Last rat standing WIP - PRIVATE COMMISSION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last rat standing WIP

Thing is, for instance; if I have privately commissioned this and paid a princely sum for the privilege, why on Earth would Adam then be able to make a run of this at a considerably lower cost?

Adam was just showing his WIP of his latest private commission I believe but I do not want to speak on his behalf.

It could be that the one who commissioned it did not really think it was possible to join in with others for a group commission or perhaps they didn't realize if they did it it would lower cost for them. Not that Adam is not a stellar artist who owning an original one off wouldn't be a privledge.

I know for one I'd pay a premium for this I'd also want others to enjoy it though on an unselfish level though.

On a selfish level I'm tired of the only top notch DC sculpts being unavailable for purchase :( I'd be willing to try and twist the arm of the commissioner to see if he'd be willing to change the order from private to group, and if he was against it I would respect that also.

Thing is, for instance; if I have privately commissioned this and paid a princely sum for the privilege, why on Earth would Adam then be able to make a run of this at a considerably lower cost?

Adam was just showing his WIP of his latest private commission I believe but I do not want to speak on his behalf.

:lecture:exactly:

Respect somebody's commission and just enjoy it!

If I had commissioned it I would be very excited at having a OOAK special piece, part of the reason to pay a premium for it.

The whole 'I want this so others can't' doesn't always enter into it.

Moot point anyway as Adam does not do runs anymore.

Does no one remember the Daniel Craig head Adam did make available?

adam4.jpg

IMO this one is light years better and his last one was pretty oversized.

:slap...and I thought one picture was worth a thousand words. I was trying to suggest that if Adam is having another go at Craig, it would be nice to offer it since so many of us bought the last one having no idea it would be so large. Here's how it compares to his Bale head:

adams.jpg

I'll have to wait until it's finished to comment on whether it's any better than the last (oversized) sculpt. It's a good start, but calling it "the best" is a little premature at this point IMO.

:slap...and I thought one picture was worth a thousand words. I was trying to suggest that if Adam is having another go at Craig, it would be nice to offer it since so many of us bought the last one having no idea it would be so large. Here's how it compares to his Bale head:

adams.jpg

But if somebody is commissioning this head as a OOAK sculpt, why do you feel like he should offer it?

I do not get what is so hard to understand about this concept :dunno

It's implied but not known if that's the case. We'd like to find out for sure and see if he indeed was aware that he could suggest it as a run, that is if Adam as well is open.

Ok, first I'd like to thank everyone here for ur kind compliments. Teddy commissioned a long time ago for the joker head, I'm just finishing up heads for people from a while ago. The pics void posted are different heads, and I am retired in terms of making heads available here as a run. However, I'm open to private commissions every now and then. PS: I am sick of the joker believe me, just finishing up a few before I can move on to other things. I finished a few licensed portraits, still confidential at this point, they are coming soon tho. I 'm also doing a commission of skyfall bond, I guess that's kinda new.

From Adam's Joker thread, not sure if you have seen that or not. He posted that a couple of days ago :dunno

Kato plans to make a Skyfall Bond suit. Would be awesome if this head sculpt was for that project. :panic::panic::panic:

My personal dream team. :exactly:

Maybe Adam doesn't realize that most of us who bought that head wound up saying to ourselves, well, we gambled and lost. Can't make a figure from this one after all. It's just odd to think that one person can privately commission what a lot of us thought we were getting.

But hey, the report that it won't be offered may be wrong, or this may be another 1:5 or 1:4 head in the first place (it's hard to tell from that thumb in the picture). I also recognize that artists gotta eat, and maybe the solid fee and interaction from a single client beats the iffyness of a list of pledges, the hassle of mass castings and mailings, and the grief of thirty art directors at once suggesting mutually incompatible "improvements."

Actually, the best part of all this for me is learning that Adam does take private commissions. Hmmmm.

If what Adam has implied is correct; this is a 1/6 private commission piece.

Again, unless Adam changes his mind, he does not offer runs anymore.

The truth is that I didn't sculpt that head, that head was sculpted by a friend of mine, I was just selling it for him at that time. And I never claimed it was my work. And that head was the standard sideshow 1/6 scale. Compare it to any of 1/6 sideshow star wars heads to see for yourself. Lastly, HT heads are always too small for 1/6 sacle.

Does no one remember the Daniel Craig head Adam did make available?

adam4.jpg

The truth is that I didn't sculpt that head, that head was sculpted by a friend of mine, I was just selling it for him at that time. And I never claimed it was my work.

This comes as a complete surprise. May we know the name of the sculptor? His (or her) work is very good.

Scale issues do come up, and I've bought heads that look too small as well as too large. The takeaway for me has been that it's prudent to work with a physical reference for the sculptor, not just written words. Either send the sculptor a head to match or the body you plan to use or both. It will save a lot of grief. I have a private commission in the works right now, and the sculptor has all of the above as well as photo and DVD references.

Since this is an Adam thread, I want to mention that in another thread, it's been pointed out that a recaster called "Q" is selling copies of several sculptors' works. Among them is Adam's Nicholson Joker. Please consider filing a report with eBay. (I don't mean just Adam -- anybody can file a complaint that something is a counterfeit or copy being passed off as original. You do not have to get into trademark issues, and your complaint has to be succinct.)

Back