Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course it's removing it at your own risk, it's hanging on the wall, so if you put it back up wrong/being careless/earthquake/kid throw a basketball on it/etc.. and it falls off, it's likely going to be damaged. I might take it out rarely to take a picture or something but I am going to use screws to secure it. I wouldn't use the word confident to describe him as I wasn't giving him an exam. We were just talking, he seems to know what he's talking about, when I ask how easy it is to take it down.

A lot of collectibles are sold out before they are made.... In fact, anything desirable usually are...

I was more referring to this quote from Midtown Comics: "Please note that the shield is affixed to the wall mount and it is not guaranteed to be easily removable/replaceable." They make it sounds like if you take it off the mount it won't be easy and/or it'll be difficult to place back on. I'm hoping I can take it on or off the mount easily. As easy as it would be removing it from the table stand version.

What I meant by confident was was the answer like a "oh yeah, no problem it can come off and be put back on." Or a "yeaah....sure it can be removed..." Because the latter seems to be the response I'm getting from the American resellers. And when emailing King Arts they kind of danced around all of my questions and told me to contact the Asian resellers.

Anyway thanks. I'll take your word for it!

Any chance a pre-order will be available on BBTS? I'm like watching it every day praying someone cancels... Is there another place that still has this available?

Yeah, I'm looking for the classic one w/ stand. Want to be able to carry it around and get it signed (probably crazy of me since it's $700 but hell, I'd do it, lol) If I'm coughing up $700, then it has to be classic. I've seen some for a little less on eBay but it's custom and from Asia and I'm a little worried about that, quality-wise...

Yeah, I'm looking for the classic one w/ stand. Want to be able to carry it around and get it signed (probably crazy of me since it's $700 but hell, I'd do it, lol) If I'm coughing up $700, then it has to be classic. I've seen some for a little less on eBay but it's custom and from Asia and I'm a little worried about that, quality-wise...

It's available again on BBTS! Go go go!

I grabbed a preorder for this. It's a shame it won't be easily removable from the wall mount, because I would very much prefer to display it that way, but having a 1:1 Cap shield and not being able to take it off and prance around with it almost defeats the purpose. I will look into ways to have the stand one mounted on the wall in a removable way. Make my own board with some hooks or something. Maybe. I'm not handy at all. So probably not.

I really kind of want that Loki scepter too... can't get both at once though.

Yeah I can't decide if it's a fair price or a ridiculous price. Depends on the paint job and quality.

Yay! I got a pre-order in! Some people cancelled or they had more available. They have 2 remaining if anyone wants to hold onto a pre-order while they decide.

Yay! I got a pre-order in! Some people cancelled or they had more available. They have 2 remaining if anyone wants to hold onto a pre-order while they decide.

I initially wasn't going to order this, since I have the EFX shield on order. Then saw your post. So I think I just picked up the last one :slap

This is an expensive hobby :gah: :slap

Nice! Someone else must've read my post and picked up the other one, haha. What is the EFX shield? Is that just like this one or is it different? I don't think I would have room for two Cap shields, haha, though it would be nice to have one signed by Stan (shame it's not possible to get Simon or Kirby, RIP) and another to wield around at a con or halloween or just for fun :lol

Nice! Someone else must've read my post and picked up the other one, haha. What is the EFX shield? Is that just like this one or is it different? I don't think I would have room for two Cap shields, haha, though it would be nice to have one signed by Stan (shame it's not possible to get Simon or Kirby, RIP) and another to wield around at a con or halloween or just for fun :lol

EFX Collectibles is making one out of fiberglass from the original molds of the actual film prop (24" fiberglass version). Not the rubber vibranium one you tasted during your filming :lol

:lol Ah, interesting. So it should be cheaper then since it's not metal? Are those all sold out as well? Fiberglass should be very pretty sturdy.

Fiberglass is not a material I love. But it depends how it is sealed.

What is the King Arts one made out of?

And dw316, you do extra work, right? Did Cap give you a beat down in the last film? Lol (edit, nevermind, just saw your posts in the other hot toys thread).

The EFX fiberglass shield went for $599 and sold out within 2 or 3 days including at all 3rd party retailers. I'm thinking it should be of thick fiberglass/metal construction with leather straps.

The King Arts version was advertised as constructed of aluminum alloy.

Fiberglass is not a material I love. But it depends how it is sealed.

What is the King Arts one made out of?

And dw316, you do extra work, right? Did Cap give you a beat down in the last film? Lol (edit, nevermind, just saw your posts in the other hot toys thread).

Aluminum alloy w/ leather straps according to the BBTS page.

Yeah, only the grenade stunt and the shield bash made it on screen though. There were some other scenes that got cut, or who knows, may have ended up in deleted scenes or in the special features. I haven't seen it yet. I posted a screenshot someone sent me of the shield bash in some other thread, haha. I remember your cameo on Big Bang Theory as well! :wink1: Have you worked on anything else?

Back