Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way, Biojex would've never missed Hedorah in G2014, that's a fake.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Okay... After watching this movie a billion times over the last few days...I have a new favorite scene that dethrones the atomic breath. The scene where Godzilla first meets mama MUTO. The desaturated sound....the little piano beats...Godzilla concealed by the dust...then that roar. It has given me chills each time.

I tell you, this movie is holding up very well to repeat viewings.

Every single monster scene is high quality stuff.

The reveal at the airport still puts a huge grin on my face.

I think that's another positive of this movie, maybe it wasn't as amazing as it had the potential to be, but it's enjoyable repeatedly. There are plenty of movies that lose their luster after the first few viewings, but this one has definitely cemented its place in the franchise.

I don't think of it as separate from Toho films, I just consider it the newest Godzilla movie.

I tell you, this movie is holding up very well to repeat viewings.

Every single monster scene is high quality stuff.

The reveal at the airport still puts a huge grin on my face.

Yeah, it's paced really well. I'm not really bored while watching it. Sure there's only 8 minutes of godzilla footage, but I love the MUTO. And they have a lot of awesome scenes on their own

I think that's another positive of this movie, maybe it wasn't as amazing as it had the potential to be, but it's enjoyable repeatedly. There are plenty of movies that lose their luster after the first few viewings, but this one has definitely cemented its place in the franchise.

I don't think of it as separate from Toho films, I just consider it the newest Godzilla movie.

The cinematography is just too enjoyable to look at.

The cinematography is just too enjoyable to look at.

It really is a visual fiest, but I think a Godzilla film should be, when your main character can do so much to emote and perform, how you see him do the things he does is key. As much as Gojira has a really well rounded story, the cinematography and how Godzilla is presented is really top notch as well. This movie really borrowed from Gojira and Godzilla '84 as far as emphasizing the human point of view looking at the monster.

Definately not the bore fest I was expecting at home, even with the human characters, maybe because the subject matter being discussed was Godzilla.

I do wish there had been 1 or 2 additional Godzilla face closeups showing his personality.

I would've loved a "Whatever" expression used for the humans. :lol

Last edited:
Definately not the bore fest I was expecting at home, even with the human characters, maybe because the subject matter being discussed was Godzilla.

I do wish there had been 1 or 2 additional Godzilla face closeups showing his personality.

I would've loved a "Whatever" expression used for the humans. :lol

tumblr_n8bnswutWB1sfqui2o1_500.jpg
tumblr_n8bnswutWB1sfqui2o2_500.jpg

The 12 inch neca godzilla is good enough for me. i love how accurate that figure is.

you have it, do you think it looks like the film in hand or the neca does? I've been reading the debate

The neca is more accurate for sure. But the paint apps and softness of the sculpt kind of hinder it from coming out in full force. The MA has both better paint apps and sculpt detail. But the sculpt looks a bit different than what you see on screen. I can't quite place it, but I think it's the shape of the snout and the brow that throw it off. But it still looks much more ferocious and intimidating than the neca.

But. The bigger neca Godzilla is probably the best 2014 toy out right now.

Back