Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godzilla had 2 great arrival shots in this movie, the airport and the roar from the smoke in San Francisco.

Regardless of screen time, Edwards and company certainly understand how to present him, this movie is packed with amazing Godzilla images.

10540603_803693002994439_2638946503824825995_o.jpg

Toys do not do these monsters justice.

That's funny, that's what I think this Godzilla film lacked was a great entrance. I didn't like how Godzilla was just lured out like it was no real surprise. Serizawa had a plan and like a mouse to cheese Godzilla came out like it had worked 100 times prior. And the foot? That was as lackluster an entrance as there could have been with the budget and FX advantage this film holds over the others. The buildup blew up in their faces imo. I wanted to see how this dude looked coming out of the water for the first time in 60 years and how big he looked to his surroundings in Hawaii. To give me a stomach shot, foot, one quick glimpse and then to cut to the news report was bull****. And, this one doesn't have the epic I***ube tunes to go with it.

This film had memorable moments, but the entrances were forgettable. The exit wasn't much better with the exception of one cool roar before he just plopped himself into the water (to people cheering him on). I also wish his breath was more devastating.

Just wish this film was better. Fox did Days of Future Past so well, Marvel nailed Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy, Dawn of the Apes was a great film, and it even looks like Ninja Turtles may get a kick-ass film done right. But aside from the final battle, Cranston's small role, and the bridge scene with the Mutos, Godzilla was the least fun I've had in a theater this year.

That's funny, that's what I think this Godzilla film lacked was a great entrance. I didn't like how Godzilla was just lured out like it was no real surprise. Serizawa had a plan and like a mouse to cheese Godzilla came out like it had worked 100 times prior. And the foot? That was as lackluster an entrance as there could have been with the budget and FX advantage this film holds over the others. The buildup blew up in their faces imo. I wanted to see how this dude looked coming out of the water for the first time in 60 years and how big he looked to his surroundings in Hawaii. To give me a stomach shot, foot, one quick glimpse and then to cut to the news report was bull****. And, this one doesn't have the epic I***ube tunes to go with it.

This film had memorable moments, but the entrances were forgettable. The exit wasn't much better with the exception of one cool roar before he just plopped himself into the water (to people cheering him on). I also wish his breath was more devastating.

Just wish this film was better. Fox did Days of Future Past so well, Marvel nailed Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy, Dawn of the Apes was a great film, and it even looks like Ninja Turtles may get a kick-ass film done right. But aside from the final battle, Cranston's small role, and the bridge scene with the Mutos, Godzilla was the least fun I've had in a theater this year.

Agreed whole heartedly. Of all the films that came out this year Godzilla was the one I cared for the most to be the best of the bunch, I grew up with godzilla movies so I wanted a great film here. I didn't get the film I wanted, even though I feel I will enjoy it more as time goes on as I now know what kind of film it is. Godzilla is probably the more forgettable film of the summer for me but it was a tough summer for any movie to really come out on top because there was alot of great ones this year. I think Dawn of the apes shows how you can balance your title characters and secondary characters without doing a disservice to anyone. Hopefully future films will demonstrate more balance with it's characters as the Ape films have recently.

I will say, it's a shame that with CGI of today, we got not a single solid shot of Godzilla in the water like waist up or coming out onto land and CGI could have made this work far better than suitmation ever did. The Golden Gate scene came close but not enough, the only shot of him in water was so far away you just got a silhouette.

I wonder if they wanted to avoid water as much as possible to not have it confused in an way with Pacific Rim?

It was a very tough summer. Xmen stands out to me because it came out really right after Godzilla and it zapped me of the hype. Plus, I'm one of those people who think Hugh Jackman is wonderful as Wolverine (still do) but to see him just outplayed by young Magneto who stole every scene he was in and young Xavier, that film felt so fresh. I agree with your points about Dawn. Guardians blew me away. And how to train your dragon i felt like Toothless was a better Godzilla than Godzilla was lmao.

I will say, it's a shame that with CGI of today, we got not a single solid shot of Godzilla in the water like waist up or coming out onto land and CGI could have made this work far better than suitmation ever did. The Golden Gate scene came close but not enough, the only shot of him in water was so far away you just got a silhouette.

I wonder if they wanted to avoid water as much as possible to not have it confused in an way with Pacific Rim?
You still haven't seen thos film right MF?

Bait-and-switch aside, Godzilla's design looked better on film than the way they hyped him up in merchandising. But it would have been nice if they got creative with some of the sequences knowing they had the fx to do it. The kill-shot is probably the one scene where I literally thought "okay thats one of the best parts in a Godzilla movie ever". The fight is great but as far as feeling that there is some extraordinary event or incredible mythological monster on screen, the movie felt like it knew the audience has seen hundreds of Godzilla films already and didnt feel like they wanted to make it feel special.

Im sure the sequels will boost up the visuals. Imagine this one coming through or out of a mountain or volcano like he did in "Sea Monster"?

I hope one of the sequels has an early fight where it looks like Godzilla may have been killed and then have him make a big return later.

How can someone not think this is a cool monster? Dems crazy!

I actually thought they were pretty cool, it's just we hardly got any scenes where they got to do anything badass against Godzilla, that's the only disappointing part.

Just FYI... Godzilla accomplished 2 milestones this weekend... 200 million domestic and 500 million worldwide box office! The film may not have lived up to expectations, however, the loyal fan following is obviously still around and strong! :clap

Back