Legend Studios Lit Display case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uploadfromtaptalk1395255140214.jpg

My 1/4 Scale 6 pack .

Sorry for keeping you waiting - I checked the interior measurements for you:

The interior of the display case for 1/4 scale figures is 20,67 x 7 x 11 inch (52,5 x 17,8 x 28 cm).

Hope your figure will fit!

Thank you so much! I can't believe they would not advertise the actual interior dimensions, so good to know. Thanks again.

if you have space to stack them etc it would have made more sense to get detolfs... of cause I have no clue if there is Ikea in UAE and what the pricing is like. these cases are great but not the best value and look better if used individually in unique fitting spaces

Besides the high price tag of that "six pack" - how long does it take you, to turn all lights on? Do you have to touch all 12 units separately, or did you find a solution to power up all at once?

if you have space to stack them etc it would have made more sense to get detolfs... of cause I have no clue if there is Ikea in UAE and what the pricing is like. these cases are great but not the best value and look better if used individually in unique fitting spaces

You are correct im the sense that they are not the best value for money. Shipping them over cost me close to $200 . We have 2 Ikeas over here and the Detolf costs about $61. The reason I bought these originally was to house some my statues ( Premium Formats specifically ) but reality struck when they arrived with the limited internal space. Having said that they do come in handy for 1/4 scale figures if you have limited space. Detolfs would have taken much more space than this arrangement. I'm chalking this expense down to experience.

On a side note , I unfortunately also have 12 more ( 6 1/4 and 6 1/6 ) on preorder from SS which I can't cancel .... oh well cest la vie.

The light up effect is gimmicky at best. After a couple of days you would rarely bother unless someone is visiting etc. I don't have them wired together so if required I turn them on individually.

I think these lined up look actually quite nice I am just not fond of these stacked up for some reason. Maybe if you have the space make a floating shelf for all of them. The few I have I eventually want to short the touch switch and hook them up to my PC power supply which I can remotely power on and off using an RF AC switch and is already driving a bunch of other display lights. yeah can't be bothered turning them on and off individually ;)

So I purchased mine from Sideshow and I finally opened it up today to out it together. They gave me the mirror backing, but the 3 acrylic sides are nowhere to be found. There's what appears to be wooden backings, and at first I thought they were them with just protective sticker on them, but nope. I'm very surprised that they could overlook this when factory sealing it.

They shipped yours to you? I ordered mine a long while ago with a coupon, it was about to be shipped a month or 2 ago, then I got an email shortly after saying it was postponed or something... :gah:

So I purchased mine from Sideshow and I finally opened it up today to out it together. They gave me the mirror backing, but the 3 acrylic sides are nowhere to be found. There's what appears to be wooden backings, and at first I thought they were them with just protective sticker on them, but nope. I'm very surprised that they could overlook this when factory sealing it.

The three acrylic pieces are supposed to be covered with brown protective adhesive on both sides. Very surprised they didn't cath that.

I talked to their CS and was told that the orders for the black cases are on hold because of a delay in them receiving the shipment. I was assured that it would only be about a month.

I'm considering cancelling my Legends Studio Display (due to all the recent pre-order reveals) since they delayed my order that was supposed to ship in January for some reason and putting my QS001 on display in a BESTA. Does it look better in the Lighthouse in something larger?

The three acrylic pieces are supposed to be covered with brown protective adhesive on both sides. Very surprised they didn't cath that.

I talked to their CS and was told that the orders for the black cases are on hold because of a delay in them receiving the shipment. I was assured that it would only be about a month.

Ok, I noticed it did come with these long brown things and I thought that maybe they had the brown protective stuff on there, but for the life of me I can't get it off.

Ok, I noticed it did come with these long brown things and I thought that maybe they had the brown protective stuff on there, but for the life of me I can't get it off.

It was a pain in the *** to get it off. I originally bought 4 cases, so I had to peel off 12 of those. Start at a corner and pick at the point with your finger nail. Once you get it up a little, pull a little at a time diagonally. Pieces of the paper will tear off and each time you have to try and pick at another little section to get it started again. You definitely have to be patient.

Besides the high price tag of that "six pack" - how long does it take you, to turn all lights on? Do you have to touch all 12 units separately, or did you find a solution to power up all at once?

I have 5 of these myself, I think a solution might be this: https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Le...9571744&sr=8-4&keywords=wireless+power+switch

Leave them turned on and connected to those and you have a wireless switch. Until I get time to wire them all up using USB>EXTENSION CORD>WIRELESS POWER SWITCH, I'll just have to be like Vanna White and power them all up with the light touch of the unit. :huh

Just got one of these for one of my 1/4 scale and now want more. Are these still being made?

Wow, that was quite a delay! I had this on pre-order before, got an email back in January I think that it was coming soon, then all of a sudden that it would be delayed. I guess they've finally arrived?

I order three of these. I was hoping to put SS Joker PF and Storm or QOD in them. Maybe Baroness. Now reading thru the entire thread i don't think these will fit.. I might have to cancel.. I wish there where more pic of PF . But thank you for the information here.

I keep going back and forth with specs. Not sure any PF i have will fit like Joker ,Storm or QOD coming.

Back