Kumik - 'Charlie'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not like the sculpt is bad, I like the sculpt, I think its the eyes which are bothering me. They are a little too creepy, the likeness IMO is better than Rainmans BUT... those eyes

Its not like the sculpt is bad, I like the sculpt, I think its the eyes which are bothering me. They are a little too creepy, the likeness IMO is better than Rainmans BUT... those eyes

Yeah, the eyes, and eye brows, are off in my opinion. Eyes should be wider apart I think, and eyebrows should be far less serious to capture the familiar "Chaplan" look (also, maybe the nose should be shorter, face a bit fuller, maybe the jaw is too strong, too. He looks far too gaunt. At first I thought I was looking at a prototype of the figure, maybe a generic Hot Toys head painted as Chaplin). I'd also like to see the outfit, etc, in normal lighting as you can't tell much from the photos. The hand looks a little odd to me too.

Sean

I actually like the sculpt... I think it does capture Chaplin well. Can't say I need him in my collection; but a cool figure and nice to have a high quality cheaper alternative to what's come before.

I actually like the sculpt... I think it does capture Chaplin well. Can't say I need him in my collection; but a cool figure and nice to have a high quality cheaper alternative to what's come before.

I agree...looking closely, I also think the sculpt captures his likeness well. I think it's a high quality sculpt, with clothes that are good, but could be better. Maybe the shipped version will include the clothing mods that have been suggested (wing tipped shirt, vest). If not, no big deal, easy to find.

All this attention to detail, guys, and only Remy thinks the mime makeup is odd? I think it would be easier to judge this likeness if it weren't painted to look like Marcel Marceau. Also, Chaplin's eyes were dark blue.

There's an alternate sculpt posted at OSW. Not sure if both sculpts come with it, or if it's two figures.

This is a second sculpt post on OSW. I think its a tad better....
charlie-31.jpg

Boy, neither sculpt really looks like Chaplin to me. Piling on the paint doesn't disguise that to me. The sculpt is off. If the outfit is great, then it might be worth it to buy for parts for an eventual custom head, but as it stands it seems weak and overpriced at $100+ even if it were a good sculpt.

Sean

Hey guys, if nothing else, this sculpt is certainly interesting and controversial, huh! You either like it or you don't...see the likeness or you don't...it's gotten the adrenalin going...I like the second sculpt better than the first, and will probably pick it up (but am hoping both are included)...

"Obviously Blind" is a bit harsh.... Everyone sees things differently.

But I agree with you, the second version of the sculpt is nearly perfect to my eyes.

I happy with the second sculpt, but the costume I'm not sold on. The hat is poorly sculpted and could use some flocking, the fabrics look too heavy and he needs a vest. Nitpicking at this price point maybe. Some pics against a more neutral backdrop would show more detail.

I can live with the outfit, if you keep his top coat closed the vest is not an issue but a vest would be a plus. I would like to see the collar fixed, I know I sound like a broken record regarding that. None of these problems are a deal breaker for me though.

I would like to see some closer shots of the shoes and a grey background for the pictures would be helpful.

Back