Will EFX make a new Vader mask for Kenobi?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Meda

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to see your thoughts on this discussion. I’m one of the unlucky ones who missed out on an EFX Darth Vader helmet just like many of you. I would kill to have one of the helmets that’s already come out but the prices online and on Ebay are just ridiculous and I really don’t want to pay a thousand dollars and up to a private seller doing commission work for something that’s not even authentic. My thoughts and predictions is that EFX will bring out a newer one for the Kenobi show that’s supposed to air this year. Well I can only hope I guess. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Hey guys, just wanted to see your thoughts on this discussion. I’m one of the unlucky ones who missed out on an EFX Darth Vader mask just like many of you. I would kill to have one of the masks that’s already come out but the prices online and on Ebay are just ridiculous and I really don’t want to pay a thousand dollars and up to a private seller doing commission work for something that’s not even authentic. My thoughts and predictions is that EFX will bring out a newer one for the Kenobi show that’s supposed to air this year. Well I can only hope I guess. What do you guys think?

It's a helmet, not a mask.

There are some independently made helmets out there which are phenomenal. I wouldn't call them all not authentic per se; just unlicensed. But the ones worth getting do cost a lot.

I did have an EFX Vader PCR helmet, which I sold off. It was fine, but not mind blowing. It's not the end of the world for anyone that missed out on that or the other versions. There will always be another Vader in some shape or form, even if it takes a while.

I would not put any hopes in EFX really doing anything. Even if they announced a Vader helmet tomorrow, it would not see the light of day for many years and that's only if it comes out. Which is a big if.

I say that as someone currently with 6 EFX helmets.

M
It's a helmet, not a mask.

There are some independently made helmets out there which are phenomenal. I wouldn't call them all not authentic per se; just unlicensed. But the ones worth getting do cost a lot.

I did have an EFX Vader PCR helmet, which I sold off. It was fine, but not mind blowing. It's not the end of the world for anyone that missed out on that or the other versions. There will always be another Vader in some shape or form, even if it takes a while.

I would not put any hopes in EFX really doing anything. Even if they announced a Vader helmet tomorrow, it would not see the light of day for many years and that's only if it comes out. Which is a big if.

I say that as someone currently with 6 EFX helmets.
My mistake, you’re right it’s a helmet not a mask.

Have you ever heard of Quasimodo, they have some great looking unlicensed Vader helmets from the reviews I’ve seen but the only thing stopping me from getting that is I’ll be paying over a thousand Australian dollars to get a ESB Vader helmet and there’s no inner details once the top of the helmet comes off, it’s not licensed as I said before and if EFX or another great company brings out a new helmet I’ll be burning

Have you ever heard of Quasimodo, they have some great looking unlicensed Vader helmets from the reviews I’ve seen but the only thing stopping me from getting that is I’ll be paying over a thousand Australian dollars to get a ESB Vader helmet and there’s no inner details once the top of the helmet comes off, it’s not licensed as I said before and if EFX or another great company brings out a new helmet I’ll be burning

Yes, that is what I was going to suggest as a follow up. But they always have a fairly long waiting list and I don't know if they still do their background checks on people buying them or if it's easier now. The Quasimodo helmets are definitely grail pieces for a lot folks, though.

Inner details are not really important for me for replicas if the original prop it's based on wasn't like that, but that's up to you of course.

If accuracy is not the biggest factor and you just want a nice, high end Vader with a lot of presence that's licensed... Maybe the Sideshow life-size bust would be a good alternative?

And EFX has made some excellent pieces but I don't think most anyone would call them a great company. They haven't treated a lot of collectors well.

M

I lusted after the Quasimodo ESB Vader for years. Finally jumped in & contacted BookFace in 2019. He contacted me to let me know they were taking a break for a bit on them, but would let me know when they started again. About a year later he let me know they were starting back up, & I received mine this last summer. Absolutely 100% worth the wait! Great guys who love what they make, & it shows in their final product. They asked if I was going to troop in it before they finished it. But, as I don’t troop & it would only be on a stand, they left the inside unfinished (or, unpadded). Inner liners are easy to get on the bay, if you wanted.
I absolutely love this piece, & it was worth every penny! It’s such a beautiful work of art. I contacted Brian Muir & got an signed plaque for it as well.
A34531EA-FAE4-43FA-B58F-BD0B33517895.jpeg

1EE42BDD-B097-4F93-B3FB-CDFAEB5D560C.jpeg

I have an ESB Quasi too and have say that it is a thing of beauty! It’s not cast lineage or licensed but I can guarantee that it sweats Vader!

But depends if you absolutely want a licensed helmet or not.
IMO the vast majority of unlicensed products are far superior than licensed one.
And after all I’ve read about EFX on several forums ( products received until 7 years after ordering, wrong product received, product never received, product received with major flaw etc…), I’m still very surprised that people still order from this company…

Last edited:
I lusted after the Quasimodo ESB Vader for years. Finally jumped in & contacted BookFace in 2019. He contacted me to let me know they were taking a break for a bit on them, but would let me know when they started again. About a year later he let me know they were starting back up, & I received mine this last summer. Absolutely 100% worth the wait! Great guys who love what they make, & it shows in their final product. They asked if I was going to troop in it before they finished it. But, as I don’t troop & it would only be on a stand, they left the inside unfinished (or, unpadded). Inner liners are easy to get on the bay, if you wanted.
I absolutely love this piece, & it was worth every penny! It’s such a beautiful work of art. I contacted Brian Muir & got an signed plaque for it as well.
View attachment 559828
View attachment 559829
This is beautiful mate, I think I’ll end up getting the exact same as you 👌🏽

I have an ESB Quasi too and have say that it is a thing of beauty! It’s not cast lineage or licensed but I can guarantee that it sweats Vader!

But depends if you absolutely want a licensed helmet or not.
IMO the vast majority of unlicensed products are far superior than licensed one.
And after all I’ve read about EFX on several forums ( products received until 7 years after ordering, wrong product received, product never received, product received with major flaw etc…), I’m still very surprised that people still order from this company…
I think you just sold me on this one 😂

;)
more seriously my goal wasn’t to sell you a Quasimodo helmet, it was just to aware you about other options than EFX with a equivalent (better?) quality and a much better communication than EFX.
You also can check the helmets of Mike Warren or JMC helmets.
Personally I felt in love with the Quasimodo because IMO, as I already said, it sweats Vader and it really spoke to me. And Paul and Mac are true Vader lovers.
Check also their « entry level » helmets. Darth Ugly. It’s already a beautiful helmet for a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
Are there any Vader helmets out there cast from the ESB or ROTJ prop helmets? I would love a full life size bust that included the chest box but that doesn't seem to exist anywhere. I'm almost getting desperate enough to just buy the Sideshow life size bust, source a custom chest box, and then try to build my own custom display setup that somehow incorporates both items.

Any recommendations best place to buy a nice light up Vader chest box from ESB/ROTJ? I see one made by Korbanth for $325.

Back