LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great shots, Gruff. Thanks man. And Josh, rock on buddy. And THANK YOU for your patience with me. I know he took a LONG time, but I always try to do my best each figure and head, so I hope the long wait was worth it for you. Thanks.
Those shots of the Hobbits in attire, and lit well, rock. Thanks Gruff. That's the stuff I hardly ever see, is my work on a finished figure. Means a lot.
It's hard as hell sometimes, to paint some of these and try to extrapolate, from the air, or just from ref shots, what it may look like on it's final body, all put together, when you don't have the figures intact and in hand yourself.

les094a.jpg

les096a.jpg

les120a.jpg

Even though this is an older fig it is one of the best customs i have seen of 89 Bats.

les133a.jpg

And you already know about this one:lol:monkey3

Great job Les

Those two are INCREDIBLE! :D I have a special place in my heart for the 1989 Batman movie. I'd love to have those figures! You're a very lucky guy!

But I did get two AWESOME Batman models repainted by Les! One from the first Keaton Batman movie, and one from Batman Returns! I will post pictures of them here soon. I'm VERY happy with them!

Hey Mike, those two were very special to me. The one 89 one is a RARE Tsukuda Batman kit, one of the first kits done of the 89 Batman, and I had drooled over it for years in Hobby Japan magazines and whatnot, and finally got it, and the Returns one was a favorite of mine, the Horizon Batman Returns kit sculpted in part by none other than Steve Wang, who co-designed the actual movie costume! And if I recall, it sports one of the best eye paints I have EVER done. To me anyway. He looks REALLY mad.
You are the owner of two of my old favorites there. Can't wait to see them in your collection!
Thanks for the mention!

Hey Mike, those two were very special to me. The one 89 one is a RARE Tsukuda Batman kit, one of the first kits done of the 89 Batman, and I had drooled over it for years in Hobby Japan magazines and whatnot, and finally got it, and the Returns one was a favorite of mine, the Horizon Batman Returns kit sculpted in part by none other than Steve Wang, who co-designed the actual movie costume! And if I recall, it sports one of the best eye paints I have EVER done. To me anyway. He looks REALLY mad.
You are the owner of two of my old favorites there. Can't wait to see them in your collection!
Thanks for the mention!

You're welcome as always Les! I'll get some pictures of both Batman kits soon, and post them here in your thread. Someday I'll have my own collection thread once I get my collection room in order. It's definitely still a "W.I.P." right now. :eek: :D

Okay, here's a few pictures of those great Batman kits that Les did some paint touch up work on. First is the 1989 Tsukuda Batman movie kit...

Batmanfullbody.jpg

Next is the even better looking Batman Returns Horizon model kit that Les mentioned was sculpted by Steve Wang. Les did some INCREDIBLE work on the head on this one! I love it!

Here's a close up of the head. Les is right. His work on they eyes is one of his best works to date!

BatmanReturnscloseup.jpg

Here's a full body shot of the Batman Returns model kit...

BatmanReturnsfullbody.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Mike! Thanks! Do me a favor sometime, and get a closeup shot of that Returns head where he's looking right at you, would you? I still need to save a good shot of that.

Quick update:
Not all bad, but some significant news, just so you all know what's up and all. I have always kept you all in the loop when things got me offtrack or whatever. And, that's happening at present. Here's hoping it'[s pretty temporary.

My mom is in the hospital again. Today, for stress tests due to some chest pains. Was a LONG day yesterday, and it really doubly frustrated me, as yesterday was a long look forward to day for me workwise, and it went to hell, so to speak, starting at about 2pm when I found out Ma had been rushed to the hospital with chest pains.
Needless to say, I'll get back to the work soon enough, but until then, I want to shout out to ANY and ALL Emergency Room employees...
YOU GUYS ROCK!
I saw some serious heroism yesterday. Ma was ok, she did have to spend eight hours on a gurney in a cold room, all of which added to her pain since she broke part of her hip on the 17th of Feb, but it wasn't that...it was the HUGE mob of people that came in, due to several severe wrecks and other bad events somewhere around town, that utterly filled up the ER all day long.
I mean it was MADNESS!
I have no idea how the staff handled it. There was a hurt child right outside Ma's room in the ER area, (there were no more rooms to put her in) and the child cried and screamed for hours. It took the overloaded staff a long time to get to her, and help her and her distraught dad, who was also injured, but not as badly.
Then, trying to get an IV in her, and calm her...all the while, cops and lawmen around, getting statements, gunshot wounded coming in (some local gang violence is what I am told...insane day here I tell ya!), wreck victims, the works!
And all this time, the ER staff never got mad at us for needing meds for Ma or whatever. They were cool and worked their collective asses off. I am still stunned from it all. The kid's cries kinda stuck in my tired head late last night, after I got home and Ma had been admitted finally. But I was grateful for all they did for us, and for that distraught family.

LONG days!

Anyway...ma's in the Heart Center now, getting a stress test, and later, I will know if it's her heart, her old artificial valve or just pain from being moved a lot due to her hip.
Like I said, long days.

