Kotobukiya phoenix + emma frost preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're worth $25-40 IMHO.:lecture

Yeah, those ranges would be a lot better. The good thing about these being small is that you can display more of these than the comiquettes. I am running out of room because my comiquettes are taking up so much space lol.

Well in the Anime PVC Figure world, these are reasonably priced. There are figures that are around the same size at the $100 mark. The most I've paid for an Anime figure was around $120 including shipping but the scale was larger than these. I'm not disagreeing that these can be pricey, cause they can be, but I guess I'm more used to the price tags.

I personally think they're worth it and I'll be picking up Rogue soon, which will be my first in this line. Psylocke will probably be the second one when she releases.

I think these are Very Sexy lookin and have to restrain myself from starting a New Line of Collecting these, just so much Great stuff coming out in the Year I want more, If they were a lot less than the going price I wouldn't think twice

I think this is my fav rendition of phoenix done to date. That translucent legs near the fire and fiery hair is pretty cool. Love the paint job too.

TOY_4841_resize.JPG

TOY_4840_resize.JPG

I wish SS would do a Phoenix comiquette or PF in this pose.

I think this is my fav rendition of phoenix done to date. That translucent legs near the fire and fiery hair is pretty cool. Love the paint job too.

TOY_4841_resize.JPG

TOY_4840_resize.JPG

I wish SS would do a Phoenix comiquette or PF in this pose.

Yeah that's an awesome pose. I think that's the best representation of fire in a statue I've seen so far too. The base of Bowen modern Iron-man was not bad but this is cool.

Phoenix looks amazing! :rock I'll be getting the regular version. Psylocke looks great too and I absolutely can't wait to see Emma Frost. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again....Shunya Yamashi.ta is the freakin man!! :rock :rock

Well I think other companies can make statues just as good if not better than SSC. I don't think Koto is quite there yet with the actual statues they've started making but they are getting better. I don't think scale is everything either but that's just my view on it.

And liking the Emma PF or X-23 Comiquette has nothing to do with liking these. If your into this style, which I am as well as others, then your gonna be excited for these. If your not, then that's your preference. Shunya Yamashi.ta happens to be one of my favorite artists also, so for me it's a no brainer.

Last edited:
would be all over this one in 1/4-1/5 scale if ssc would do it.
as i stated in the other thread that base rocks.....:banana:banana

True, love the base. Too bad it's not in 1:4 scale.

Well I think other companies can make statues just as good if not better than SSC. I don't think Koto is quite there yet with the actual statues they've started making but they are getting better. I don't think scale is everything either but that's just my view on it.

And liking the Emma PF or X-23 Comiquette has nothing to do with liking these. If your into this style, which I am as well as others, then your gonna be excited for these. If your not, then that's your preference. Shunya Yamashi.ta happens to be one of my favorite artists also, so for me it's a no brainer.

I agree with you and think Koto definitely has potential. I really like some of the work put out from them especially the upcoming Red Hulk by Sosa. The iron man statues so far were pretty good as well. Even the Thor, Cap statues were decent and I would have got them if not for face sculpt/paint.

I the impact of scale on your choice depends on what kind of person/collector you are. If you dont' mind stats of different scale next to each other or have enough space to properly give them room to breath I doubt it matters much. But I only plan to display a limited amount of stats that go together scalewise so as not to break the harmony of the display but I may cycle them between my abodes. I'm far from a completionist, so I get only buy stuff I like in the scale that fits in with my future display. Also price for pound is important, why get a statue half as big, with lesser or same detail for the same price?

Shunya Yama____a has a style of his own and some will like it and others won't. Personally, I like his style to a degree but not enough to collect his 1:6? scale line.

Back