Kong: Skull Island <<SPOILERS>>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kong: Skull Island

Loved this scene. The model I have is the showpiece of my G collection.
View attachment 280546

:clap

Very impressed with this trailer. At this point I worry when I see Sam Jackson because I feel like he's entering his Priceline Shatner era. He's like the confused Travolta gif of motion pictures...always amusing, but not fooling anyone. But hopefully he's engaged for this one.

giphy.gif

Re: Skull Island - King Kong Prequel

They just shifted focus on to a Dragonfly in the foreground, not that the Dragonfly looked like a helicopter. It was a nice touch though.

Trailer looks better than I imagined it would.

So, are several of the Freaks on this board going to get angry over Hiddleston playing a soldier/tough guy like they did when Brody played one in Predators?

I was reminded of Brody - although moreso for the fact he was the male lead in Peter Jackson's Kong film.

Re: Skull Island - King Kong Prequel

It reminded me to the foreshadowing of the female end x female end seat belt in the Jurassic Park chopper.

You took it literally, of course the dragonfly isn't a helicopter, there are 3 choppers, not 4, and even out of focus you can see it's a dragonfly.

The point of that was to foreshadow the scale and size of things in the island by playing with the depth of field, framing the dragonfly as if it was the size of a chopper, you don't see that type of storytelling through visuals a lot in blockbusters anymore, I thought it was worth noting.

Gotcha', my misunderstanding.

I did like that particular shot as well.

Kong on the steroids in this version or what?

Awesome trailer, really excited for this one. Loved Godzilla '14 so hopefully this one is right up there with it.

I've been watching Jackson's King Kong again a little bit at a time, it hasn't grown on me.

I hate the camera work usually employed when they are showing dead bodies, skeletons and such, seems very amateurish and irritating. Don't know how to describe it for those who don't know what I'm writing about.

Also, the Dinosaur Stampede looked absolutely terrible, can't believe the CGI is so bad in such a big budget movie, guess they spent all the money on Kong.

At this point I'm only up to the scene where Watts tries to amuse Kong, not sure how much more I'm going to bother watching. Shame considering how much love Jackson had for the original.

I've been watching Jackson's King Kong again a little bit at a time, it hasn't grown on me.

I hate the camera work usually employed when they are showing dead bodies, skeletons and such, seems very amateurish and irritating. Don't know how to describe it for those who don't know what I'm writing about.

Also, the Dinosaur Stampede looked absolutely terrible, can't believe the CGI is so bad in such a big budget movie, guess they spent all the money on Kong.

At this point I'm only up to the scene where Watts tries to amuse Kong, not sure how much more I'm going to bother watching. Shame considering how much love Jackson had for the original.

what i hate about the theatrical cut is that he cuts my two favorite scenes, they cut the triceratops scene and the river monster scene

i like those two more than the stupid stampede scene

I need to watch the extended version! Haven't witnessed the triceratops scene.

As for new trailer, it looks really enticing. I liked that they didn't do the full reveal. I got chills as he began rising over the cliff as the guy was standing there. I'm glad they made him bigger. The question is....is he big enough to battle '14 Godzilla? He still seemed a little too small to do battle with G.

King Kong just shines a glaring light on Jackson's limitations that the great source material helped gloss over in The Lord of the Rings.
But I still enjoy the big fight scenes in King Kong.

IMG_0286.JPG

"We’re also fundamentally not playing the same game that Gareth Edwards’ Godzilla did and most monster movies do, which I’m sort of sick of the notion that a monster movie needs to wait an hour or 40 minutes until the creature shows up. Kong traditionally does not show up in these movies until very, very late, and the monster traditionally does not show up until very, very late in a monster movie, so a lot of these movies tend to have this structure that’s a bit of a slow burn. Something about this movie made me want to reject that and play a very, very different game."

View attachment 303979

"We’re also fundamentally not playing the same game that Gareth Edwards’ Godzilla did and most monster movies do, which I’m sort of sick of the notion that a monster movie needs to wait an hour or 40 minutes until the creature shows up. Kong traditionally does not show up in these movies until very, very late, and the monster traditionally does not show up until very, very late in a monster movie, so a lot of these movies tend to have this structure that’s a bit of a slow burn. Something about this movie made me want to reject that and play a very, very different game."

Anything is better than waiting for two hours for him to show up in PJ's Kong.

Well...he does look like a big gorilla

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kong looks great, not 100% like a real gorilla, I see a mix of the '33 Kong and a real Gorilla.

GREAT Kong! Good the filmmaker's acknowledgment of the stupidity of story structure making Godzilla a cameo in the new Godzilla(which I can not stand because of that and other reasonns)

Still gonna get his ass kicked by the king of monsters but he looks cool I guess .

Back