KFC's Double Down Sandwich

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks too good not to try once. I don't make a habit of fast food, but I'm not opposed to it either.

What about Colonel's Sauce? I bet it's mayo-based concoction.

It is!

Yep. But that's just one example. Pretty sure there are worst burgers served.

TGIFridays and Red Robin serve the worst hamburgers. Not in taste, but calorie and fat wise. Of course they have cheese , bacon and mayo on them. That's what you need to avoid. Glad I don't like that stuff on my burgers. I want to taste the meat!! :D

TGIFridays and Red Robin serve the worst hamburgers. Not in taste, but calorie and fat wise. Of course they have cheese , bacon and mayo on them. That's what you need to avoid. Glad I don't like that stuff on my burgers. I want to taste the meat!! :D

You mean kinda like this KFC sandwich! :lol Strip all those other things out and you'd have 2 good chicken fillets.

Actually, keep all those things, and add buns, and this thing would get zero attention.

Well, I eat what I want. I take care of myself so when lots of fattening food comes out I want, I can eat it. I am not even close to fat...pretty sure one sandwich isn't going to tip the scales. What will it put me at? 111? Hahaha

Honestly I'm the same way, I can eat whatever I want and not gain much at all in the way of fat..The main reason I think is because I have a fast metabolism, so if I didn't weight train and take care of myself, I would be really skinny, heh..

Last edited:
Honestly I'm the same way, I can eat whatever I want and not gain much at all in the way of fat..The main reason I think is because I have a fast metabolism, so if I didn't weight train and take care of myself, I would be really skinny, heh..

Oh hell no, I have the slowest metabolism ever. Fiber, fiber, fiber.
But more days than not I eat very carefully. So that when I do want to indulge, I don't feel bad. I know that if it does put any extra weight on me, it's not going to be a huge amount and if I eat right the next day, etc, I have nothing to worry about.

Some people worry too much about looks. Yes, it's important to keep healthy and active (I do not exercise, forget that) and eat right. But we also have to live. And food is a big part of my life. I will not make myself feel bad for enjoying it.

If anyone else wants to make themselves feel bad about it, my all means.
:D

Problem is that I don't feel bad from what I'm eating, I think it's a misconception that we are not indulging and that I should be foaming at the mouth for one of these lard burgers.

I'm content with my chicken and veggies and I'm 100% sure that I feel ten times better than 90% of the people on this planet.

You mean kinda like this KFC sandwich! :lol Strip all those other things out and you'd have 2 good chicken fillets.

Actually, keep all those things, and add buns, and this thing would get zero attention.

I like buns on my sammich! :)

Oh hell no, I have the slowest metabolism ever. Fiber, fiber, fiber.
But more days than not I eat very carefully. So that when I do want to indulge, I don't feel bad. I know that if it does put any extra weight on me, it's not going to be a huge amount and if I eat right the next day, etc, I have nothing to worry about.

Some people worry too much about looks. Yes, it's important to keep healthy and active (I do not exercise, forget that) and eat right. But we also have to live. And food is a big part of my life. I will not make myself feel bad for enjoying it.

If anyone else wants to make themselves feel bad about it, my all means. :D

This is me. I try to eat good most days, then when I am bad it doesn't make much of a difference. I do plan on starting an excerise program soon though. I know I don't move enough these days.

128771382947346366.jpg

I like buns on my sammich! :)

I like buns!

Edit: I just came across this news report featuring the KFC Double Down from NECN and LA Times. They said it isn't any worse than most burgers out there. Small solace for the curious, but there it is.

<EMBED SRC="https://www.necn.com/common/CSN/necn/NECNembedplayer.swf" flashvars="&player.releaseURL=https://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=9SGpMQIWinL987wAZt_wc7eXl_TXe8Ye&&MBR=true&&zone=home" height=360 width=640 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowFullScreen=true bgcolor=#ffffff/></EMBED>

Link to article with the video if the embedded vid isn't working: https://www.necn.com/04/09/10/Nutri...anding_health.html?blockID=213347&feedID=4210

Last edited:
I like buns!

Edit: I just came across this news report featuring the KFC Double Down from NECN and LA Times. They said it isn't any worse than most burgers out there. Small solace for the curious, but there it is.

<EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=https://www.necn.com/common/CSN/necn/NECNembedplayer.swf bgcolor="#ffffff/" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="&player.releaseURL=https://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=9SGpMQIWinL987wAZt_wc7eXl_TXe8Ye&&MBR=true&&zone=home"></EMBED>

Only 11 carbs! That's something anyway! :lol

When is this available? I want to be the first idiot that posts a pic of himself eating one. :cool::monkey3:rotfl

I also intend to post said pic in the vegetarian thread. :monkey1

I love KFC. Had a 4 peice meal (drumsticks and thighs) extra crispy, with potato wedges, mashed potatos and gravy, biscuit and extra order of large mashed potatos and gravy for dinner tonigh. Hey I chose the name Darth_Fatso for a reason.

In all seriousness, I do love KFC but I rarely eat there. 1. It's expensive and 2. Their food is so damn fatning, I feel like I shave 10 years off my life everytime I eat there.

I love KFC. Had a 4 peice meal (drumsticks and thighs) extra crispy, with potato wedges, mashed potatos and gravy, biscuit and extra order of large mashed potatos and gravy for dinner tonigh. Hey I chose the name Darth_Fatso for a reason.

In all seriousness, I do love KFC but I rarely eat there. 1. It's expensive and 2. Their food is so damn fatning, I feel like I shave 10 years off my life everytime I eat there.

To be honest I maybe eat their food 3 or 4 times a year. LOL! It's good! I just don't eat more than that.

Back