Legend Studios Lit Display case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys i just stumbled upon this product just few weeks ago.. Iam planning on buying multiples of this to be used as a replacement Hall Of Armor ver2 (i dont wanna use the styro HoA) i bought 7 Pcs original HoA plus thinking of buying a few of this as many as how many Hot Toys decides on hpw many IM suit they are going to release anyway for my questions..

1) Is sideshow the best place to order this? I live here in Canada..
2) If i order from sideshow how many is the max number i can order?
a) Also if i order more than one or example i order 10 of these is there a way to save some $$$ from shipping?
3) Is there a way to interconnect more than 1 of this if i plan on not using batteries to run this?
a) If yes how many would be the safe number?

Jellowpy, I wish I could give you answers. I do know I've got two cases, side by side, and have yet to figure out how to connect them together. The only option I know is to use a USB splitter.

I actually have a question too, and I'm hoping this thread isn't dead. I just got by lighthouses set up, and the lights will not stay on. One moment they are on, then shut off the next, and it's random too. The top lights will go out, while the bottom stay on and vice versa. I have them plugged in using the USB right now. I'm not sure what to do! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Plus, any way around running my finger across their fronts to turn them on (that sounded less pervy in my head). I have all my display lights hooked to a central switch, so turning them every time is a bit of an annoyance.

Again, any help would be great!

I don't have any of these - was actually in this thread considering them - but Fearless Jay, it sounds like there's a connection that isn't making good contact somewhere. Probably a loose wire, but could be a bad soldering job too in the circuit. You'd have to take the thing apart to know.

As far as the front piece - again, I don't have one - but from dealing with other touch circuits in the past, it's probably designed so that once power is cut, it resets, so you have to touch it to turn it on when power is restored. Pretty common. I doubt there's a good solution to that one besides, again, doing some electronics work. I bet there's someone on here who would know how to rewire the thing better.

I bought one, had a miserable experience, just wouldn't light up due to bad connection. Blink and gone, blink and gone... Beautiful display but sucks it does not work properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gotta say, if you're looking to buy these then buy with caution. I purchased another 2 just before Christmas and they're absolutely fine but the previous 2 (bought in October) are now 50% as bright as they once were. That's a 50% reduction in less than 2 months and they've not been left on all that time either.

As others have said you can't just buy new LEDs either, and the suppliers don't get any spares to ship out to the buyer, then the final insult being you can't contact the makers of these cases at all as they don't have a website. :gah: utter waste of money unless I can find a solution.

Sorry to hear that bro. I almost bought one last year with a coupon but opted out at the last minute.

Gotta say, if you're looking to buy these then buy with caution. I purchased another 2 just before Christmas and they're absolutely fine but the previous 2 (bought in October) are now 50% as bright as they once were. That's a 50% reduction in less than 2 months and they've not been left on all that time either.

As others have said you can't just buy new LEDs either, and the suppliers don't get any spares to ship out to the buyer, then the final insult being you can't contact the makers of these cases at all as they don't have a website. :gah: utter waste of money unless I can find a solution.

Hi SmoothEmjay, were you able to find a solution? How are the 2 newer cases that you have? Did they start to dim out as well or are the LED lights still going strong?
Are any other Master Legend case owners having the same issue as SmoothEmjay?

Ok, well I did some research as I haven't heard from anyone. For those of you who need replacement lights, here you go:

BAM! :clap

Legend Studio Master Light Base - Black - Legend Studios Display Cases

LGS10006.jpg
================================
A pack for $12.99 courtesy of our friends at BBTS!

Details:
1 Base + 4 LED Lights (White)
Product Number: LGS10006
Shipping Weight: 0.20 pounds

And, you're welcome!
:lol

I'm glad they have this as my 1/4 Case will be arriving soon! Boo YAH!

