Les' Hot Toys P2 PREDATOR ELDER Redo/Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed this post before.

I hate you Les Walker! I just ordered it from Toys2... Frick!

Something about "live to regret it" rang in my ears and I just remembered every 12"er I've live to regret! Damn you Sultan of Repaints! Damn you to Hell!:maul

:lol:rotfl:lol
Somewhere, a boxed Hot Toys Elder Predator is very happy in his dark cardboard tomb...he has a home at last!
"Hey guys! Someone bought me! I am going home!" :D
That's one less lonely boxed figure out there...
You won't regret it! :rock

I put my Elder up on the Pred shelf with all the other Preds last night. (He's been living down by my computer so I could look at him all day...)
To see him with all the others is pretty cool. All I need now is a P1 and of course, Wolf, and my set will be complete. I've got quite the growing set now. I never woulda known a year ago that I would have these either.
Wild world!

Damn Les, your elder Pred is stunning!! When I saw your first pic I thought it was a screen grab from the movie, it is truly beautiful. You :rock man!!

:lol:rotfl:lol
Somewhere, a boxed Hot Toys Elder Predator is very happy in his dark cardboard tomb...he has a home at last!
"Hey guys! Someone bought me! I am going home!" :D
That's one less lonely boxed figure out there...
You won't regret it! :rock

FYI, Les... I was just in the nick of time! Just sold out at Toys2! Maybe I grabbed the last one! WooHoo Baby!:chew

Any change we can get a dancing Predator?

Les, if you were to extend the position of his plasma cannon a little more to the left, how would you go about it? From what ive seen of the armor piece, there doesnt look like theres any other way than cutting and sculpting an extension.

Sorry if this has been posted before. But yes, I admit to being too lazy to read all the other posts :rotfl

Anyways, the mystery's been solved to how this predator has come into possession of a flintlock pistol.

From the "Hunted" site and courtesy of Darkhorse comics..

the pistol was a trophy taken by a Yautja who hunted a band of pirates in 1718.

As the story goes: dropping anchor at an island in Guinea in 1718, the Captain of the small band of pirates suddenly faced mutiny over a stolen case of gold which was destined for a church. The Captain wanted the gold returned, much to the anger of his crew who turned against him. In the following battle, a watching Predator joined the fray and fought back-to-back with the Captain - attacking the rebellious crew with an extendable sword.
In the climactic scene, with the crew dead and the Predator and Captain about to battle mano a mano, the Captain is suddenly shot in the back by the last member of his crew, who was in hiding. Denied his trophy, the Predator angrily blasts the final crewman to hell. With his dying breath, the Captain whispers 'take it...' to the Predator, throwing him his beautifully engraved pistol. With the Captain dead, the Predator takes a moment to think about this battle - and with some curious respect, leaves the dead Captain his extendable sword... 'Take it.'
The final scene sees what looks like a shooting star moving across the evening sky, far above a now silent island - and a pirate ship in the bay, never to leave anchor again.

:lol Just a thought.. I wonder if any of the Hot Toys merchandise have been checked for excessive levels of lead content. Not that I chew on my predators mind you.. :rotfl

I couldn't load down any other thread with this, as I have too many pictures to post of it.

Here is my overindulged, overworked, and way overdone redo of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE PREDATOR!!!!!!!!!
Repainted or not, THIS IS ONE BADA$$ TOY!
Get one! It is worth it!

I added a lot. Arm rags and dangly bits, the sword sheath that you can see him use when he is walking away from Danny Glover, he puts the sword into it out of visual line of sight, but he is clearly sheathing it, so I took liberties in my design. Thought it looked like it was strung on that skull on his waist belt.

And an extreme closeup of the face showing the added quills above the eyes and on his chin. There are more at the sides of his face, but I didn't want them constantly rubbed by dreads, and they are hard to get to.

HTP2ElderWP001a.jpg

MORE TO COME...

Nice work!! I had some left over quils from the AVP elder predator.. I might just try that. Also. Im afraid of cutting things so what I did [with the belts] was heated them up with the hair dryer and just stretched it. I also heated up his tusks [lower mandibles] and spread them out a bit. Looks cooler IMHO.

I might try to repaint him one day but the quils are definite next project.

:lol Just a thought.. I wonder if any of the Hot Toys merchandise have been checked for excessive levels of lead content. Not that I chew on my predators mind you.. :rotfl

Now I don't know a thing about that, but last night when I opened the lid to my display box, the strong odor of plastic and rubber shot out right into my face. WHEW!

But damn do I love my Predator's!

I always wondered if this was the same elder as the one from AVP...it probably isn't...

I thought one of the elders had a sword...not a tribal machete, but a big two handed sword...

As for the fig...that is some VERY nice work...that repaint really did the trick...

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the kind words. This really was a labor of love for me. I need to post shots of some of the other Elders I have painted over the years, so you can get a better idea of why this one means so much to me.
Anyway, with the "Wolf" Predator, which is a mediary level elder I believe, I will wait and see if he needs any serious repaint efforts or not. Need more refs and to see the movie of course.

This one however, was one I have waited to paint for a long time. I am in doubt as to how greyed out he is totally, as some Pred fans assert, as I look at the color of his dreads compared to the color of his skin, even in the orange light of the ship, that sort of drains out the colors, but if you look good, you see a shift in color which suggests to me, that he is indeed more yellow than grey. His dreads are grey, but not so much his skin.
Just my opinion.

Anyway, thanks again fellas.

I think that when you look at the production stills that are scattered about this site (like the one the lost hunter preds lined up against a wall) and in 'The Winston Effect', it shows the Predator 2 Elder or "greyback" to have quite a pasty white/grey colour with a little bit of yellow/cream coming through in places, sort of like it has faded over time. The HT paint job has made him look younger than he should be.

HTP2Elder021.jpg

I have become such a big fan of your work Les and this Elder is just to damn awesome to let the thread fall to the 'back of the bus'.

I know your much needed spring break is almost here and I hope you take some time to relax a bit in between cleaning & organizing. I know that I don't want to think of the spring cleaning that I need to do.

Hope to talk with you later about some repaints because I'm thinking of sending the whole P2 Elder and not just the head, mabey the Wolf too.

Till then.

Jared

I couldn't load down any other thread with this, as I have too many pictures to post of it.

Here is my overindulged, overworked, and way overdone redo of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE PREDATOR!!!!!!!!!
Repainted or not, THIS IS ONE BADA$$ TOY!
Get one! It is worth it!

Anyway...here is mine...

HTP2Elder010.jpg

HTP2Elder016.jpg

Note the scars on his right arm....
HTP2Elder007.jpg

HTP2Elder018.jpg

Added some length to his belts by tying one and adding leather to the other, so they would fit correctly, and so the bottom belt would take the flintlock, as it is in the movie...

HTP2Elder017.jpg

Mood shot

HTP2Elder013.jpg

HTP2Elder012.jpg

With the flash so you can see the colors more accurately

HTP2Elder021.jpg

I added a lot. Arm rags and dangly bits, the sword sheath that you can see him use when he is walking away from Danny Glover, he puts the sword into it out of visual line of sight, but he is clearly sheathing it, so I took liberties in my design. Thought it looked like it was strung on that skull on his waist belt.

And an extreme closeup of the face showing the added quills above the eyes and on his chin. There are more at the sides of his face, but I didn't want them constantly rubbed by dreads, and they are hard to get to.

HTP2ElderWP001a.jpg

MORE TO COME...

Awesome Job Les! :chew

Back