Statue Legolas Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has someone repainted their Legolas' face to see if they can get that skin tone to look more elf-like?

My second LOTR Maquette! EX Legolas #160/350

DSCN2654.jpg

DSCN2653.jpg

DSCN2651.jpg

DSCN2650.jpg

DSCN2648.jpg

DSCN2643.jpg

DSCN2642.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg

DSCN2631.jpg

Sweeeeeeet!...lovely shots NorthernLadMSP...thanks for sharing. :hi5:

Sure is a wonderful piece and well worth having. :clap

2 Maquettes just isn't enough though. :lol

:duff
Bill

Wow...have not commented much in the past months...but this Legolas paint issue is pretty darn weird...at no point in the movies was he TAN? Since when are elves TAN? Someone in QC seriously dropped the ball...

Do they have tanning salons in Middle-earth?

I agree. That is the one thing that pisses me off about an otherwise perfect piece. He's awesome though, and I agree, two is just not enough :wave

I have been watching SS's website for their second batch of regular Aragorns, but it's been pushed back to February now.

I can't find an EX anywhere (that is at a decent price).

Wow...have not commented much in the past months...but this Legolas paint issue is pretty darn weird...at no point in the movies was he TAN? Since when are elves TAN? Someone in QC seriously dropped the ball...

Do they have tanning salons in Middle-earth?

This doesnt bother me at all, as long as the paint quality itself is good (which is per the photos). But sideshow does tend to have a problem with skin color, i posted elsewhere the gollum pf replacement bodies i received looked like they just came back from hawaii without sunblock, almost orange.

Legolas by himself, I barely noticed and did not care about his tan. Now that he's next to Aragorn and Gimli... it's pretty obvious and annoying. Oh well...

A little late to this party...but better late than never. :slap

Some pics for you guys to enjoy. :wink1:

SS_Legolas_Maquette_Front.jpg

SS_Legolas_Maquette_Back.jpg

SS_Legolas_Maquette_3-4_Right_2.jpg

SS_Legolas_Maquette_3-4_Left.jpg

SS_Legolas_Maquette_Back_2.jpg

SS_Legolas_Maquette_3-4_Right.jpg

Another great piece...what a fantastic line this is. :rock

Bill

Yeah it looks really great I wish I would have the skill to repaint it too...but I don't really know how...:slap

And I agree I LOVE this line...:hi5: Just waiting for my Gimli and Arwen - I should get them in a few weeks! :peace

Congrats Rena Gilthoniel, I know you are going to love them. :clap

This line look so well together. :clap

Shameless, I know, but it had to be done...

Put my Legolas exclusive up for sale in the FS thread. :(

What's up fury....how come you are pulling out of this fantastic line? :(

Looks like you are selling all you pieces...that is a real shame. :(

Bill

Just made the decision recently, and I'm not going to cancel preordered statues that have NRDs and cancellation fees on top of that, especially when I can possibly flip them for even more than the cost, ala Vampirella exclusive.

Wish I could keep this line however, the LOTR maquettes have been truly wondrous and I was even on the verge of ordering an Arwen with the Valentines discount or whatever it was they had going...

:(

Just made the decision recently, and I'm not going to cancel preordered statues that have NRDs and cancellation fees on top of that, especially when I can possibly flip them for even more than the cost, ala Vampirella exclusive.

Wish I could keep this line however, the LOTR maquettes have been truly wondrous and I was even on the verge of ordering an Arwen with the Valentines discount or whatever it was they had going...

:(

well i can do $1150 shipped for the lot if you cant find a buyer that will pay more. I dont mind having a backup set for this series since they look so awesome.

Why not sell other items and keep the LOTR stuff? Make it the one line you collect.

I'm going to try to eliminate everything. I know I'll keep the Grendel bronze, but the rest is very moveable and easy to jettison. Like I said, I love the line, but I just can't see myself moving a large amount of "stuff" overseas, especially so far...

well i can do $1150 shipped for the lot if you cant find a buyer that will pay more. I dont mind having a backup set for this series since they look so awesome.

At first I was like, whoa, awesome offer, and it is. But I do have a few pending offers to work through on the four currently, and with your offer I would only just be breaking even really...

Back