Legend Studios Lit Display case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered four more of the cases from them. They are supposed to be in within the next month and a half, hopefully there isn't a delay. I wish they would state the shipping ahead of time, I'm really curious what it's going to be.

:( I'll be ordering from BBTS once again, SS does sell them but the color scheme kills it for me. Any idea if they carry black on black 1/4 scale, vs. what they're selling black and white?

Anyone know which one the new 1/6th Darth Vader will fit in. Also will that big round Vader base fit in too? TIA.

I just received 3 of the 1/6 scale ones today. I don't own the Darth Figure but can tell you that the size is much smaller than I originally anticipated. I will be experimenting in a while with some of my figures and revert .

Does anyone know if the SSC Cobra Commander PF will fit in the 1/4 scale case? I took the measurements and it looks very close.

Does anyone know if the SSC Cobra Commander PF will fit in the 1/4 scale case? I took the measurements and it looks very close.

I have he 1/6 scale ones at the moment. Do you want me to check if he fits in there ?

For reference here is the Tamashii C3PO in the 1/6 version

uploadfromtaptalk1391861477934.jpg

Indeed, they offer 36 cm height on the inside. Vader should fit without that clunky base though.

I'm trying to get one of the 1/4 scale versions for my Cobra Commander PF, but now they are waitlisted on SSC. They all went from PO to checking stock and now some are WL...

Wish the lights weren't blue, otherwise this would be a no brainer purchase for me

These concerns kept me from buying this display case, too! Even if these LEDs aren't blue, but just cold white, they would look really terrible in my collection, because I light up all of my collectibles using warm white LEDs (2700 K). I bought it a few days ago anyway - and just in case somebody was still wondering: Yep, it looks awful in combination:

gipsykaltdfjl8.jpg

But I was able to modify the light up function using LEE-Filters - you will lose some overall amount of light, but get a more suitable color temperature:

gipsywarmf9jyp.jpg

Just in case, somebody has the same issue: I used a sheet of "628 Three Quarter Digital LED C.T.O. Filter" - had also tested a sheet of 624 Full Digital LED C.T.O., but that one lowered the color temperature too much.

Did anybody that ordered these from Sideshow receive information when they are supposed to be shipped?

I've heard nothing beyond a vague email from Sideshow. Here is the text of the email I received from Jeff Dean:

"Dear Sideshow Collector,

Thank you for your order of the Lighted Display Case - Black Regular Size. We are writing to inform you of an update on the shipment of your order.

As of this time we will not be getting the Lighted Display Case - Black Regular Size in, the original delivery date we were given was incorrect; and due to the delay we will not be able to complete your order on the original date given.

As of this time we are not sure when the Lighted Display Case - Black Regular Size will arrive; but you will be notified via email as soon as we have more information. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to be able to ship your order as soon as possible.

If you need to make any changes to this order, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at [email protected] or call us directly at 855-SIDESHOW.

We appreciate your understanding and patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Jeff Dean"

Not exactly enlightening.

Did anybody that ordered these from Sideshow receive information when they are supposed to be shipped?

I've heard nothing beyond a vague email from Sideshow. Here is the text of the email I received from Jeff Dean:

"Dear Sideshow Collector,

Thank you for your order of the Lighted Display Case - Black Regular Size. We are writing to inform you of an update on the shipment of your order.

As of this time we will not be getting the Lighted Display Case - Black Regular Size in, the original delivery date we were given was incorrect; and due to the delay we will not be able to complete your order on the original date given.

As of this time we are not sure when the Lighted Display Case - Black Regular Size will arrive; but you will be notified via email as soon as we have more information. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to be able to ship your order as soon as possible.

If you need to make any changes to this order, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at [email protected] or call us directly at 855-SIDESHOW.

We appreciate your understanding and patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Jeff Dean"

Not exactly enlightening.

I got the same email. They need to hurry it along with this already!

I didn't receive any e-mail from them and they also have my deposit. On my order page it says "processing". I guess I need to make a phone call. If you look at their site right now, it shows the items as available with a limit of one per person. I wonder if the right hand is aware of what the left hand is doing?

These concerns kept me from buying this display case, too! Even if these LEDs aren't blue, but just cold white, they would look really terrible in my collection, because I light up all of my collectibles using warm white LEDs (2700 K). I bought it a few days ago anyway - and just in case somebody was still wondering: Yep, it looks awful in combination:

View attachment 98783

But I was able to modify the light up function using LEE-Filters - you will lose some overall amount of light, but get a more suitable color temperature:

View attachment 98786

Just in case, somebody has the same issue: I used a sheet of "628 Three Quarter Digital LED C.T.O. Filter" - had also tested a sheet of 624 Full Digital LED C.T.O., but that one lowered the color temperature too much.

What figure and size case is that?

If I may ask, are the published dimensions for the interior and are they accurate? The figure I want to put inside will be a close fit.

Sorry for keeping you waiting - I checked the interior measurements for you:

The interior of the display case for 1/4 scale figures is 20,67 x 7 x 11 inch (52,5 x 17,8 x 28 cm).

Hope your figure will fit!

Back