Last rat standing WIP - PRIVATE COMMISSION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last rat standing WIP

Sorry, the sculptor prefers to be anonymous at this point. Glad you like the sculpting.

Thanks for the ebay note, I'll look into it.

This comes as a complete surprise. May we know the name of the sculptor? His (or her) work is very good.

Scale issues do come up, and I've bought heads that look too small as well as too large. The takeaway for me has been that it's prudent to work with a physical reference for the sculptor, not just written words. Either send the sculptor a head to match or the body you plan to use or both. It will save a lot of grief. I have a private commission in the works right now, and the sculptor has all of the above as well as photo and DVD references.

Since this is an Adam thread, I want to mention that in another thread, it's been pointed out that a recaster called "Q" is selling copies of several sculptors' works. Among them is Adam's Nicholson Joker. Please consider filing a report with eBay. (I don't mean just Adam -- anybody can file a complaint that something is a counterfeit or copy being passed off as original. You do not have to get into trademark issues, and your complaint has to be succinct.)

I put in a couple of hours today...it's getting there.

8585929235_a89d56b4c1_b.jpg

Can't wait to see the finished article Adam! The owner of this is one lucky SOB!!!

If the sculptor turns out to be agreeable with regard to further copies then this could be an interesting prospect. If not then we will follow this with envious eyes.

I'm confused,

You state that the sculpt isn't yours but refer to it in the first person. "I put in a couple of hours today."

Whatever, if the sculptor turns out to be agreeable with regard to further copies then this could be an interesting prospect.

The first sculpt which was completed sometime ago that people bought was not Adams, this however is :dunno

You're confusing Adam talking about a previous sculpt and this new one. This new WIP is his work.

EDIT: Teddy's a knob head.

If the sculptor turns out to be agreeable with regard to further copies then this could be an interesting prospect. If not then we will follow this with envious eyes.

I was talking about a different head, and this one is sculpted by me.

Back