Kumik - 'Charlie'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KUMIK Charlie Chaplin

Here are the first in hand pics from KG Hobby.

395837_357931697615883_1906082317_n.jpg

530144_357931237615929_1351397952_n.jpg

540241_357931254282594_1856357061_n.jpg

Observation: Not good. The sculpt is great! and you can use the coat and cane, but the rest is prettty bad. THAT hat! wha were they thinking? The proto hat was right on. The pants look bad, and the shirt is the wrong type. The shoes look small. For those waiting for their Selene, im not sure we gonna get what we want.

Re: KUMIK Charlie Chaplin

Completely defeats the purpose of showing off a prototype.

Like I posted on 1/6 Warriors, that sculpt looks absolutely nothing like Chaplin (see google images for proof). The body looks too large for head, the hat is a joke, and if you're going to sculpt an expression why not chose one of his iconic expressions rather than this absurd look?

Sean

Oh no! I ordered this too! That hat is beyond bad...and the cloths terrible. I would much rather have the prototype at this point...too late. No more pre-orders for me...I've learned my lesson the hard way...

Going to have to put a lot, and I mean A LOT of work into this to get something passible. I got the comical version so I'm not too concerned about the head sculpt.

I'm going to have to remove all the velcro from the clothes, and somehow fashion a new derby. I feel like the people who buy an Indiana Jones figure and then go about discarding everything except the head sculpt and make or buy everything else.

Yup, the old bait & switch.
I got to see this first hand to make my own decision.
But looking at the recent photos compared to the promo shots would make me throw up a red flag.

charlie1.jpg
540241_357931254282594_1856357061_n.jpg

Last edited:
Damn it i just looked up Rainman's Chaplin and now nothing else is ever going top look as good.

That visible magnet in the top of his head is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. :rotfl And even with that magnet to hold it on, they still made the hat gargantuanly oversized. :cuckoo:

Hi all,

this is an update from KUMIK.

• KUMIK will replace the followings parts of Charlie the Tramp:-
  • the head sculpt (Normal version. They will be doing a new sculpt)
  • the hat
  • a pair of hands
  • a snap on for the coat (after removing the velcro, the snap on can be sewed onto the coat)

The reason why KUMIK used velcro is because they change the material of the coat. According to KUMIK, the quality of the coat of the actual product is of better quality as compared to the prototype.

Customers who wish to have the parts changed can pm me or you can contact the retailers whom you had made the purchase.

Cheers!

After having to endure all of the negative comments from everyone (myself included), I thought it would be nice to post a positive comment, because it is well deserved...it is really nice to know that Kumik has been responsive to the concerns voiced here!

Will the comical sculpt remain the same as the prototype? I am assuming the hat, coat snap, and hands will change for that as well, right?

Thanks again for your efforts, Oobuh. I know it hasn't been easy to read all these posts, but if these changes are incorporated, they will make the figure much better!

Would love to see a new sculpt that looks like Chaplin. Any idea when that will be ready? If it is a good likeness I'd buy it (and if the hat was redone).

Sean

I received my Kumik Chaplin figure. I got the comical version. The sculpt and paint are great in my opinion. The hat... ridiculous. The cane is a bit short and doesn't touch the ground when he is holding it. The oversized shoes are spot on.

I removed the velcro from the jacket, tigtened up the knees with a bit of Krazy Glue and water treated the pants. I also spent a good deal of time futzing thew collar and tie.

Here are some shots with the factory derby:

DSC_0003-6.jpg

DSC_0004-7.jpg

Here are some shots using a replacement derby. It is from Spencer's Oliver Hardy sculpt:

DSC_0016-4.jpg

DSC_0015-2.jpg

DSC_0013-4.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

DSC_0005-6.jpg

DSC_0017-3.jpg

Last edited:
Back