Kotobukiya phoenix + emma frost preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, love the base. Too bad it's not in 1:4 scale.

I agree with you and think Koto definitely has potential. I really like some of the work put out from them especially the upcoming Red Hulk by Sosa. The iron man statues so far were pretty good as well. Even the Thor, Cap statues were decent and I would have got them if not for face sculpt/paint.

I the impact of scale on your choice depends on what kind of person/collector you are. If you dont' mind stats of different scale next to each other or have enough space to properly give them room to breath I doubt it matters much. But I only plan to display a limited amount of stats that go together scalewise so as not to break the harmony of the display but I may cycle them between my abodes. I'm far from a completionist, so I get only buy stuff I like in the scale that fits in with my future display. Also price for pound is important, why get a statue half as big, with lesser or same detail for the same price?

Shunya Yama____a has a style of his own and some will like it and others won't. Personally, I like his style to a degree but not enough to collect his 1:6? scale line.

hey fuzz, I used to think the same way you do, trying to have buy all my statues that are in the same scale. But I soon realize that it is impossible for any company to bring out that consistency.The things is the sculptors don't always have other statues for size references when sculpting a new project. So I realize I was missing out on so many good pieces by simply ruler myself with "scales". So now I collect them all, whatever the scale is, as long as the product itself is worth the money. I disply all my SS in one room and all my BD in another, still feels quite consistant.

hey fuzz, I used to think the same way you do, trying to have buy all my statues that are in the same scale. But I soon realize that it is impossible for any company to bring out that consistency.The things is the sculptors don't always have other statues for size references when sculpting a new project. So I realize I was missing out on so many good pieces by simply ruler myself with "scales". So now I collect them all, whatever the scale is, as long as the product itself is worth the money. I disply all my SS in one room and all my BD in another, still feels quite consistant.

Hey Fenjun, thanks for the advice. Well, who knows someday I may go your route. But as it stands, I don't mind missing out on some pieces, if it does not fit my overall display which is going to be really on the small side of collecting. Plus, I am working on 2 separate color coordinated small displays in separate rooms with 2 large custom bases (the pegs of all the statues will all fit into the same base), so I guess that's 2 separate scales and they must look believable together. It's more of building my collection and home along a vision rather than the other way around. Hopefully, when I'm done I can take a photo and show you guys how it looks :)

I'm a fan of anime but not a huge fan. I have Rogue and Black Widow which are amazing. The Dark Phoenix IMO looks to be the best out of the bunch. I like the line but it is definitely not for everyone.

The poses seem physically painful but damn are they sexy.:)

I'm a fan of anime but not a huge fan. I have Rogue and Black Widow which are amazing. The Dark Phoenix IMO looks to be the best out of the bunch. I like the line but it is definitely not for everyone.

The poses seem physically painful but damn are they sexy.:)

See, that's what I said about Psylocke! And yes, Dark Phoenix is the best one.....yet. Hello, Emma?:naughty

Back