Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best guess right now is JAKKS 30" figure.

If that's the JAKKS 30" figure, that's a must buy simply to mod it, do some resculpting if all possible, and do a custom paint job. Hopefully X-Plus and Sideshow will hit it out of the park. I think that design will grow on me once I see it in action.

nic_cage_attack_1.gif

Hopefully in the film the spines look more like the teaser poster...jagged but still maple-leafy...than these.

Its not a bad figure. But it doesn't pop out either. Looks like a giant version of a happy meal toy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

the feet in that one almost look like hands

I feel like that might be intentional. I almost feel like the designers are going for Godzilla to be some intermediary stage between dinosaurs and alligators so having his hands arms and legs and feet all look like he could almost be a 4 legged animal like a gator makes some sense.

Not getting the hate. If it is the 30 inch figure then I'd defiantly pick this up. He looks great to me. Much better than other toys we've seen.

If that is the JAKKS figure, for a $30 figure standing over 2 feet tall, that's actually an amazing deal. Does it compete with the Super Premium Bandai 93 in the realm of big Godzillas, no, but it also costs a hell of a lot less.

Looks like a giant version of a happy meal toy.

That's essentially what the JAKKS figures are, so if this is theirs, it'd make sense, it's gotta be either JAKKS or Bandai.

Look at JAKKS' other large figures though, nice for the price and size, but nothing special.

This is JAKKS' Superman and Darth Vader.

maxresdefault.jpg

Batman

STK620588.jpg

Clone Trooper

100_3764-e1386267668568.jpg

I feel like that might be intentional. I almost feel like the designers are going for Godzilla to be some intermediary stage between dinosaurs and alligators so having his hands arms and legs and feet all look like he could almost be a 4 legged animal like a gator makes some sense.

If that is the JAKKS figure, for a $30 figure standing over 2 feet tall, that's actually an amazing deal. Does it compete with the Super Premium Bandai 93 in the realm of big Godzillas, no, but it also costs a hell of a lot less.

That's essentially what the JAKKS figures are, so if this is theirs, it'd make sense, it's gotta be either JAKKS or Bandai.

Look at JAKKS' other large figures though, nice for the price and size, but nothing special.

This is JAKKS' Superman and Darth Vader.

maxresdefault.jpg

Batman

STK620588.jpg

Clone Trooper

100_3764-e1386267668568.jpg

I think the superman and star wars characters looked really good in person (though I really can't imagine how many people would want a figure of those characters so big with lack of characters to display with). They didn't do the cloverfield toy did they? Because I thought that was a neat looking large toy.

But its not bad. Just not great. Im going to have to see this thing with more texture and in nice poses. At least it has a back of the head though.

And I really hope there is no mention of Godzilla being on 4 legs at all in the film. Please, not again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

They didn't do the cloverfield toy did they?

Hasbro made the Cloverfield figure, though I don't get why, it wasn't the sort of movie their typical audience would see. Even though Godzilla will be a more adult movie, I feel like it'll have more child-friendliness than Cloverfield.

Back