Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the Ghidorah and Mothra Heisei movies worth owning, the only 2 that I don't own from that era.

I like both films. I picked them up at best buy in the two pack. The deal was buy three movies for 20 bucks. So i got taxi driver, Lawrence of Arabia and Godzilla two pack lol

I actually think Godzilla vs Mothra is highly underrated. The Japanese version is actually quite good with possibly my favorite characters in the series.

I just think Godzilla fighting flying monsters gets so boring, so the final battle in GvM:BFE is one of my least favorite, especially in the Hesei series where it's all beam wars.

But, I do like Godzilla's portrayal in that film, as I do in "King Ghidorah". He was truly something to fear, even on a personal level.

I just think Godzilla fighting flying monsters gets so boring, so the final battle in GvM:BFE is one of my least favorite, especially in the Hesei series where it's all beam wars.

But, I do like Godzilla's portrayal in that film, as I do in "King Ghidorah". He was truly something to fear, even on a personal level.

I agree with this. That's why i like some of the older Godzilla movies allot. The suit allowed more movement for some more brutal fights.the battles were toned down quite a bit in the 90s.

I like both films. I picked them up at best buy in the two pack. The deal was buy three movies for 20 bucks. So i got taxi driver, Lawrence of Arabia and Godzilla two pack lol

I actually think Godzilla vs Mothra is highly underrated. The Japanese version is actually quite good with possibly my favorite characters in the series.

They arrived today. :yess:

Screw it, 4K version won't be released anytime soon anyways so I went for the big $11.50 purchase. :lol

But you've got classic moments like Battra throwing the ferris wheel at Godzilla. :rotfl

BwKhbFxCcAIN4RO.jpg:large

Cool. :rock

I'm watching G vs KG.

So, i'm at the scene where the US army is attacking the island dinosaur.

First thing, I thought this movie was going to be crap but boy was I ever wrong, i'm enjoying the story and characters.

Second thing, Island dinosaur sounds exactly like Gamera. :lol

Third, I now know what a Dorat is. :lol

Fourth, that Navy commander, wow. "Resume landing operations?" "Nah, lets go". :lol

I'm anxiously awaiting Godzilla's arrival and battle.

:panic: :panic:

Getting there.

HOLY CRAP, that android running down the highway chasing the red jeep just made this the best Godzilla movie ever! :lol

He's a Terminator with a multidisc CD player inside his head. :lol

Last edited:
I feel like Gareth Edwards tried to make a movie that featured Godzilla but was more reminiscent of Jaws or Jurassic Park where you see the creatures at only select moments. I think that's a pretty brilliant approach. I just think Godzilla (2014) needed a more civilian perspective (like Jaws and JP) and therefore more terror. By making it so military themed it crossed over a little too far toward the first TF movie or Pacific Rim. I still like the new movie more than TF and PR, but I'm a little bit bummed that Edwards didn't hit a homerun out of the park. He was definitely on the right track.

Looking forward to watching it again at home.

I think you're right Khev. And by making it about a soldier and his duty, a stoic almost statuesque one at that, the feeling of horror, terror and helplessness wasn't there for the audience. The film seemed to stop short of that for it's rating. It didnt have to be as dark as the 1954 film, but the military took the disasters right in stride and always seemed to try a new plan. Even when Godzilla first showed up there were already troops ready for him. That was a big fail imo. There wasn't a feeling of reeling. Instead if a homerun it was a double lol.

The Godzilla sequences in "King Ghidorah" rock. Don't care for the rest of the movie but his entrance, the battle, him blasting Shindig at point blank range, and the way he revived under water at the end are worth the money for that movie lol. Any cool extra features?

Back