Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I think they can take a solid movie and make it more than that. There's plenty of good in the TE but it needs more.

Studio nonsense is a funny thing. :lol

Any news when this is due to land on Blu?

Not yet, although MF said maybe November.

My gut is telling me that the delay is because they are working on an extended cut.

That or they're waiting on the Japan release to happen.

Latest rumor along with images of the cases is September for France, can't imagine they'd get it much ahead of the US.

AMC had a JAws marathon today and since it got brought up so many times in this thread, I wonder if Godzilla 2 will follow Jaws 2 up in the sense that it showed the shark more early and often. Now in Jaws, that probably resulted in it being less scary (I can only guess though because I've watched all the Jaws films since I was like 6 and I never found any of them scary), but in the case of Godzilla, it should be better. I understand building the suspense and seeing only parts of the creature in the case of a horror film. It's more creepy, like how it was in Alien as well. But I wonder if Edwards realized how much backlash he would get by not showing much of Godzilla and by cutting away from the fights. I wonder if he just didn't see that reaction coming or if he did and said **** it anyway.

And I wonder how similar Godzilla will look in Godzilla 2 to the first film. Not only does Hollywood seem to like to make slight changes to sell more merchandise or marketing purposes, but with Godzilla's history for radical changes to his design for no apparent reason (on screen atleast), I wonder if Edwards will have any fun with that.

I was wondering that myself. They'd build a new suit pretty much every movie, so why not follow that with this trilogy? I don't expect then to look too different from eachother, but it'd be cool to get some slight variation.

And let's face it, three different Legendary designs would make a pretty cool shelf display -- especially if X-Plus ends up getting the license. Lots of potential coolness with these movies, it just needs to be tapped properly.

I was wondering that myself. They'd build a new suit pretty much every movie, so why not follow that with this trilogy? I don't expect then to look too different from eachother, but it'd be cool to get some slight variation.

And let's face it, three different Legendary designs would make a pretty cool shelf display -- especially if X-Plus ends up getting the license. Lots of potential coolness with these movies, it just needs to be tapped properly.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how Godzilla will evolve. Now that he got the initial design to look "realistic", I wonder if he feels like now he can add more maple-leaf looking spines or maybe give him those fangs that I've been ****ing about for like 8 months now lol. Maybe explain it as Godzilla absorbing all the nuke's radioactivity from the movie since Toho never gave two poops about explaining why Godzilla got trapped in ice in Gigantis and came out in King Kong vs Godzilla about four weightclasses heavier and losing two toes and ears lol.

cinefexjapan201401.jpg

Yeah...I just find the page layout interesting. Seems like a neat article even though it looks like it has inaccuracies.

Back