this other stuff.
I might mention also, that maybe with some luck, Karatka will post pics of closeups of the inner mouth, with the arteries and all in there, on both mouth sets. I put lots of details in there.
Thanks for the chance to paint those parts, as I never got that one.

My camera and photography are less than great, but here's a couple more:

105_5841.jpg

105_5842.jpg

Hey Les, just checking in...saw you've been sick. Hope you're feeling a little better now! :(

Word-Up. Hope you're feeling better Les. Keep on Keepin' on and keep up the good fight bro! :rock

Can't wait to see more of what you've been working on.

P.S., That Clouseau is the BOMB! :chew

Hi guys. Yes, feeling a lot better today. Still tired from last week's bout of food poisoning, to some degree, but not as bad as I was. Man, that takes SO much out of you. You spend a week just getting your strength back up.

Anyway, sending off KL241's Superman soon, and some more heads, and some of Damian's long awaiteds, and lots more. I want to get some of the sets out, (mostly overseas) guys waiting on one head for the sets they are waiting on. Jokers and Bales mostly holding those up, and then lots more going out.
I got a question. Haven't been online much these last two weeks, so what is the status with overseas (Europe and UK) shipouts, what with this Icelandic volcano and all? Is all the stuff others here are shipping, getting to you over there? And vice versa? I want to ship some stuff, but am stymied until I know more. Let me know and I will start on a few of you this week if I can.

Lots in prog and lots done. Lots.

For a sidebar, here's a small custom redo I did, to see if it was possible. The Barbie line Mad Hatter doll (with a sexy Alice of my own design that I did to go with him).

MadHatterRepaint1.jpg

I added eyebrows, repainted the face some, (have repainted the eyes again and again since, not happy with the "Madonna" look to it...) and switched him to a Dragon body. Wasn't wasting a TT on this one. Just thought I'd see if I could make it work.

Before
MadHatterinbox2.jpg

After
MHcu02.jpg

( Would kill for a better likeness sculpt to replace this with! I figure Xeno's probably on it already! :D )

Lots more to come. Look for pics of a Superman or two and more headpaints as I can get to them. (I like seeing the in-hand shots from you guys better than my shots!)

Got Spencer's Beatles and Trevor's Firefly guys now on the paintup docket too. Not too many new things, as oldies are way ahead in line, but just saying, glad to have in hand a couple of new sculpts, even if they aren't mine.

As I get caught up, I hope to show more new heads when that can happen.

More soon!

Last edited:
Hi Les,
Good to hear you're feeling a lot better. Didn't have food poisoning as such, but I went down with Norovirus a few weeks back and I know what you mean about it taking a while to get back to full strength (and "double barrelling" :lol). Packages from for'n parts are arriving in Blighty again, now air travel has resumed, but things may take a little longer while the backlog is cleared.

Cheers,
Lt Dan.

Awesome work on the Hatter Les! I keep staring at that figure every time I hit TRU but wasn't sure it could be worked into something better. You've really brought out more than I thought was there! A great alternative to Medicom's overly expensive version, although I wish they had done the purple/maroon jacket instead...

That Mad Hatter doll reminds me of Madonna.

Big improvement on the Mad Hatter! :rock I always thought he reminded me more of Elijah Wood.

Not Too surpsiing, they actually have fairly similar faces.

Elijah-Wood_l.jpg

johnny_depp.jpg

Les did a great job turning a TRU toy into a collectible item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back