Lance Armstrong A Cheat or Legend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guilty or Not Guilty

• Total voters
Everything he said was true in that commercial.

They all cheated he was just worked harded then everyone else who cheated.

* lol at people invested in this waste of time *

* goes to play with dolls *

* pantless *
^^ My idol :1-1:

Goes to show how obsolete those tests were. There was still wiggle room while he denied it. Now it's all over.
Like I posted earlier in this thread, there's always gonna be more money in beating the system than the system puts in trying to keep people in line. The athletes have a lot more money and incentive to keep cheating than do leagues have in providing a legitimate check on them.

Give the money back to Nike, Lance....just do it.

https://youtu.be/MIl5RxhLZ5U
If Nike hadn't made millions and millions from the guy's endorsement, I would agree with you.

They can't. The reason why they can't go faster, and the reason why cars get backed up behind the one ******* in the front who isn't going fast enough is because he's DRIVING TOO ****ING SLOW.

Are we on the same page yet?

One of the reasons he is driving too slow is because he doesn't want to hit the car in front of him. You cannot have vehicles driven by human beings in numbers that currently exist on the road and not have gridlock. People are afraid of hitting other cars.

There aren't many drivers with the skill to drive as fast as you suggest. Maybe 5% could do it safely. The rest are too incompetent. You can't ask incompetent people to drive faster without problems. There will ALWAYS be incompetent people, and most people who need transportation will always be relatively incompetent. That is an unchanging thing.
If you want a REAL solution to a problem, you have to work within the parameters of that which will never change.

If the underlying problem is human incompetence, then driving faster will never solve that problem. It will only make it worse.

Within the parameters of the skill of most human beings, the only way to reduce gridlock is to have fewer cars on the road, because most people will never have the skill to drive as fast as you suggest.
Plus, lane changes become a real problem at speed as well.

If the only people on the road were the ones with the talent to be able to drive fast , there would be so few cars on the road, that gridlock would basically be a non issue regardless of how fast or slow those people drove their cars.
The implication of your idea is that most people are much better drivers than they actually are, and that somehow, people are simply driving slower than they reasonably could. This is false.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the money he raised isn't meaningless by any means to those that it helped, but look at all the lives this guy has ruined. Not even all those millions he raised over the years will hold his reputation as a "legend" in the future. A compulsive liar with no regard to people that he was hurting.....maybe the biggest ****** athlete ever?

I admit I held on in believing he was not guilty until George Hincapie turned on him. Having lived much of my life in Europe, anti-Americanism was always a viable theory. I could have almost believed that after the LeMond (despite the irony of a French surname) and Lance dominance, that Europeans were seething at Americans stealing the limelight of a Euro-sport. If the States ever win the World Cup, watch out....

Plus I did not want to be that liberal and hate Armstrong just because he was a conservative icon.

I think the most important problem with Armstrong winning by cheating is that he won the race more times than anyone else, which made him arguably the event's biggest hero. The fact that he is an American is of secondary importance, but does add insult to injury to the Europeans, I'm sure. There have been more Europeans caught cheating in the Tour than Americans, I suspect.

Damn. Jose Conseco is gonna be pissed.

Ha, well it's arguable that the MLB is much better now because of canseco. He may be a ******, but he at least helped changed the doping in baseball, regardless if that was his intent or not.

Back