Legend Studios Lit Display case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, finished with everything. The MLH display cases & the cabinets below all have 6" LED bars mounted inside. The lower cabinets' LEDs are mounted on swivel brackets. All 6 lights run on 1 power supply & dimmer is mounted on the back behind the QS002.

So I just got mine yesterday. After setting it up and giving the pvc a good wipe down I am quite pleased with it. I'm still waiting on my 1/4 batman to put inside of it so Bane will have to make do for the time being haha :impatient:

The PVC and bases are quite nice, the PVC doesn't feel too flimsy and the bases do their job. The completed display is quite heavy 4-5kg, hence the $60 I paid to have it shipped from China, (which arrived in only 5 days from inxpro of which I was shocked as I was given an estimate of 2-3 weeks).

It is quite the dust collector though and be careful of fingerprints as expected with such large, clear surfaces.

Overall very pleased, good price and will definitely be getting the wider, diorama sized one if the future

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

unfortunately not since there is about 2-3mm of space between the pvc and the bottom/top stands of the case. that would give you about a 5mm space in-between the two case when sat next to each other.

Bummer. Thanks for the response tho

so led lighting wont fade my figures at all? I just ordered some of those led strips to put in a book case im using as a display.
I would like to get one of these cases for my 1/4 batman tho. The pics posted with him in it are amazing.

Do these things automatically turn on if you have a switch outlet? I have all my display cases on a switch, and it would be a pain if this didn't automatically turn on.

Do these things automatically turn on if you have a switch outlet? I have all my display cases on a switch, and it would be a pain if this didn't automatically turn on.

They have a master switch on both the top and bottom panels which when on allows the touch sensor to operate. When I ran mine on batteries, I found my touch sensor was temperamental and had to switch on and off with the switches at the back. I have since starting using a uSB power supply which is plugged in continuously and I just turn on and off with the touch sensor.
In answer to your question, if you are plugged into the mains power with the USB cable and the rear switches are on, you can turn the lights on and off by just switching the power on at the mains. No need to touch the light box at all. :)

these are really cool! i want one but have no clue what i would display in it. the brainstorming begins!

As a previous owner, I'd say your pretty restricted in terms of space as to what you could display. For example, you'd need a piece that was in a more museum pose rather than anything dynamic. Unfortunately, the narrowness of this display case would be it's only drawback from being a very cool and affordable option to display your 1/4 figures.

I for one used my case to display by 1:1 Endo Skeleton T-800 bust...

zyga7yry.jpg

OK, finished with everything. The MLH display cases & the cabinets below all have 6" LED bars mounted inside. The lower cabinets' LEDs are mounted on swivel brackets. All 6 lights run on 1 power supply & dimmer is mounted on the back behind the QS002.

Lovely display Karnis. Massive congrats on a job well done their my friend :clap

I want one shelf about 3ft in length with the Man of Steel superman 1/6 and the artfx superman of tomorrow on display with a poster of Supes right above it. would buying just one of these for the MOS supes look kinda dumb or should i buy one for the artfx aswell? im trying to picture it in my mind and idunno

I have a question for you that have the master light house I have a few on pre-order with SSC . If any one has the MOS jor-el figure Does the base fit in the master light house . thank you for your time.

No mate, you can't. A single DX base takes 70% of the width (and almost full depth) of the case. If you want to put in two figures you would have the use the rectangular ones or none at all.

Those look great! Really awesome option if you dont have IKEA by you or have larger figs to display.

Does anyone know if Igor/hulk/Ironmonger would fit in this case? Or the new dynamics figure stand?

Back