Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont the commercials so hundreds of people being swept away by the tsunami and the dog included? Plus the airport scene looked like mass carnage.

If this movie shots away from the body count shown on screen than its a major letdown.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Unless they're playing it that everyone just flat out drowns under it, I would have thought you'd see some people fighting to swim but I just see cars and debris.

13600483993_9421b06066_o.jpg

But we also haven't seen the whole scene.

They haven't shown it, but I wonder if there'll be indication of people not outrunning the tsunami. I've see cars washing by but not like bodies or anything. I am curious how they'll explain a fleet of navy ships off the coast when Godzilla arrives, military presence in the city, but yet, a luau stilll going on like nothing's different.

If you really want to know (based off the previews they've shown to press):

Spoiler Spoiler:

Actually the current of the waves would actually make a big undertow, so people are likely underwater being thrashed.

Actually the current of the waves would actually make a big undertow, so people are likely underwater being thrashed.

I'm not sure this can be applied here, but that's what happens when you wipeout while surfing and to add to the discussion earlier... I hope this movie doesn't shy away from the body count. Gojira didn't and it helped to make that movie more heartfelt.

Well I agree with the statement, imo in may be a cgi budget to cut out 1x1 pixels floating in the water. :lol

When a tsunami hits you basically the only way to survive is up. Get to a higher elevation than the water itself, otherwise you will die. Even if you get in a building you will die unless you get above the water level which of course means climbing stairs. I'm talking from experience and known a few folks that went thru some bad ones namely an uncle who was in Alaska in 64 when I was a kid and a colleague who was on vacation in SE Asia during Christmas almost 10 years ago. I've been fascinated since I was a kid with natural phenomena(I hate the word disaster) bottom line there is no stopping that water coming except to get above the water level. Historically some miracles happen in regards to survival though.

Gareth Edwards' personal Godzilla statue.

The head looks smaller than it actually is on the final design (hell, he looks like a Goomba from the Super Mario Bros. movie). Rest of the statue looks gorgeous, though. Love the paint apps and overall sculpt.

Back