Legend of Korra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am a huge fan of the original series. How does this one compare? Is it worth buying?

If you haven't seen it yes it is good. Is it as good as Avatar Last Airbender? No but still a great toon series. It is worth it and highly recommended

i am a huge fan of the original series. How does this one compare? Is it worth buying?

I actually like Korra herself better than Ang (he was always to much of a goodie goodie to me) and Amon was a great villain but the TLA had a better developed cast and story overall. LOK is still great though and worth a watch.

Yes, it's worth buying. I got my set for ~$13 off Amazon. I won't say if its as good or better than TLA. I like to view it as one whole universe. They're different but both entertain me a lot. Character development isn't as good due to a limited number of episodes. Or so it would seem until you rewatch it once or twice. I love the show and characters now. The setting, technology, and music are all great too. The limited number of episodes might seem disappointing at first, but the story arc is tighter with no filler episodes.

I think with more or less (?) confirmed 4 seasons there is going to be a better development of the characters, maybe even another team mate. In the end there are still less episodes but knowing that you're able to have that number of episode sure helps and the first season was already pretty good. I just wish there would be high quality figures to buy but it seems there aren't even action figures (which I wouldn't buy anyway). A real shame.

As of which one is better: I wouldn't choose anyone. Both are on the same level, TLA profits from being complete and of course being the first. I think it is great, that they made both series distinct, instead of repeating thereselves.

The Last Airbender had (so far) way more adventure, cooler worlds, and a vast array of colorful supporting characters. I love Amon, but LoK didn't really over relationships between characters the way that TLA did.

I've seen the first two but am having trouble streaming the third episode off Nick's site. I hate that when I pause the show, it won't buffer it in advance like every other website. I don't have cable. This is the only show I really care to tune into regularly.

This freakin starts this week? Holy crap I had no clue! Trailer looks great and getting that DVR ready

WOW Season 3 caught me off guard this year:lol. Next week :blissy

I love this show, I cant believe I havent posted here before. I'm a HUGE korra fan!

My man Zuko makes a comeback this season!!! Been waiting for him to appear since season 1. Hopefully they dont kill him off.

Yay for Firelord Zuko! Tho was that Azula I saw a glimpse of as well?

I didn't see Season 2 'cause I heard it was pretty bad. But season 3 looks interesting.

Back