Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I read a point on another site that got me thinking, this movie put most of the attention on government an military characters with ordinary citizens in the background. I feel like this choice is where they went wrong with bringing emotional weight to the movie. They didn't really portray a Hollywood version of the military where characters are emotional and animated, they we're calm, level headed an focused, the only characters we significantly saw around the monsters were ones that ignored what they were seeing to focus on a mission. Hopefully the sequels will follow more traditional Godzilla with ordinary citizens as the leads and the military just being a presence.

For me, all the problems are things that could be better but weren't bad, just not as good. The movie shows a great deal of potential, which I think is why it's done as well as it has, and hopefully the sequels show the growth you'd expect from this foundation. Even with it's flaws this is still a more enjoyable Godzilla film from start to finish than many of the others in the franchise.

The most amazing, IMO. I *love* the 2014, and having him get up after appearing to be dead is just so badass, especially compared to how the 1998 Zilla ended. :lol

I know some fans want a completely invincible Godzilla, but I like that this film played the angle where man can't hurt Godzilla but his foes can. I also like the idea that he's sort of that old guy who still has enough fight and skill to whip young ones asses, like Rocky 6 or Rambo 4.

I was watching Avatar on TV earlier and couldn't help thinking that as nice as it is, the CGI really looks fake a lot of times and I don't know what they did on Godzilla but he and the MUTOs are the most alive looking CGI creatures I've ever seen, even their movements don't feel like they're doing things that could only happen through cgi.

Correct, and even the background cgi plates looked authentic.

I am very excited for 9/16.

I haven't watched it since my 7 theater viewings. :lol

Last edited:
I was watching Avatar on TV earlier and couldn't help thinking that as nice as it is, the CGI really looks fake a lot of times and I don't know what they did on Godzilla but he and the MUTOs are the most alive looking CGI creatures I've ever seen, even their movements don't feel like they're doing things that could only happen through cgi.

Blue people are hard to believe as real, during some of the shots, especially the nighttime stuff it's very CG looking because none of it looks like stuff that actually exists. The Godzilla monsters are all using realistic textures and based off real animals, so it looks more realistic.

I'm curious what they're going to do with Mothra, it's a very strange monster and I'm not sure if they will do it like it normally is. Like maybe it's just a really big moth, but not a Godzilla sized moth and it's an example of what's causing the really big monsters but doesn't actually fight or anything.

Back