Kong: Skull Island <<SPOILERS>>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Skull Island - King Kong Prequel

I remember watching that scene with the Dino Stampede and wanting to kill myself. At some point my friend called me, and it was like a reprieve from the governor. I got up and ran out of the theater and took the call for like a good 40 mins so I wouldn't have to sit through anymore. Naomi dancing for a big CGI character that wasn't there, Jack Black, Jackson's inability to control his use of CGI. That was easily the worst theater going experience I've ever had. At least with Episode 2 and 3 my friends were there to make fun of it. :lol

I remember thinking the only cool and frightening part was when they fell into that bug pit and those ****ing things were eating them alive.

At one point this centipede is eating at Andy Serkis' head and he's fighting it slower and slower because his head is getting chewed apart along with his limbs. Only thing I liked about that long ass movie.

I remember thinking the only cool and frightening part was when they fell into that bug pit and those ****ing things were eating them alive.

At one point this centipede is eating at Andy Serkis' head and he's fighting it slower and slower because his head is getting chewed apart along with his limbs. Only thing I liked about that long ass movie.

What? You hate King Kong now too?

"Bilbo was right, you cannot see what you have become."

BotFATrailer39.jpg

I never hated or liked it really. In my collective movie going experience it was kind of just there. :lol

I see no real public interest in this film...
As a Sy Fy movie, maybe....

I can't wait for this. Loved PJ's Kong.

Most people interested in it are probably a slightly older demographic who have experience with past King Kong films.
Which is also the same demographic who choose not to participate in boards like this because it's become painful to interact online with anything pop-culture related. See Flosi's comment above.

Is this entire movie supposed to take place on Skull island? I loved Peter Jackson's King Kong, but I don't think there's room for a sequel to it, seeing as how the title character is dead. :lol

It'd be cool to have the first film be the "origin" of Kong, and specifically take place on Skull island, then the sequel(s) could take place in NY or wherever. I wonder if they'll have Kong vs films like they're doing with Godzilla.

Awe, jeez.... I guess I forgot why I hate this section of the board for a minute when I posted earlier. Bye. :wave
Yep... It's pretty much a cesspool of internet coolguys and wannabe class clowns that will do anything for attention.

I don't see how a prequel would accomplish anything we hadn't already seen in the Jackson version. Not to mention, Kong looked freakin bad ass in that film.

I thoroughly enjoyed King Kong. I still tear up at the end, God's honest truth. But is this necessary? No. Will it get made anyway? Yes.

A bunch of poor saps get sacrificed to Kong and/or the indigenous peoples, one of them sees a bit of humanity in the great ape, it doesn't matter, he dies. The End.

Maybe one of the guys who discovers the island can go native and lead the islanders against the hostile Caucasian invaders. They can even bring the dinosaurs and gorillas and things into the fight. Might be interesting to see how a story like that would play out on film.

That's the power of a possible Oscar nomination. After almost 20 years of supporting roles and small films, Directors (Tim Burton) that haven't worked with him in more than 20 years suddenly want to work with him again, and Hollywood wants to put him in big cgi popcorn summer movies :lol Good for him.

As far as the movie goes, I never understood what was the big deal about a giant monkey? What's so impressive about a big ape, when there are Dinosaurs and unknow monsters and creatures in that island that people have never seen before. But no, look it's big ape! Lets take it back to NY because people have never seen a monkey before! :lol

Joe Devito's book, KONG: King Of Skull Island, is fantastic and covers Kong's origins as well as what happens to the island because of Kong's abduction. A ton of great stuff...much, much more than more sacrifices, etc.
Sadly, this film will not be based on that book, but a film adaption is in the works for the book as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe one of the guys who discovers the island can go native and lead the islanders against the hostile Caucasian invaders. They can even bring the dinosaurs and gorillas and things into the fight. Might be interesting to see how a story like that would play out on film.

Now that right there's a totally original idea, something that's never ever been done befo... :monkey3

That's the power of a possible Oscar nomination. After almost 20 years of supporting roles and small films, Directors (Tim Burton) that haven't worked with him in more than 20 years suddenly want to work with him again, and Hollywood wants to put him in big cgi popcorn summer movies :lol Good for him.

As far as the movie goes, I never understood what was the big deal about a giant monkey? What's so impressive about a big ape, when there are Dinosaurs and unknow monsters and creatures in that island that people have never seen before. But no, look it's big ape! Lets take it back to NY because people have never seen a monkey before! :lol

Keaton's gone Travolta.

Horror Film History — King Kong (1933)

Joe Devito's book, KONG: King Of Skull Island, is fantastic and covers Kong's origins as well as what happens to the island because of Kong's abduction. A ton of great stuff...much, much more than more sacrifices, etc.
Sadly, this film will not be based on that book, but a film adaption is in the works for the book as well.

Never read it, I was going to the library tomorrow; thanks for the recommendation. :duff

I'd watch something with Kong after his abduction to NY. Or maybe we get the next Jurassic Park and they get taken to Skull Island. :lol

Michael Keaton and JK Simmons just pulled out of this project. They're not in it anymore.

Hiddleston is still in.

Back