Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I totally got the impression that Godzilla was about to blast the female when he was standing on her before he was interrupted by the male.

And I thought it was cool that the cavern at the beginning of the movie implied that another "monarch lizard" had been killed by those MUTO's ages before. I'm not aware of any prior Godzilla movie that indicated that he was killable in advance. It added extra stakes to the final battle when you see how much Godzilla struggled against the double team.

Yeah I totally got the impression that Godzilla was about to blast the female when he was standing on her before he was interrupted by the male.

And I thought it was cool that the cavern at the beginning of the movie implied that another "monarch lizard" had been killed by those MUTO's ages before. I'm not aware of any prior Godzilla movie that indicated that he was killable in advance. It added extra stakes to the final battle when you see how much Godzilla struggled against the double team.

Several movies have "killed" him off and either had Godzilla being another Godzilla, or remorphing from skin cells and/or bone like Wolverine.

Obviously he "died" in the 54 original but I wasn't aware that some of the sequels actually had him be a different creature from ones that died in previous films. So they just made "Godzilla" a title like Darth huh? :monkey3

Obviously he "died" in the 54 original but I wasn't aware that some of the sequels actually had him be a different creature from ones that died in previous films. So they just made "Godzilla" a title like Darth huh? :monkey3

Yup. If memory serves, the last Mechagodzilla was built around the bones of a dead Godzilla.

Godzilla was obviously out of either Mutos' league one-on-one. But as a duo they were a powerful team, and even had coordinated attacks. They weren't fighting just for survival, they were methodically timing their attacks.

As for Godzilla's dying.....

He died in the 1954 original--the rest of the Showa series (1955-1975) doesn't really outright say whether Godzilla is the same creature as the first film or not. "Gigantis" in 1955 was implied to be another creature from the original film, but there are so many inconsistencies in that series who knows.

He was "killed" in Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 2 but was revived by the dying Rodan's essence. It's a dumb part of the series anyway. They added a second brain in Godzilla's body to attack so that he can be paralyzed and killed. But no other film ever acknowledges this. Same with the phantom "armpit" weakness they made up for Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla.

Godzilla obviously died in 1995 in "Destroyah", but his death revived and transformed Junior into a new Godzilla.

In Godzilla 2000, they imply that that Godzilla is probably the one from 1954 and he completely regenerated from atoms. He's like the Wolverine comparison.

GMK, some might say, was killed at the end of the film. But a beating heart tells me otherwise, especially since Godzilla's whole backstory in that film is an unstoppable spiritual nature. If the souls that congregate in Godzilla can't die, neither can Godzilla. He's a dark god. He'd probably come back stronger. But I think this Godzilla is outright said to be the same one that attacked Tokyo in 1954.

And as nam said, Godzilla in the SOS series has to be a different animal since he's fighting the bones of the original.

All the other times, Godzilla has been trapped or dumped in the ocean not returning for the rest of that film, such as Gigantis, King Kong vs Godzilla, Mothra vs. Godzilla, Monster Zero, 1984, Godzilla vs Mothra, Godzilla X Megaguirus, Tokyo SOS. He's alive, but that's how Toho temporarily feels is most convenient to end Godzilla's reign.

In short Godzilla has always been an unstoppable force and it takes a whole lot to kill him. In the first mechagodzilla movie godzilla took the pounding of his life and still came up the winner. They always say they are multiple godzilla's or that there is one but he regenerates over time or a second godzilla awoke after the first which is weird to me.

In this franchise i think they may have godzilla hypernate and grow from all the radiation the planet has now. he may even get a new design in the upcoming sequel.

40d9f4f6.jpg

I wonder if TOHO will still release another home made movie now that 2014 was a decent success.

I'm curious now if they're afraid to make another man in suit movie?

Special effects have dramatically improved since 94 Final Wars.

I wonder if TOHO will still release another home made movie now that 2014 was a decent success.

I'm curious now if they're afraid to make another man in suit movie?

Special effects have dramatically improved since 94 Final Wars.

I think about this all the time. The Toho films don't have to look so low budget but usually the styles of the director or Toho's comparative financial interest in the Godzilla series seems to make a big factor. Godzilla 2000's FX looked good for the vision they had. And the GMK Godzilla suit had such personality and looked alive, but the CGI in that film is very inconsistent.

Honestly, I think right now would be a great time for Toho to make a new monster film. Why not? Make one in the fashion of the old style kaiju films, a whole new design and background. So how it goes. It could be something that they can integrate into the Toho Godzilla series eventually but for now let Legendary do their thing and test the waters with a relatively little-to-no risk monster film. Someone over there has got to miss making model cities and creating monster costumes.

Back