Bringing this thread back to life! I have 7 of the cases side by side by side as I don't like to use stands so I put my 1/6 figures in them so if they fall over they don't...they just lean. I have them all connected via usb to rechargeable batteries but like some they are getting dimmer. This is my plan. I am going to remove the side walls between the cases. Then I am going to velcro them together to provide stability,especially when taking out the front wall to make adjustments. The reason I am going to remove side walls is because I am going to run a LED strip from the far left case to the far right case along the black tops (LED will point down). Can't decide if I am going to run along the front wall or the back wall near back mirrors. I will probably also use a diffuser for LED strip. Any thoughts??

Bringing this thread back to life! I have 7 of the cases side by side by side as I don't like to use stands so I put my 1/6 figures in them so if they fall over they don't...they just lean. I have them all connected via usb to rechargeable batteries but like some they are getting dimmer. This is my plan. I am going to remove the side walls between the cases. Then I am going to velcro them together to provide stability,especially when taking out the front wall to make adjustments. The reason I am going to remove side walls is because I am going to run a LED strip from the far left case to the far right case along the black tops (LED will point down). Can't decide if I am going to run along the front wall or the back wall near back mirrors. I will probably also use a diffuser for LED strip. Any thoughts??
I have 8 of these cases and would love to see your idea in a photo when you're done.

I have 8 of these cases and would love to see your idea in a photo when you're done.

Thanks...it will probably be this weekend before I get to do much. So far brainstorming:

1. Remove all figures - ugh
2. Start at far left case. Remove right wall of it and left wall of next case. Put black velcro along top and bottom of black black borders. Stick together. Repeat.
3. Get the same 16' LED strip as I have.
4. Once all 7 cases are velcro'd together, remove the front walls (this is why velcro them together is important....all the cases in the middle will only have the back wall at this point. Being attached to each other will provide support.
5. Start at back corner of far right case. Stick the LED strip all the way across the top back of all seven cases. When at far left case, come forward to front and then run along the front of all seven cases and when at far right, go back to where you started.
6. Put LED diffuser along all the lights.
7. Put figures back in, put fronts on.
8. Turn on LED lights with IR remote like all my Besta cases have.

Ugh. Plan may not be a go. Got home and looked at it. Cases MAY look ok with side panels removed (there is a gap between front panels) but my biggest concern is if one figure goes over they all could. Reason for using these cases is so I don't have to use stands. Tried an led spotlight in middle of top panel and it didn't provide enough light. Have to figure out how to get led strips into each without having to run separately for each case.

Trying to find some circular 12v led lights. Drill small hole in celing and run wire thru it (hopefully not hit any electronics). I have some small discs but don't light up enough. Need something like 4-5" diameter.

1.jpg

Man, I love these displays. Have bought 4 of them for my 1:4 NECA Turtles.

Only major downside is powering the lights. Before I bought them I assumed I could connect them to my time switches like my other cabinets. Really love it when the lights turn on automatically when it's getting dark outside.

So I used the USB cable and connected it to a time swith. The lights go off automatically, but to turn them on I constantly have to touch the upper and bottom part. Since I only want to let them shine im the evening (esthetical and power reasons) I'm wondering if there is a way to manipulate it and let them turn on via time switch. Off course I don't want to turn on all 4 cases manually every day.

I can see the touch sensors in the slits and placed something to touch it but it doesn't work. Right now I decided to let the lights shine permanently, so all day and night. But I think the LED's will run down very fast and it's a bit of a waste during daytime.

Anybody got advice? Thanks in advance!

The LED will run down and dim if you leave them on 24/7. I highly recommend only turning them on when in the room.

The Master Revolving House makes the Lighthouse version obsolete. The one puck LED at the top is daylight bright. No dark spots at all. You can also connect multiple cases together (good for extra space and dioramas) and the base can rotate your figure.

See the videos on YouTube. I got 2 of them currently in transit.

The LED will run down and dim if you leave them on 24/7. I highly recommend only turning them on when in the room.

Yes, indeed. I think the lights are already less bright. I real don't want to turn all 8 switches on manually. If they are burned out I think I take them out, place 2 led strips in it and drill a hole in the upper and lower part for the wire. That way I can connect them to a time switch.

Did you already drilled your cases? If so, do you have pictures or advice where I can drill the best?

Back