Kumik - 'Charlie'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't a big fan of this figure based on pics, but I saw one on the bay for $95 shipped, so I figured what the hell, and gave it a shot. I have to say, for the price, I was pleasantly surprised. Headsculpt is very nice, and the body is much better than you'd expect on a cheap figure like this. Even the oversized hat doesn't look that bad in person. For under $100, I'm pretty happy with him.

chaplinkumik010_zps00487fb8.jpg

I agree, for the price, it looks great. Congrats!:rock

I'm holding out for the eventual Iminime release if it ever happens.:(

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that ZCWO/Iminime Chaplin as well. Judging by the pics I've seen of their other releases, it should be quite nice.

Re: ZCWO:1/6 Charlie Chaplin & 《PTU》Series Figure coming soon~
Glad to see someone else taking a shot at Chaplin, that Kumik one was a disaster.

Wow, Obsolete, you made a pretty significant turnaround from your previous post (above) on this Kumik figure. I agree...I've found this figure (aside from the hat) to be a nice one...

Yeah, like I said, was never a fan from pics, but for that price it was worth a shot. It's still a problematic figure (wrong style collar, oversized hat, pants tapered around the ankle for some strange reason, cane too short, tie is the same width at both ends, the visible magnet in his head), but for what I paid, and with a little futzing, I feel satisfied.

Looks like the outfit is fine...sculpt doesn't capture Chaplin as good as the Kumik (comical) one though. That's just my opinion...others might see it differently..

Yep thats chaplin!!! They actuallly had peeps vote on fb what expression they wanted for the fig and this one. I too prefer the expression on kumik, but no doubt the face is chaplin... Ill finally have a charlie for my collection! And a licensed one at that!

I agree...I see his jaw being too round (almost like a John Lennon, early Beatles roundness to it), hair a bit too long...that's the beauty of collecting these figures though. Each sees them differently....I'm glad Siquisiri will finally be getting a Chaplin figure though! Question is...how much will it cost him :)...

I agree with Jerry. The jaw on the head is a bit too round. It also lacks the attitude of the Kumik sculpt.

I also agree with Sean, the clothes are really well done.

The cane is a big improvement on the Kumik short cane. The derby is just about perfect.

All in all it is a very nice figure but with the probable cost of this figure, I think I'll stick with the Kumik figure I already have.

Why the heck do they keep tapering the pants around the ankles? Kumik did the same thing, makes it look like he's wearing MC Hammmer pants. They should be baggy at the bottom and pool up around the feet.

CharlieChaplin_zps838df044.jpg

Sculpt is nice, but I prefer the subtler makeup on the Kumik. Shirt, derby, coat and cane look great.

Back