And in all this, all I can think of, is how I want/need to get more work stuff out of here. I can't let my mind linger on bad possiblities...just stay the course with work and try to focus.

If I am not as available in the next day or so, don't fret. Just trying to keep up with all this, and the work also.

Thank God for the anti-anxiety meds I got back in Jan. I don't know what I'd do without 'em!

More news soon. Hope it's all good.

Thanks for letting me vent and catch you guys up.
And if you have any prayers in you, pray for Ma, and for that nameless little girl, and the ER employees that save folks every day...they even saved my lousy butt back in December, so I owe them more than I can pay.

Thanks.

Les

Wow, sorry to hear about your Mom, but glad to hear that things are better. That's great news about the hospital staff - sometimes it's a crap shoot if they will be good to you, or lousy.

Thoughts are prayers for your Mom.

Glad to hear you with your head up despite all this. It really seizes to amaze me.

My prayes are with Les. I hope everything turns out okay.

Also any chance you can post or pm me the recipe for the Miss Swann up there? Thanks.

Yeah, those doctors and nurses are truly heroes! As I told you on facebook Les, my Mom was an R.N. and worked in many different emergency rooms over the years in different hospitals. It is a very stressful job to say the least.

My prayers are with you and your family all the time my friend! :D

I'll take a good close-up of your great paint touch up on the Batman Returns model kit, and post it here for you so that you can save it. I love it! :banana Your work made this great kit even better!

Take a deep breath Les, and try not to let it all get to you. I have to do that sometimes myself. Life with elderly parents is stressful. You know it better than I do. I'm starting to see some difficulties with my Dad now, and my mother-in-law like I've already told you about.

"VBR"

Mike

For Superdoug:

Custom Liz Swann
les393a.jpg

Recipe: Sideshow female buck body
Hot Toys ES head and hair
Custom made felt hat (had on hand)
Zizzle Jack shirt, resized and shaped and tapered
Zizzle Jack vest, repainted, and taken in.
Zizzle Jack pants, dirtied and darkened
Custom made boots
Zizzle Jack pistol.
Baldric, custom made from Zizzle Jack one, with buckle made from brass wire
Sword and scabbard, I think it was a Dragon French sword, that I repainted to look very aged and weathered.

There's the recipe for Ms Swann....

Thanks for the kind words all.
Mike, sorry to hear of your woes. It sucks dealing with all the stresses of dealing with your own folks. I know. All too well. Everyone will eventually.

Still ongoing with Ma, and the days are long of late. Long hours at the hospital and all. No time at home much lately to chime in and post.

Thanks for all the kind words regarding all that.

More updates as soon as I can. :rock

Hang in there Les! Sorry to hear about your latest ordeal, but we're definitely thinking of you!

Hang in the Les! I know it might be hard but don't forget to keep taking the time to rest and walk the last thing you need (or your mom would want) is for your health to decline on top of everything else. You could probably take your walks on the hospital grounds if you need to.

Thanks for the recipe. She looks great. Now I just have to figure out how to pull it off. For the record I can't believe that's the Sideshow buck under there. Also you did repaint the hair too right?

Thanks for posting these Josh. I hope you like him. I spent a lot of time on his cloak, if you can see it....

Anyway, just a note to say, I am back at the bench again, after a long week of worrying about my mom. She is ok. She had a lot of tests and all, and it scared us, but I think she is fine. No heart worries at present. Her old artificial valve is a reason for worries...anyway, that is done.
Off tomorrow with my dad, out of town so he can see a doctor, but while I am away with him, I hope to replenish a lot of brushes and paint. Some if about dried up! LOL! Yeah, so much in use, and my colors are thinning...so got to replenish asap. Wish we had a Hobby Lobby or a Michaels, etc., closer by.

I hope to have more going out soon, so more pics of more stuff coming when all that happens. Thanks for the kind words and support of late. Not losing sight of the prize (catching up) and keeping my wits sharp. Feeling better too, have lost 27 pounds since December 25th, and am now below 200.
SO...if I can just get more works out of here, then all will be better.

Look for new batches of emails and updates soon!
And again, thanks everyone.

Les

Added (regarding my custom Liz Swann):
Thanks for the recipe. She looks great. Now I just have to figure out how to pull it off. For the record I can't believe that's the Sideshow buck under there. Also you did repaint the hair too right?

Yes, I did repaint the hair also. I plan to redo her whole upper head and add doll hair sometime though. Look for more pics whenever that happens.

Custom Liz Swann
les393a.jpg

Recipe: Sideshow female buck body
Hot Toys ES head and hair
Custom made felt hat (had on hand)
Zizzle Jack shirt, resized and shaped and tapered
Zizzle Jack vest, repainted, and taken in.
Zizzle Jack pants, dirtied and darkened
Custom made boots
Zizzle Jack pistol.
Baldric, custom made from Zizzle Jack one, with buckle made from brass wire
Sword and scabbard, I think it was a Dragon French sword, that I repainted to look very aged and weathered.

Very nice, Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back