Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - May 16, 2014

Aside from maybe the way it's filmed when they charge out of the plane....it looks like every other scene I've seen of soldiers jumping out of the back of a plane from way up in the sky.

With the same obscure soundtrack?

:dunno

Come on Rory, who cares.
Give me 1 hour and I'll wrote one big post about how everything we're seeing on screen was done 1000 times by ancient Greeks :lol

Come on Rory, who cares.
Give me 1 hour and I'll wrote one big post about how everything we're seeing on screen was done 1000 times by ancient Greeks :lol

I do. I directed those Verizon spots and picked that music 2 years ago.. so it pisses me off, no end. No one else will care but if it's your thing personally than it's not cool?

I will not mention it again. :(

The poster and the perspective of the trailer gave me a concern. I wonder if this film is going to follow the modern trend these films tend to have with the focus being on the military and them being the hero of the film. All these films like this have to throw in this rah-rah military propaganda, but in the real Godzilla films the military almost always failed. It was science that was the weapon used to repel Godzilla. Furthermore, it was a scientist who used it and sacrificed himself to keep it from being used as a military weapon. I hope Edwards made that distinction in this film. I always felt it was important that intellect was used to stop Godzilla and not "conventional" weapons.

I hope so. But it seems like godzilla is unstoppable in this one

I hope the movie has the same mood as the trailer. Very dark and intense. I'd rather it be a horror movie than a summer action flick. I think some of you hating on the trailer forget that the original Godzilla is meant to be horrific. I liked Pacific Rim, but I hope Godzilla has no resemblance to it at all. I want it to be as serious a movie as it can, considering it has a 300 foot atomic lizard in it!

The trailer was amazing. I couldn't be more excited about this movie. I just wish I didn't have to wait until May.

I hope the movie has the same mood as the trailer. Very dark and intense. I'd rather it be a horror movie than a summer action flick. I think some of you hating on the trailer forget that the original Godzilla is meant to be horrific. I liked Pacific Rim, but I hope Godzilla has no resemblance to it at all. I want it to be as serious a movie as it can, considering it has a 300 foot atomic lizard in it!

:exactly::lecture:lecture:exactly:

:exactly:

The trailer was amazing. I couldn't be more excited about this movie. I just wish I didn't have to wait until May.

Everything they've shown so far is so on point to what I was hoping for. I can't wait.

I don't imagine it'd be easy but I'd love if they released a black and white special edition blu ray.

RORYWAN U SO KEWL AN TALENTD. CANT BLEIVE GARETH EDWARDS DUN STOL UR IDEA OF DAFT PUNK SPACE MEN JUMPING OUT OF AN AIRPLANE WITH GLOWING WHITE BALLZ.

Anyway.

Is the bug monster from the comic-con teaser supposed to be in the movie? Or was that just for the teaser?

I kinda hope it's not in the movie. I want this to be solely focused on Godzilla. If it is in the movie though, I bet it will only be for a short period. I imagine it would appear first, deal a bit of damage then quickly be taken out by the military, giving everyone a since of relief before the real threat (Godzilla) makes his appearance. Or maybe that same scenario, but instead of the military taking him out, Godzilla's first appearance is him squashing the bug.

Loved the trailer and it's ominous and dreadful tone. Glad that this is going to be a more serious, horrific film than a cheesy, rock'n roll action film like Pacific Rim.

I don't imagine it'd be easy but I'd love if they released a black and white special edition blu ray.

I mean, they did it for The Mist, so I don't know if it should be hard at all. I can take videos on Instagram in color and just convert it to black and white so I can't imagine these studios have a hard time with it.

RORYWAN U SO KEWL AN TALENTD. CANT BLEIVE GARETH EDWARDS DUN STOL UR IDEA OF DAFT PUNK SPACE MEN JUMPING OUT OF AN AIRPLANE WITH GLOWING WHITE BALLZ.

Anyway.

Is the bug monster from the comic-con teaser supposed to be in the movie? Or was that just for the teaser?

I kinda hope it's not in the movie. I want this to be solely focused on Godzilla. If it is in the movie though, I bet it will only be for a short period. I imagine it would appear first, deal a bit of damage then quickly be taken out by the military, giving everyone a since of relief before the real threat (Godzilla) makes his appearance. Or maybe that same scenario, but instead of the military taking him out, Godzilla's first appearance is him squashing the bug.

Loved the trailer and it's ominous and dreadful tone. Glad that this is going to be a more serious, horrific film than a cheesy, rock'n roll action film like Pacific Rim.

:hi5::yess::panic:

Back