Kumik - 'Charlie'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lejuan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Found this on Alex's Toyhaven blog and reposted from oobbuh's thread on OSW:

charlie1.jpg

charlie-2.jpg

charlie-3.jpg

charlie-4.jpg

Product Specifications

The 1/6th scale Charlie the Tramp Collectible Figurine features:

- Highly detailed head sculpt of Charlie the Tramp
- KUMIK body with over 30 points of articulations
- Four (4) pieces of interchangeable palms
- Each piece of head sculpt is individually hand crafted and painted

Costume
- (1) white shirt
- (1) tie
- (1) black cutaway tailcoat
- (1) pair of grey baggy pants
- (1) pair of Ford Sterling shoes

Accessories
- (1) bowler hat (Derby)
- (1) whangee cane

For comparison:

10710240-charlie-chaplin.jpg

Beautiful figure, do you know if these will be for sale?

One nit to pick, the collar on the shirt is wrong. The collar pictured is a modern collar.

Not bad for an unlicensed figure, but not great. Hard to imagine any figure matching up to Rainman's version, but you can't unsee what has been seen.

I love it overall, but the facepaint+that expression makes me uncomfortable.

Yup, he looks creepy. I want to like it cause it reminds me of rainman's Chaplin which is extremely rare. The outfit is great.
And although, I realize that nice touch of trying to make it black and white, they should have just made him pale, like Sweeney Todd. But that overly white face and wide open eyes, it kinds makes it look creepy. If, it turns out to be a modest price figure, I may pick it up but will no doubt repaint the face.

Its Charlie, but it seems to lack any sort of you know... 'presence' maybe? I mean it doesnt exhude Chaplin in the expression or the overall quality

hat's setting too high. and yeah the eyes are creepy, rather than Chaplin's sad eyes. sculpts a bit off, but mainly the eyes. but then i always thought Rainman's looked a tiny bit like Mike Myers too

I've got mixed feelings about this Chaplin. A slight smile would work wonders...to serious. As Jungle Jom said, the collar is not right, and also, the jacket should only be buttoned in one place. On the other hand, the sculpt is better than what is available now (which is the world doll, right)? I have never seen Rainman's is it still available?

I've got mixed feelings about this Chaplin. A slight smile would work wonders...to serious. As Jungle Jom said, the collar is not right, and also, the jacket should only be buttoned in one place. On the other hand, the sculpt is better than what is available now (which is the world doll, right)? I have never seen Rainman's is it still available?

There were only 20 Rainman Chaplins made so they are very rare.

Here is a link if you want to have a look at the figure:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...-news-reviews-discussion/81491-rainman-l.html

Ah, that's what I like about you guys...you work quickly! Actually, when I looked at Rainman's, I like this one better. This one looks very accurate, and like Chaplin. Just very sad (or serious)...guess that is part of it, right? The pathos...the clown who is sad...

I hate to say this but I agree with Geronimo... I think the headsculpt on this one is indeed better than Rainmans.

I just contacted this company about price and shipping costs as well as ordering procedure. I hope to hear back soon.

I keep looking at this sculpt... it's very good.

I see Chaplin in it and I also see a bit of Robert Downey Jr.'s version of Chaplin.

I think I've got to get it.

Back