Statue Legolas Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grats! definitely a cool statue. love the armor and outfit on him. and the line as a whole looks pretty flipping great together so far.

Finally got my replacement Legolas today! I'm so glad to have him back on the shelf with Gandalf and Aragorn. It's good to have one without the breakage--and there were actually one or two little flaws with the paint job on the original that aren't present with the new one. So I guess that it was worth the wait.

I'm really pleased with this line and I look forward to seeing what the future holds. (Hobbits!)

Finally got my replacement Legolas today! I'm so glad to have him back on the shelf with Gandalf and Aragorn. It's good to have one without the breakage--and there were actually one or two little flaws with the paint job on the original that aren't present with the new one. So I guess that it was worth the wait.

I'm really pleased with this line and I look forward to seeing what the future holds. (Hobbits!)
Congrats Tom :wave

So glad it all worked out well in the end.

Enjoy!

:duff
Bill

Saw this in person today and was hard to walk away from buying it .. waiting for after Christmas for sure and if its still at my local shop I'm grabbing it. Any word on a Boromir?

Got my regular Legolas statue last day and although it is great I am disturbed by the face skin colour. I'm thinking that maybe they gave more attention to the exc versions because the pictures which I saw look definitely pailer than the regular photos, is such thing possible?

And do you think anything can be done by ourselves to make it pailer? Like leaving it to sunlight so the colour fades? :D

Hello Justified

I have the Exclusive version the skin tone is darker than the prototype as shown on sideshow. I believe this has been a major feedback on this piece.

1008153.jpg

Got my regular Legolas statue last day and although it is great I am disturbed by the face skin colour. I'm thinking that maybe they gave more attention to the exc versions because the pictures which I saw look definitely pailer than the regular photos, is such thing possible?

And do you think anything can be done by ourselves to make it pailer? Like leaving it to sunlight so the colour fades? :D

That has been a very common complaint. I have the exclusive and the face is definately too dark. When you see pictures they often look paler because of the flash or light that is being used to highlight the piece. I notice under direct light the skin color looks paler. However, leaving it in the sun for long periods of time would fade the whole statue. I'd just convince youself that Legolas spent a lot of time in the sun when the sculpt was done of him!

Hello guys,

I'm huge fan of the new LOTR maquette line from Sideshow so I've thought it would be good to register here since I'm planning to get all of them (regular editions). :) I've got Legolas this week and I'm totally blown away how great he looks. I have also Aragorn and Gandalf.

Here is my small collection of Weta + Sideshow LOTR stuff:
statues.jpg

And here is my regular edition Legolas 374/750. The regular edition has the same little mistakes like the exclusive one - Legolas is a little tanned and hasn't the paint detail on the quiver).

Legolas0.jpg

Legolas1.jpg

Legolas2.jpg

Legolas3.jpg

Nice shots! Welcome to the board and great to have another Ringer here. Please if you don't mind post your edition numbers in the tracking thread for the statue line above and they will get added to the list.

Back