Kotobukiya phoenix + emma frost preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad but as I've said on other forums, I've never really been into anime stye faces on western style characters if that makes sense. Still they do look good.

I MEANT THIS ONE... I PREFER THE KOTOBUKIYA'S ROGUE DETAIL TO THIS ONE
rogue-sideshow-comiquette_3549_g7386.jpg

I really can't take these chararcters too serious. They look too cartoony and manga styled. If they looked more real I might consider buying this line.

that would defeat the purpose of the line. Its not supposed to look like its modeled after a comic book style. Plus to say you'd like them to look more real is a bit funny.:banghead

I just think it's too bad that more people don't like this style. I know everyone has their own likes and dislikes but it doesn't seem like it gets the appreciation that it deserves, especially when it's done by an amazing artist like Shunya Yamashi.ta

Like I said though everyone has their own preferences and this is all just my opinion of course. I think I've made it pretty obvious though that I absolutely love this style. :lol

that would defeat the purpose of the line. Its not supposed to look like its modeled after a comic book style. Plus to say you'd like them to look more real is a bit funny.:banghead

Well I'm glad you like my humor, but it is a personal choice.

I just think it's too bad that more people don't like this style. I know everyone has their own likes and dislikes but it doesn't seem like it gets the appreciation that it deserves, especially when it's done by an amazing artist like Shunya Yamashi.ta

Like I said though everyone has their own preferences and this is all just my opinion of course. I think I've made it pretty obvious though that I absolutely love this style. :lol
Preach on.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. It's not a criticism against people's personal tastes and preferences...I mean if you prefer to collect statues that accurately reflect and portray the characters from the source material, fair enough. But you can't expect a bishoujo line to not present the characters with an anime influence...it wouldn't be a bishoujo line now would it?

I am absolutely enjoying this line and appreciate it for what it is. I'm guessing Kotobukiya will be showing these off at Toy Fair.

I'm not preaching at all, I'm just giving my opinion. That's allowed on this forum last time I checked.

Preach on actually has a good connotation (like rock on or keep going), and he is giving you a compliment in this case :)

I agree. Unfortunately, I myself find them kinda cute, just not gettable cute ;p

Well if he meant it in a good way then I take my comment back. It didn't seem like he was to me though and it's hard to tell with text anyway. :lol

Back