Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like you're one of the biggest Godzilla fans on this forum. What did you think of the new movie?

I probably am, but I'm now the proud daddy of an 8 day old and haven't been able to see the movie yet, though I've seen a number of clips and heavily followed the whole film since production began.

I will be waiting for Blu Ray to enjoy the film at home with my baby boy.

Yeah, go ahead MF, tell him what you thought of the movie. :lol

Smart ass :lol

Good point. I guess it wasn't so much that they were "new," it was that they felt so derivative and generic to me. They were kind of a cross between the Starship Trooper bugs and the Cloverfield monster. I don't know, it just seemed very familiar. Most of the Pacific Rim beasties had instantly cool and unique looks to them IMO and I just think they could have done a better job with the MUTO's.

Yeah they are, and as Maulfan said, I believe it's intended to be that way. There's shades of Rodan, Mothra, King Kong and Cloverfield in the Mutos.

I love the PR kaiju but a lot of them are pretty derivative as well. Hell i think three of them are basically the same monster but with a different blade weapon for a head. "Oh put a knife on that ones head...." "Okay what about this one?" "Ummm AN AXE". Brilliant!

Noo but I love all them kaiju :yess:

Yeah, go ahead MF, tell him what you thought of the movie. :lol

You snarky SOB :lol

I probably am, but I'm now the proud daddy of an 8 day old and haven't been able to see the movie yet, though I've seen a number of clips and heavily followed the whole film since production began.

I will be waiting for Blu Ray to enjoy the film at home with my baby boy.

Well congratulations!!! :clap

Obviously the movie has been out longer than 8 (now 9) days but I'm guessing you were concerned about seeing it the month your wife was due and getting "that call" in the middle of the theater? :)

I didn't like the MUTO designs. Not because I thought they were derivative of anything, but because I thought they were kind of boring and generic.

Box Office Mojo:

With the World Cup kicking off this weekend, the overseas box office was a bit slower than usual.

The big story is Godzilla's mammoth $36 million debut in China. That's the biggest three-day opening ever there for Warner Bros. Overall, Godzilla has now earned $248.3 million overseas, and still has Japan on the way in late July.

I think Hesei had it's best overall films between '84 and '91 vs Ghidorah, after that I feel like it was a steady decline with a slight recovery in vs Destroyah but that overall movie wasn't great but the highlights were more numerous and quality than the other 3 films in between.

Also, Walmart has 11/18 for a Blu Ray release of 2014, they're the only store with a date but if that's legit I could be waiting awhile.

Maybe the studio is forcing an extended cut on GE, which is obviously different than a directors cut, which GE would say we have already.

This movie could benefit from more action, the studio knows this.

I just wonder if GE would view it as a slap on the face though.

I think Hesei had it's best overall films between '84 and '91 vs Ghidorah, after that I feel like it was a steady decline with a slight recovery in vs Destroyah but that overall movie wasn't great but the highlights were more numerous and quality than the other 3 films in between.

Also, Walmart has 11/18 for a Blu Ray release of 2014, they're the only store with a date but if that's legit I could be waiting awhile.

Ok, Space Godzilla was way too long. :lol

Holy crap SG wouldn't die.

My son watched it with me while he was already tired.

My son stressed out and started crying when baby godzilla got kidnapped, he kept asking over and over if Godzilla would get his son back.

Holy crap, when Godzilla went into the ocean at the end without baby godzilla, my son lost it!

Then I gave him to my wife for bed time while he was still crying.

Man is my wife is pissed, I think i'm in Godzilla suspension. :lol

What's everyones favorite Heisei movie?

MF I know is 85.

Toss up between Biollante and Destoroyah. I think destooroyah.

Ok, Space Godzilla was way too long. :lol

Holy crap SG wouldn't die.

My son watched it with me while he was already tired.

My son stressed out and started crying when baby godzilla got kidnapped, he kept asking over and over if Godzilla would get his son back.

Holy crap, when Godzilla went into the ocean at the end without baby godzilla, my son lost it!

Then I gave him to my wife for bed time while he was still crying.

Man is my wife is pissed, I think i'm in Godzilla suspension. :lol

This is why Godzilla aint married :lol

Biollante is the best one I feel. 84 is right after. If I had to pick a third id pick destroyah.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back