Legend Studios Lit Display case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in several as well. I wouldn't mind going in on some with you.

Btw yes the case closes up pretty much airtight. No gaps for dust to get in from what I can see. And the EB T-800 BD w stand barely clears the case. Forgot the HT Endo is quite a bit shorter

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I just received 4 of these cases and the first one I put together, the light only flickered on then off. I had to hold the top down with my hand to get the light to stay on. If I turned off the switch, then turned it back on, the light didn't work again. In order to get the bottom lights to work, I had to turn the case over and again hold down the black part. Has anyone else had any problems with the lights?

Actually a lot of ppl don't tea stage instructions thinking this is a sumo ole case o welcoming the touch ditch in the front of the plastic base/top. Thats included my LCS ;). So when you switch it on it flashes on briefly and that's it. Then you need to touch the centre of the front to turn it on. The touch switch is not as reliable I found though. As for your observation most likely when you thought you needed to hold it to turn it on all you really did is touching the touch switch part accidentally ;)

You are right, I tried the touch and it worked for the top portion. My ottom portion will only work with the touch when a portion of the base is not touching anything. If it is sitting flat on a tale, the base won't work, but if I bring it forward to the edge of the table and let it go over the due a bit, then it works. Very strange.

yeah the touch circuit is flacky and I want to take a closer look at it when I get a chance. One of my sets will only work properly when the front panel is sitting loosely on the bottom base. If you take a peek there is a copper plate in that area that is responsible for picking up the static discharge. It is right where the gap is for the panel and I see that they are not protected from the panel and can easily be crushed by it too and maybe related to your issue?
Ultimately I want to circumvent it so I can wire all the lights up to a USB hub and a remote switch to turn it all on w a switch of a button.

Even more strange and I am no where near close to being able to explain this. All my LS cases (I tested 2x 1/4 and 1x 1/6) when placed on my custom shelf with integrated CCFL lights as a light box will turn on automatically with my CCFL lights, no touching!!!! To top that off it also turns off with the lights but only after a second cycle of on/off??!!!! I mean ok touch sensitive switch must be sensitive to very low static level discharge but still almost seem like black magic

Thanks for the info. I need to choose wisely where I display these cases. Thinking in advance, what do you do if a bulb goes? Can they unscrew and come out and are replacements bulbs available anywhere?

LEDs last a long time. Usually it's everything around it that goes first eg cheap LED flashlights usually just die due to poor soldering jobs. Don't think you need to worry too much about these as the bulbs are essentially just LEDs soldered to a connector. also heat is the trigger but these are relatively low power and emit no heat that I can tell so again don't think too much to worry about

Interesting indeed. But half the lights. Not like the ones in the rear really do a lot but its good to have spares

How cramped is the EB bats in this guy? if he even fits. Going off the specs he should just about fit inside. Anyone have a pic of him inside by any chance?

8380.jpg

Anyone know if the Sideshow T-800 1:1 Endoskeleton Bust would fit inside one of these case (be it either the 1/6 scale or the 1/4 scale versions)?

Anyone know if these are completely dust free I hate buying a case and then dust still gets in there

Back