Les' Hot Toys P2 PREDATOR ELDER Redo/Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit, I like the way it looks in person better than in photos. It has that overall greyed out look more, than the pictures give it. Plus, I did use an orange light to add some atmosphere. Not the photog that Maulfan is though. Would LOVE to see his shots of this guy!

I will post some pics of the sword sheath I made soon, now mind you, it is conjectural, but I am pretty happy with it. If anyone has better photos of that from the actual costume, that would be helpful of course.
Speaking of which, isn't there a great shot of all the Predator 2 costumes lined up against a wall outside somewhere? I know I saw that. I wonder if this guy's suit is in there.

Anyway, more closeup pics of the scabbard and armor dings, and how-to vid coming.

Speaking of the scabbard, here's some better shots of mine...

Scabbard2.jpg

I just folded a piece of real leather, soft stuff inside, and lightly superglued the very rim shut. I attached some coarse string that I painted and made sure was long enough to hang properly when attached to the skull at his side. Then I wrapped that with a band of thin leather strip, that matched the belt colors. then washed that with some watered down Burnt Umber.

Holds the Sword very snugly.

Here's the way I looped it over the skull. Easy to remove...
(You can see some of the scores and scratches on the armor now too)

Scabbard3.jpg

And the whole with it sheathed...

HTP2Elder023.jpg

May not be perfect, but is an easy solution and is replaceable if better refs show up. I do think that skull is the key to how it's attached though.
Such disregard for his human prey! :lol

thanks for the pics and info les, man those pics show the detail in the armor far beter than the ones you posted earlier, ill be building one of these as soon as i get my elder. already ripped up an old leather wallet for it, might try making his belt out of real leather too:D

oh and i believe this is the pic you were talking about. unfortunately he doesnt have any accessories on him. also headless:confused:

losthunter2.jpg

Hey, he still looks cool! No frets Jamal! :rock
You are getting one of the best figures of all time!

Here is what mine looks like under the armor, so you can get an idea about what all you can do. I forgot to post these in the first post...

P2Elder001.jpg

P2Elder002.jpg

You can see he's more greyed out than before. He looks really yellow and all in my photos, but he isn't as much so in person. It helps just putting details onto his shoulders and leg attachments. Adds much more realism.

The head just looks off the hook man!

I wont be opening mine because i dont have the room at the moment.

I still have to assemble my Chopper and Elder also:monkey2

Les, your work on this figure is freakin badass - Straight up the best - I just wished all of our P2 Elder figures looked like this! Awesome Awesome job - I am a huge predator fan and this by far takes the cake on your predator repaints. :bow:bow:bow
Im still waiting for my P2 Elder to arrive, I got it from SSC and it wont be shipping until sometime in the first quarter of 08 - but I am highly anticipating the moment when he arrives!! I cant wait for this one!

Awesome job Les and props to you for dedicating it to Kevin Peter Hall, the one and only TRUE Predator!!

Last edited:
My review is up-

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27245

I guess somewhat obviously it was written before I saw Les's incredible repaint, but for a factory application it's still one of the best out there!

That's ok, Jeff. I keep saying, repainted or not, GET THE DARNED FIGURE!
You say it right! The factory paint is amazing! I am glad you don't post my figure in there. Seems to put folks off buying the figure as much as like it. I say, screw all that and get the thing! I think those that pass on it will live to regret it. It is just too amazing not to have in a collection!
If you only ever get ONE HOT TOYS PREDATOR, This is it! :rock

Great review! Spot on in every way!
(That box is amazing too! You got that right!)

I've got him on Preorder from sideshow. I picked him as a "frustration" buy, as I mulled over getting the P2 reg pred for a few days, and when I finialy decided to get him, he was SOLD OUT. thankfully, this guy was still available, So I grabbed him instead.

Now, I'm realy glad I did. :D

holy shiza!!! LES!! I am just looking at this now!!! outstanding work!! can't wait to get mine now! (and deal with it not looking nearly as nice as yours)

:lol :lol :lol

holy shiza!!! LES!! I am just looking at this now!!! outstanding work!! can't wait to get mine now! (and deal with it not looking nearly as nice as yours)

:lol :lol :lol

That can be resolved you know! :D
BTW, did you get some arms in recently? LMK! Hope that guy is posted soon!

WOW Les you can really see the labour of your love for the Predator/s you have... They look amazing, but this one is diffenently the crown jewel and the apple of you eye!

Bravo Les, Bravo!

That's ok, Jeff. I keep saying, repainted or not, GET THE DARNED FIGURE!
You say it right! The factory paint is amazing! I am glad you don't post my figure in there. Seems to put folks off buying the figure as much as like it. I say, screw all that and get the thing! I think those that pass on it will live to regret it. It is just too amazing not to have in a collection!
If you only ever get ONE HOT TOYS PREDATOR, This is it! :rock

Great review! Spot on in every way!
(That box is amazing too! You got that right!)

Missed this post before.

I hate you Les Walker! I just ordered it from Toys2... Frick!

Something about "live to regret it" rang in my ears and I just remembered every 12"er I've live to regret! Damn you Sultan of Repaints! Damn you to Hell!:maul

Back